• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

Any bass players in the southbay? Any recommendations for bass lessons? I'm trying to get back into it after many years of letting my bass gear collect dust. I have a ridiculously high end collection for being such a newb: Alembic Essence 5-string, Modulus Flea 5-string, Warwick Corvette fretless 4-string, MusicMan Stingray 4-string, Martin accoustic 4-string, SWR Workingman 15 and a GK 1001RB bass head with a GK 410RBH cabinet. It's a shame to let this stuff just sit around, so help me put it to use again! :teeth

Any bass players in the southbay? Any recommendations for bass lessons? I'm trying to get back into it after many years of letting my bass gear collect dust. I have a ridiculously high end collection for being such a newb: Alembic Essence 5-string, Modulus Flea 5-string, Warwick Corvette fretless 4-string, MusicMan Stingray 4-string, Martin accoustic 4-string, SWR Workingman 15 and a GK 1001RB bass head with a GK 410RBH cabinet. It's a shame to let this stuff just sit around, so help me put it to use again! :teeth

<----- I just sold my SVT4-Pro and Basson 8x10 Cabinet, but I can still work it on my SR906 :thumbup

If you ever want to jam, just let me know and I'm sure getting a few people together wouldn't be an issue at all.

If you ever want to jam, just let me know and I'm sure getting a few people together wouldn't be an issue at all.

Sure... except I want to take some lessons and get my bearings back before I embarrass myself in front of a bunch of people... 'cause right now I would probably look like one of those idiots who shows up at Santana Row in a Lamborghini and keeps stalling the effin car in front of everybody because he doesn't quite have the hang of the clutch in a sports car. :laughing

lol. no worries. I don't know of any places out here that provide awesome lessons. I learned for 3 years by buying books and playing along to CDs. Then I got the rest of my instruction done through highschool and college. :thumbup Props for picking it up again. Let me know if you ever wanna take a few guitars off your hands, I've got my eye on that Modulus and Corvette. :drool Ever since I played a Contra Bass I've always wanted a fretless.

I'll probably never get rid of the Alembic or the Modulus, but I'm not so in love with the fretless Corvette. It looks killer and has that bitchin Warwick growl, but I always seem to get "lost" on a fretless and I really prefer a 5-string anyway (except for the accoustic bass, my Martin BC15E sounds amazing). If you really want it, make me a reasonable offer or even a trade and you can have it.

Finally did it...

Attachments

• guitar.jpg
    guitar.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 73
Back