Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Reviews & Recommendations

Old 10-31-2018, 09:17 PM   #16
DefyInertia
Original Saratogian

BARF SFMTA Volunteer

Motorcycles: FTW
Name: Nate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple R View Post
Giving the fact that full synthetic is about $15/qt x4 + filter (another $15) that leaves you at $75 in just parts. $125 labor rate (which sounds about right) from a dealer. It's not out of the ordinary to be honest, high balling the whole service.
Yeah but does it take an hour to change the oil on a bike? Even a bike with lots of plastics? More like 30 minutes max including clean up, no? Can’t see how it’s mkre than 30 in a well set up professional shop.

And arnt most 600s not more than 3L? Been a while since I had one.

Last edited by DefyInertia; 10-31-2018 at 09:18 PM..
DefyInertia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:22 PM   #17
Triple R
Veteran

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: Get me injured and in trouble!
Name: Pedro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyInertia View Post
Yeah but does it take an hour to change the oil on a bike? Even a bike with lots of plastics? More like 30 minutes max including clean up, no? Canít see how itís mkre than 30 in a well set up professional shop.

And arnt most 600s not more than 3L? Been a while since I had one.
I'm going worse case scenario. Giving that he was speaking to the parts guys and not a service adviser I'm sure the labor rate or parts could've been discounted a bit. Does it take one hour for a oil change? I would say not quite but it's definitely close if done correctly. Depending on which modern super sport or superbike you're changing they can require anywhere from 3-4 quarts.
Triple R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:50 PM   #18
orbframe
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

AMA #1090498
Contributor + 2%

Motorcycles: 2019 FLHXS, 2017 FXDLS, 2002 RC51, 2001 500R (GF Bike), 1997 FLHT
Name: Dan
Easy Bay Motorsports, or EBM, is an absolute cesspool. Parts sucks, service is a joke... I wish theyíd close so I donít have to look at them when I cheat on Kaspers and go to Casperís.
orbframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:06 PM   #19
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: A few here and there
Name: Budman
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiker View Post
Overpriced - maybe? When did you pay $225+Tax for an Oil change? That's a robbery by most standards, especially if the Dealer offers $90 for the same service.
You may not be interested in the thread, hence your emotions bring no value either. Fact is, they charge ridiculous prices, and have smart mouths, as if we're idiots (it's a bike man, not a car. That's how much it is for bikes..haha) - as if I didn't know the ZX6r was a bike, and not a car. They were out to screw me, or ANYONE who came in for simple oil service. I'm just sharing the news & my experience. Is that Okay with you?

Thank You!!! Point taken :-)
Sure it is OK. I guess I am sensitive to shop bashing since they have been disappearing all to frequently. It is a bummer that you had a bad experience.

Others I am sure have had good ones. It is just all to often that a few bad ones end up out weighing the good.

Ride well.
Racism and RIP threads on Barf - FYI
Barf is more than a dub dub dub dealio
Group Rides-The info you need to know
Godspeed Mom
Godspeed Pit Ho
Godspeed Nicky #69
AMA #: 203453
budman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:25 AM   #20
Maddevill
KNGKAW

AMA #: 542337

Motorcycles: ZX14,GS750E, RM250
Name: Steve
I was a motorcycle tech for almost 15 years. When I went into EBMS they treated me like I was a moron. I take my work to Fremont Kawasaki. Good place. And I recently took a job to DNA Motorlab in Hayward. Super nice people. Check them out.

Mad
Old 11-01-2018, 05:51 AM   #21
mean dad
Sweet Like Candy

AMA #575843
Contributor ++++++++++++++++
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: Mike's YSR, if Trump helps.
Name:
EBM had no problem selling me a used motorcycle with a lot of hidden problems that they knew about.
While I truly believe in the concept of caveat emptor, I'll never give them another dollar based on their willingness to screw me over.

Fuck around and find out.
mean dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:34 AM   #22
jwb
Veteran

Motorcycles: '17 Honda CRF250RL
Name:
Dealers aren't paying retail prices for oil, obviously. But it sounds like they just didn't want to do it. Maybe they didn't like you?
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:48 AM   #23
Hooli
Ruh-Roh!

Barfie Winner 2010
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor++++

Motorcycles: Yep.
Name: El Jefe
I'll admit that when they knocked off $2K from the retail price of the 2018 MT-10's I was sorely tempted. But when I did the math and all was said and done I'd only be saving a couple hundred dollars compared to the two other dealerships I've been sharking (Berkeley Yamaha & Mach 1). Do I really want to risk crappy post-purchase customer service just to pinch some pennies? Plus, someone I know used to work there a few years ago and there were some horror stories he used to tell about the service department.

I'll pay a wee bit more and give EBM a hard pass.

"My bullshit meter and givsafuckometers are currently at zenith and nadir." - Carries An Axe

Performance Concepts RMC Moto
---------------------------------
Art Grant AFM #677 Craig Hightower AFM#868 Rydther/B12Bill Gary Jaehne AFM #13 Miri/Lylith
Hooli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 11:03 AM   #24
Hooli
Ruh-Roh!

Barfie Winner 2010
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor++++

Motorcycles: Yep.
Name: El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyInertia View Post
Aren't most 600s not more than 3L? Been a while since I had one.
Service manual for my 2008 R6 states 2.6L capacity with oil filter replacement. Of course the total engine oil capacity is 3.4L.

"My bullshit meter and givsafuckometers are currently at zenith and nadir." - Carries An Axe

Performance Concepts RMC Moto
---------------------------------
Art Grant AFM #677 Craig Hightower AFM#868 Rydther/B12Bill Gary Jaehne AFM #13 Miri/Lylith
Hooli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:44 PM   #25
Whammy
Veteran of Road Racing

AMA #3283620
Contributor +

Motorcycles: 2016 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
Name:
[QUOTE when I cheat on Kaspers and go to Casperís.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh there in lies the heart ache.
I too am similarly afflicted between the two places.
However going to one vs the other you cant go wrong.
Whammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:32 AM   #26
newbiker
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2016 Ninja Zx6r
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddevill View Post
I was a motorcycle tech for almost 15 years. When I went into EBMS they treated me like I was a moron. I take my work to Fremont Kawasaki. Good place. And I recently took a job to DNA Motorlab in Hayward. Super nice people. Check them out.

Mad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mean dad View Post
EBM had no problem selling me a used motorcycle with a lot of hidden problems that they knew about.
While I truly believe in the concept of caveat emptor, I'll never give them another dollar based on their willingness to screw me over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooli View Post
I'll admit that when they knocked off $2K from the retail price of the 2018 MT-10's I was sorely tempted. But when I did the math and all was said and done I'd only be saving a couple hundred dollars compared to the two other dealerships I've been sharking (Berkeley Yamaha & Mach 1). Do I really want to risk crappy post-purchase customer service just to pinch some pennies? Plus, someone I know used to work there a few years ago and there were some horror stories he used to tell about the service department.

I'll pay a wee bit more and give EBM a hard pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
Sure it is OK. I guess I am sensitive to shop bashing since they have been disappearing all to frequently. It is a bummer that you had a bad experience.

Others I am sure have had good ones. It is just all to often that a few bad ones end up out weighing the good.

Ride well.
Budman,
I'm not asking you to change your opinion; but honestly, are you even reading the comments from others??? Most people are stating their actual experiences at EBM. EBM is not in the business of repeat customers, they sell you a bike once, and they're done. THIS is why after my 1st visit a couple of years ago, I stopped going there. And now with my recent experience, I won't go back.

Honestly, every time I pass that store I just see pretty bikes being sold by crooks. And as for service, I'd go to the actual Kawasaki dealer in Fremont.

I dropped my bike at the Fremont Honda Kawasaki dealership on Tue to check for some vibrations - dealer told me it would be $110 for complete inspection of the bike, then they'll call & quote me any repairs (if needed).
Well, I get a call from them next day - they tell me a couple of bolts in exhaust were hand lose, which they tightened (FREE of charge), performed a full chain service (incl adjustment $32), nothing else was needed - my total bill is $32. I was shocked. I also told them I can't pick up the bike until Friday cuz I have no ride. They said, it's Ok. I told them their bill was very reasonable. They said, we want to keep you as our customer and don't charge for things that aren't necessary . Now, imagine if EBM was looking into my bike's vibration issues + 2 days of storage.... (and they're Not even a dealership).
newbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:18 PM   #27
VicTim
VMCSF

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: 2017 Indian Springfield. 2015 Honda NC700X
Name: Tim
I was able to get a good price on both motorcycles I bought there so I thinks it's a good place to buy a motorcycle but I have had negative experience with the service department and won't go there.

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheep

"An old whore doesn't giggle much" HST
VicTim is offline   Reply With Quote