Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Community > Kitchen Sink

Old 05-17-2018, 07:00 AM   #751
MotoCat
Veteran

Roadside Angel Contributor

Motorcycles: Yes
Name:
Narrative after game 1: "Rockets no match for Warriors"

Narrative after game 2: "Warriors have met their match"

I think Marv Albert was giving game 3 to the Rockets considering how bad the Warriors were last night. And with that he meant they regained home court.
MotoCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:58 AM   #752
Johndicezx9
Rolls with it...

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: :o)
Name: John
I'm gonna side on the probability ol' Marv isn't as sharp as he used to be... (but who is, right?)
Old 05-17-2018, 08:01 AM   #753
Bay Arean
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: Bonneville
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowling4Bikes View Post
great game by the Rockets! They played beautiful basketball. They had the Ws on their heels the entire game and didn't let off the gas.

alright we got ourselves a series!
Yeah. I want the Dubs to prevail but now we got something worth watching. Rockets "adjusted" big time and had a great shooting night. dubs shifted down into a lower gear, which I hoped was behind us. I guess they'll get all motivated again for home play. Watching effort like that makes me wonder why Coach Kerr doesn't go ahead and bring in other bench guys just to shake things up. I truly believe JaVale could shake things up a little but I'm just a fan so....
Bay Arean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:08 AM   #754
jdhu
Veteran

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: 2014 R6
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndicezx9 View Post
I'm gonna side on the probability ol' Marv isn't as sharp as he used to be... (but who is, right?)
LOL...unintended pun?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hannibal.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	508409  
jdhu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:09 AM   #755
jdhu
Veteran

Contributor +++

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowling4Bikes View Post
great game by the Rockets! They played beautiful basketball. They had the Ws on their heels the entire game and didn't let off the gas.

alright we got ourselves a series!
+1. As an NBA fan, I'm glad we'll at least get a game 5 in this series. A short, one-sided series would have been a disappointment (ahem, LeBron!).
Old 05-17-2018, 08:50 AM   #756
Dubbington
Slamdunk Champion

Contributor

Motorcycles: EX Street Triple ;(
Name: Dubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Arean View Post
Yeah. I want the Dubs to prevail but now we got something worth watching. Rockets "adjusted" big time and had a great shooting night. dubs shifted down into a lower gear, which I hoped was behind us. I guess they'll get all motivated again for home play. Watching effort like that makes me wonder why Coach Kerr doesn't go ahead and bring in other bench guys just to shake things up. I truly believe JaVale could shake things up a little but I'm just a fan so....
Maybe itís a match up thing but with the Death Lineup even with Looney, the Rockets have an open lane as warriors have guys on the floor that are quick to guard the 3 but not the lane.

If you think about it, Rockets have a perfect lineup to beat a warriors team. Two guards in cp3 and Harden that can take anyone off the dribble and either get a bucket or a foul and their teammates are waiting in the 3pt line.

Warriors pass and pass and shoot or cut. They donít go to the rim much looking for contact. That is a large part of Rockets game. I personally hate that type of ball because the scorer isnít looking to make a bucket. Also, Hardenís step back is usually a travel but itís never called cuz itís such a small jump after he gather and steps. But itís enough to get a shot off.

I wonder if Javale or Zaza would work for game 3. Clog the lane.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion!

Quote:
Barack Obama ain't taking my shotguns, so don't buy that malarkey. Ö I've got two, if he tries to fool with my Beretta, he's got a problem. -Biden
Dubbington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:55 AM   #757
jdhu
Veteran

Contributor +++

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbington View Post
Maybe itís a match up thing but with the Death Lineup even with Looney, the Rockets have an open lane as warriors have guys on the floor that are quick to guard the 3 but not the lane.

If you think about it, Rockets have a perfect lineup to beat a warriors team. Two guards in cp3 and Harden that can take anyone off the dribble and either get a bucket or a foul and their teammates are waiting in the 3pt line.

Warriors pass and pass and shoot or cut. They donít go to the rim much looking for contact. That is a large part of Rockets game. I personally hate that type of ball because the scorer isnít looking to make a bucket. Also, Hardenís step back is usually a travel but itís never called cuz itís such a small jump after he gather and steps. But itís enough to get a shot off.

That one play, in which I think Ariza literally jogged free to the basket for a dunk, was........awesome!
Old 05-17-2018, 09:02 AM   #758
Johndicezx9
Rolls with it...

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: :o)
Name: John
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhu View Post
LOL...unintended pun?

I looooove biting satire!
Old 05-17-2018, 09:19 AM   #759
Bay Arean
Veteran

Contributor

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbington View Post
Maybe it’s a match up thing but with the Death Lineup even with Looney, the Rockets have an open lane as warriors have guys on the floor that are quick to guard the 3 but not the lane.

Warriors pass and pass and shoot or cut. They don’t go to the rim much looking for contact. That is a large part of Rockets game. I personally hate that type of ball because the scorer isn’t looking to make a bucket. Also, Harden’s step back is usually a travel but it’s never called cuz it’s such a small jump after he gather and steps. But it’s enough to get a shot off.

So much possible rope-a-dope. Maybe Houston did it to Dubs in game one. Maybe Dubs do it to us fans, period. I know I don't know enough to have the ability to understand what is going on, just ponder what it seems..

I was mystified by the sloppy opening turnovers after the Game 1 sharpness. It seemed like they shifted down to a lower gear thinking they could cruise through that game only to get their asses kicked. And Kerr was wistful about it "it's what they do."Sometimes, my shoe comes untied and I'm too lazy to bend over so I walk a bit and chance it. That's what the turnovers reminded me of.

I expect a sharp retort at Oracle. Who knows, but the chance to smother and humiliate Houston is past. They are in it now. But I would imagine that Houston fans also feel stumped about Game One. My only solace is that I can't imagine Houston having that sharp a shooting game at Oracle. They were hitting everything while only KD was hitting for the Dubs. The scoring stats were some kind of season low for the usual all-stars besides KD.

Last edited by Bay Arean; 05-17-2018 at 09:20 AM..
Old 05-17-2018, 09:40 AM   #760
mikev
ĽĽ───knee───►

Contributor + +

Motorcycles: .
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Arean View Post
My only solace is that I can't imagine Houston having that sharp a shooting game at Oracle. They were hitting everything while only KD was hitting for the Dubs.
This, exactly.

The chances that Curry/Klay go 3-12 from three AND Eric Gordon / PJ Tucker go 11-15 from three are, like, null.

It takes off nights from basically everybody plus Houston shooting lights out to get a W.

lying on the stones on the shore. in the dark. muscles torn. bones broken. heart aching. waiting for the tide to rise and take you into sweet oblivion. and then dawn breaks. and the glow flows over you. and you open a swollen eye, and cry at the beauty of the sun on the horizon. and think maybe...maybe you can pull yourself up - and make it one more day. maybe. one more day. and you rise.
mikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:56 AM   #761
jdhu
Veteran

Contributor +++

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev View Post

It takes off nights from basically everybody plus Houston shooting lights out to get a W (by 22 points).
Fixed.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:03 AM   #762
mikev
ĽĽ───knee───►

Contributor + +

Name:
Gordon/Tucker made 7 more three pointers than their season averages. Steph/Klay made 4 LESS than theirs.

math.

lying on the stones on the shore. in the dark. muscles torn. bones broken. heart aching. waiting for the tide to rise and take you into sweet oblivion. and then dawn breaks. and the glow flows over you. and you open a swollen eye, and cry at the beauty of the sun on the horizon. and think maybe...maybe you can pull yourself up - and make it one more day. maybe. one more day. and you rise.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:04 AM   #763
Bay Arean
Veteran

Contributor

Name:
Quote:
Gordon/Tucker made 7 more three pointers than their season averages. Steph/Klay made 4 LESS than theirs.

math.
Yeah, it had the momentum magic thing goin, then the Dubs just kind of stopped bothering to defend. They smelled the coffee and the loss.

Last edited by Bay Arean; 05-17-2018 at 10:08 AM..
Old 05-17-2018, 10:04 AM   #764
jdhu
Veteran

Contributor +++

Name:
Quote:

math.
LOL, you make it sound like the Rockets won by two in the last minute, rather than the starters being out early in the fourth quarter.

I agree it's unlikely the Rockets shoot again this well combined with the Warriors shooting that poorly. But, this was a dominating win, a near blowout. We don't need such an extreme combination for the Rockets to win.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:10 AM   #765
mikev
ĽĽ───knee───►

Contributor + +

Name:
No, i'm saying that 2 role players (plus Ariza) all went off at the same time, and basically all of the Warriors besides KD had bad nights.

That's an obvious recipe for a blowout.