• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Help a fellow rider? Bike broke down in our lot.

motostrano

Ebikes & Supermoto
Moto(s)
Haibike
Name
Joe W.
Hello everyone. A fellow barfer sckego has broken down in our lot. If anybody is located near the peninsula and can take it to mountain view for him that would be awesome and I'll give you 10% off any item of your choice. : D

Rolling out to get him now.

Last edited:
Aaron if you can't make it I am up, can't sleep so I can roll out as well.

Did this get worked out? Have truck/ramp if needed...in San Mateo.

Aw, Bonerov and Nonsequitur! Two nice gents who've both helped me, up to more good deeds. :love

Did this get worked out? Have truck/ramp if needed...in San Mateo.

Bonerov isn't responding, so I am going to presume he is already on the way. If he has prior plans I am not that far away.

In the future it is extremely helpful for us if we have a POC or phone number. :thumbup

Bonerov isn't responding, so I am going to presume he is already on the way. If he has prior plans I am not that far away.

In the future it is extremely helpful for us if we have a POC or phone number. :thumbup

in this case, I'd call Joe at motostrano. the number is in his siggy in the first post.

Just saw this, was freezing my ass off on Redwood.... thank you Aaron for saving my boy Sckego and thanks Jack for always being willing to jump in, too!!!!
I love my Angels!!!! :love

Much thanks to Aaron, Mark at Motostrano, and everyone else who posted up offers for help. Was heading down to Motostrano from Alice's to check out some auxiliary fuel canisters for the KTM, and while stopped at a light about two blocks away I noticed a loud clacking sound from the engine. Nursed it gently to Motostrano and decided to not ride it any farther, and tried to post for help... zero internet connection on my phone at Motostrano, despite full bars of reception. WTF? Mark was kind enough to put up a post for me and put me in touch with Aaron, who dropped everything to come down for the rescue. KTM was dropped off at The Motor Cafe, awaiting diagnosis...

Again, huge thanks to Aaron, I believe I owe you two, now.

Clacking sound: spun rod bearing or jacked valve would be my guesses. Hope I'm wrong. Good luck.

Back