Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Sponsors > The Suspension Forum Presented by GP Suspension

Old 11-14-2018, 06:34 AM   #46
WeekEndWarrior
Motorcycle Guy

Contributor

Motorcycles: The kind I own.
Name: Tim
I had the same problem on my 13 r1. Turn 11 for example at Laguna. The bike would not turn unless I was off the brakes. I went and told Dave moss he added two clicks of compression and fixed her right up. It was amazing.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:57 AM   #47
stangmx13
not Stan

Contributor
BrotoGP

Motorcycles: 04' 600RR, 09' 600RR, 15' R6
Name: Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekEndWarrior View Post
I had the same problem on my 13 r1. Turn 11 for example at Laguna. The bike would not turn unless I was off the brakes. I went and told Dave moss he added two clicks of compression and fixed her right up. It was amazing.
im surprised that change helped that feeling. can u explain the improvement that u felt a little more?
WERA #513 / AFM #513R / MotoAmerica #31
Follow me on IG @rwpierce13
Thanks to: RiderzLaw Vortex
stangmx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:22 PM   #48
WeekEndWarrior
Motorcycle Guy

Contributor

Motorcycles: The kind I own.
Name: Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangmx13 View Post
im surprised that change helped that feeling. can u explain the improvement that u felt a little more?
I should add I had 30mm Cartridges in the forks and a ttx Rear but the change was huge. I could brake now to the apex of the corner and not have to brake straight up and down then release and then turn in.

He had explained to me at the time why the change did what it did but That was 5 years ago now and I didnít fully understand then and donít really know now. Lol
Old 11-15-2018, 12:18 AM   #49
stangmx13
not Stan

Contributor
BrotoGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekEndWarrior View Post
I should add I had 30mm Cartridges in the forks and a ttx Rear but the change was huge. I could brake now to the apex of the corner and not have to brake straight up and down then release and then turn in.

He had explained to me at the time why the change did what it did but That was 5 years ago now and I didnít fully understand then and donít really know now. Lol
Damn. Was hoping to learn something. Oh wells

The only time Iíve felt that drastic a change from only a compression damping change was when I accidentally left the setting at full soft after pulling the fork apart. And the change I needed def wasnít 2 clicks
Old 11-16-2018, 01:03 AM   #50
Holeshot
Super Moderator

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor / Barf Racer
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017

Motorcycles: Monica Sweetheart!!!!
Name: Berto
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangmx13 View Post
make sure u buy those forks w/ Ohlins carts and extenders in the For Sale section
Why Ohlins VS GP Suspension? I'm pretty biased, but GP Suspension comes with manufacture support, especially trackside.

OP: What's your fluid level in the forks? Springs at 1.0 seem too heavy as does the rear spring. Bike sounds like a board. Aim to use the lightest springs you can get away with.

Given the problems you've got, I'd suggest sending your forks in for a service and making sure everything is Kosher. I can't tell the times I had incorrect work in the front end or shock early on it my racing endeavors and didn't know that was the cause of much of my grief.

I'd encourage you to send them in the us at GP Suspension...our tech(s) are excellent and will help you with setup issues long after you get your forks back. Shoot me a PM and I'll get a discount code for the service. I'm interested to see what's going on in the front end....
Posted as a BARF Member, NOT Moderator unless specifically noted as such. These opinions do not reflect the opinion of the BARF MODERATORS nor BARF itself. These are the opinions and posts of solely the posting member unless noted as such: "MOD HAT ON".
Holeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:47 AM   #51
stangmx13
not Stan

Contributor
BrotoGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
Why Ohlins VS GP Suspension? I'm pretty biased, but GP Suspension comes with manufacture support, especially trackside.
ahh zombie quote. like afm199 said, it was a screaming deal.

ive never seen any GP suspension guys trackside. who does it and when/where to they show up?
Old 11-16-2018, 11:10 AM   #52
Holeshot
Super Moderator

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor / Barf Racer
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017

Motorcycles: Monica Sweetheart!!!!
Name: Berto
West Coast based: All AFM and CVMA rounds...some WMRRA rounds too. No WERA rounds...too small.
Posted as a BARF Member, NOT Moderator unless specifically noted as such. These opinions do not reflect the opinion of the BARF MODERATORS nor BARF itself. These are the opinions and posts of solely the posting member unless noted as such: "MOD HAT ON".
Holeshot is offline   Reply With Quote