Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > Crash Analysis

Old 06-06-2018, 11:00 AM   #46
Hoppalong
Veteran

Motorcycles: hare and hound, enduro, adventure
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 295566 View Post
Now you're making statements about my character?
Yes, you're an ungrateful house guest. There, I've said it!

Quote:
What I'm really saying is those people who are driving, don't see you until you're at their rear bumper, then swerve into the shoulder quickly to "make room." IMO that's not "acknowledging my presence and extending courtesy to me," it's erratic and unpredictable
Potato, tomato.
Hoppalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:18 AM   #47
Enchanter
Ghost in The Machine

AMA #: 2815246
BARF Admin
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2007, 2010, 2014, 2017
Contributor ++++++++++

Motorcycles: Attack™-ed R1 & hybrid S1000rr
Name:
Want to move a little? Cool. But please don't leave the roadway to make room for me.

I've been splitting lanes since the early eighties, and rode through the motorcycling boom of the nineties when there were more motos on the road. I didn't need it then, and don't need or want it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataDan View Post
Be resilient. After an unpleasant surprise or close call, get your head back in the game quickly. Learn whatever lesson you can and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal03 View Post
The panties. Unbunch them.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation tends to be the right one.
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

BARF Terms of Service
Enchanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:22 PM   #48
1962siia
Veteran

AMA #: 424261
Contributor + + + 1%

Motorcycles: cr250 xr100 FJR1300 450EXC Montesa Cota 315r Aermacchi/HD Sprint 250ss
Name: Daniel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanter View Post
Want to move a little? Cool. But please don't leave the roadway to make room for me.

I've been splitting lanes since the early eighties, and rode through the motorcycling boom of the nineties when there were more motos on the road. I didn't need it then, and don't need or want it now.
I agree with this completely but I’ll take the swerve out of the way over the old school 90’s swerving to block me any day!
Old 06-06-2018, 01:24 PM   #49
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Motorcycles: '09 600RR
Name: Axel Foley
I'm in the boat that I wish cars would keep doing what they're doing. There's enough room for me to fit.

If they swerve over real quick, it's a red flag to me. Maybe they're not moving for me, maybe they got spooked by something and they might swerve right back too far the other way. Just drive normal and I'll get through. If there's not enough room, I'll wait til there is.
Kurosaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:27 PM   #50
Danger Zone!

Contributor

Motorcycles: 07 R1, 85 GPZ900R
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post
I'm in the boat that I wish cars would keep doing what they're doing. There's enough room for me to fit.

If they swerve over real quick, it's a red flag to me. Maybe they're not moving for me, maybe they got spooked by something and they might swerve right back too far the other way. Just drive normal and I'll get through. If there's not enough room, I'll wait til there is.
Get outta here with your logic.
295566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:38 PM   #51
mjj
Cookie

Motorcycles: '96 R1100RT
Name:
Quote:
Get outta here with your logic.
You can come over here with your logic. I want drivers around me to act calmly and predictably. I can totally see some reactionary swerving because they’ve spotted me.... right into the guy splitting the other side. “Immediately hug the far edge of the lane if you see a motorcycle approaching from the rear” said no statute or drivers handbook ever. I like being acknowledged... with a howdy finger
mjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:47 PM   #52
Danger Zone!

Contributor

Motorcycles: 07 R1, 85 GPZ900R
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjj View Post
You can come over here with your logic. I want drivers around me to act calmly and predictably. I can totally see some reactionary swerving because they’ve spotted me.... right into the guy splitting the other side. “Immediately hug the far edge of the lane if you see a motorcycle approaching from the rear” said no statute or drivers handbook ever. I like being acknowledged... with a howdy finger
Perhaps you missed the sarcasm in my post. If you scroll up a ways, you'll see that I stated pretty much the exact same thing that I quoted... hence my sarcasm.
295566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:54 PM   #53
mjj
Cookie

Motorcycles: '96 R1100RT
Name:
Quote:
Perhaps you missed the sarcasm in my post. If you scroll up a ways, you'll see that I stated pretty much the exact same thing that I quoted... hence my sarcasm.
Totally did miss it! Also am just noticing this is/was an R.I.P. thread... sorry... there’s probably a better place to have this discussion.
mjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:28 AM   #54
LittleBigGirl
Like an ostensory!

AMA #3322079

Motorcycles: 2017 SV650
Name: TJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataDan View Post

In my unpublished, 3500-word Lane Splitting Guide (yeah, it's a bit tedious ), I emphasize:
@DataDan, Could you point me in the direction of the lane-splitting guide?
LittleBigGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:23 PM   #55
DataDan
Mama says he's bona fide

BARF Mod Alumni
BARFie winner 2010 & 2014
Contributor ++

Motorcycles: Yamaha FJR1300
Name: Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBigGirl View Post
@DataDan, Could you point me in the direction of the lane-splitting guide?
PM incoming.