Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Dirty BARFing

Old 09-14-2018, 07:34 AM   #76
augustiron
2fast 2live 2young 2die

Motorcycles: All of them eventually.
Name: nope
Also, per the previous posts. I recently picked up a 1997 ktm 360 2 stroke. Talk about vibes, it blurs my vision and I have a hard time focusing if my butt hits the seat. Standing only on that beast but starting and warming it up makes me dizzy.

Last edited by augustiron; 09-14-2018 at 07:39 AM..
augustiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:31 AM   #77
ThumperX
Veteran

AMA #: 2817058
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++2%
Barf Roadside Angel and more!

Motorcycles: Different strokes Big Bore and little bore Thumpers
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustiron View Post
Thumper, ever find out what the problem was on the FI light issue?

Is the hanging idle just on 500s?
Dan installed a new throttle body and the bike is completely different. This is the bike W thought he bought and our relief is off te charts. Thank goodness for a great dealer who perserveres even after the warranty is out.

District 36

CORVA

Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.

You go where you look!
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:37 AM   #78
augustiron
2fast 2live 2young 2die

Glad it got taken care of, but did it take this long? Did Dan have the bike for months? What was wrong with the throttle body I wonder.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:06 AM   #79
ThumperX
Veteran

AMA #: 2817058
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++2%
Barf Roadside Angel and more!

Motorcycles: Different strokes Big Bore and little bore Thumpers
Name:
No the bike came and went into the shop. apparantly this throttle body had a manufacturing defect. It isn't something that would have been looked for instead we were chasing air leaks finally as a last ditch effort he switched it out with the idea that he would eat it if it didn't solve the problem. Beta paid for the part and possibly the labor to change it but I think Dan got hosed on all the time he invested into this bike.

District 36

CORVA

Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.

You go where you look!
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:29 AM   #80
buellistic
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: kool loud one + 11 more
Name:
Quote:
Also, per the previous posts. I recently picked up a 1997 ktm 360 2 stroke. Talk about vibes, it blurs my vision and I have a hard time focusing if my butt hits the seat. Standing only on that beast but starting and warming it up makes me dizzy.
Thats pretty old..but you can try to put a differnt flywheel on it.
buellistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #81
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Motorcycles: '18 Scorpa 300, '14 Gas Gas xc300r, '93 KTM 550 MXC, 2014 500 EXC
Name:
Those 360's are weird bikes. Made for 2 years and the motor internals don't cross between the two...piston to pin height is different etc. If you have it running and in good shape sell it....get a 380; way better parts supply and a better motor. The early (92-95) 300's were good bikes too except for the stator. The motoplats are good but the others (starts with a "D", blanking on the manufacturer) were either good or would die unexpectedly after about 70 hrs. Had that happen to a buddy on a trip to AZ, thing just wouldn't start all of a sudden....
elemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:11 PM   #82
OaklandF4i
Veteran

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna CR390
Name: CJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemetal View Post
Those 360's are weird bikes. Made for 2 years and the motor internals don't cross between the two...piston to pin height is different etc. If you have it running and in good shape sell it....get a 380; way better parts supply and a better motor. The early (92-95) 300's were good bikes too except for the stator. The motoplats are good but the others (starts with a "D", blanking on the manufacturer) were either good or would die unexpectedly after about 70 hrs. Had that happen to a buddy on a trip to AZ, thing just wouldn't start all of a sudden....
Luke your knowledge of KTMs of that era is frightening. I mean, who rode KTMs back then

If you think me being naked is offensive, dont look!

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

'Cycles is a mean toy lady" Big Halsy
OaklandF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:55 AM   #83
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Motorcycles: '18 Scorpa 300, '14 Gas Gas xc300r, '93 KTM 550 MXC, 2014 500 EXC
Name:
Quote:
Luke your knowledge of KTMs of that era is frightening.
I got heavy into the 550's in the early 2000's. We had an ongoing build/mod thread on KTMtalk for years; went to 400 pages so they finally gave us our own subforum...lots of talk of bikes in that era. Most of my info is from that..

KTM was going through serious financial issue in the late 90's and put some strange stuff together. The first 360 was based of their earlier 300 series low end with a different top, then they re-designed the bottom end (what they used in the later 380) and needed a different top end to fit it. The 360's were good bikes but trying to find parts for them now is an issue as nothing really swaps over.

KTMGeek out over....
elemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:40 PM   #84
augustiron
2fast 2live 2young 2die

Thanks all.
360 is just a loaner at this point, I got a jd jet kit, fork seals and good condition used tires to put on it then decide what to do with it after it is running cleaner.

Also, found the lighting problem On the 350.
From the schematic I found the light relay is powered from the voltage regulator. That wire had continuity to 3 of the 4 places it went in the harness, except to the relay.
We cut the harness open from the voltage regulator plug all the way to the relay and found the wire broken. Fixed it and all good.
What a PITA.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:47 PM   #85
byke
Veteran

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: gas
Name: penorface
Quote:
Why am I mad?
The schematic is 8 pages long...
Shoot, I get cranky just with tail light wiring crossing the subframe. If it's not three bolts, a boot and a muffler, it pisses me off.

But yeah, there's something to be said for the ol' fcr. Even the one electronic part on it doesn't really do anything.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:23 AM   #86
augustiron
2fast 2live 2young 2die

I have my buddy's 2017 450 exc six days here as long as I want it. I told the owner what I didnt.like about it and he agreed on the suspension and asked.me to dial.it in.
Let's see if I can fall in love with all this power and tame that Xplor.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:50 PM   #87
SpeedKills

Motorcycles: Alta Redshift EXR
Name:
I had one of those. 97 360's. Fun bike, can't really recall why I sold it. Probably needed the cash to buy another bike
SpeedKills is offline   Reply With Quote