Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > BARF Love of Community > Best of BARF

Old 01-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #61
revnort
Tasty Pants

AMA#: 1108597
Contributor ++++++++

Motorcycles: F800GS, Dr. Zoidberg
Name: Dan
Post 1 updated with (almost) everything mentioned so far. I'm bored and sick today. No more updates to that post are promised

Also this makes me really want to go riding.

Who do you see? Who do do you watch? Which is your flock? Do you watch at a distance from the side you have chosen? Whose answers serve you best? Who'll save you from confusion? Who will leave you an exit and a comfortable cover? Who will take you oh so near the edge, but never drop you over?
revnort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #62
Lunch Box
Useful idiot

Contributor ++++++

Motorcycles: Dino and electron. Street and dirt.
Name: Aaron
Rest up and get better for Baja, sir. You're going to need your strength to survive the street food.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #63
Nemo Brinker
Tonight we ride

Mod Alumni
Contributor + +

Motorcycles: '04 919, '04 DR650
Name: Legion
This thread is giving me major ride wood. So many roads I haven't yet traveled, even in Northern California alone.

Hairiest road I've encountered lately: Baja, Mexico, the dirt road off Mex 2-D on the way into Guadalupe Canyon. Rock gardens, water crossing, small steep uphills and downhills, and that section with the 6" deep sand and cholla cactus lining both sides to catch you if you go down...and this year that road was in great shape, apparently. If I had more skill in dirt, no problem, but this was a learning experience! Being alone, too, and knowing that I couldn't go down (I was on my way to get medical help for my buddy, who had gone down and gotten hurt a few miles back) surely added some spice, too.

Nemo Brinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #64
revnort
Tasty Pants

Contributor ++++++++

bump.

So Kurt, did you ride Sweetwater? How was it?

Who do you see? Who do do you watch? Which is your flock? Do you watch at a distance from the side you have chosen? Whose answers serve you best? Who'll save you from confusion? Who will leave you an exit and a comfortable cover? Who will take you oh so near the edge, but never drop you over?
Old 01-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #65
slowblood
is slow

AMA #: 2846482
Contributor +

Motorcycles: A Duc and a Trump
Name: Kyle
For me, Thunderhill has given my fits, looking at you turn 5!
slowblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #66
Cire 5th
Veteran

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 13' Triumph Daytona 675
Name:
Can it get anymore challenging than mines rd. I'm watching a YouTube vid of this 250 vs R6, as we speak and I'm like wow. Outfuckingstanding you two. I've never been on mines rd. It looks like I've got a lot of research on my hands here. And if that means going out there slow as a turtle on my own to learn the turns so be it.

Edit, it may not be mines rd. lol. Just looked at the title. The search did bring this vid out so that is why I thought the way I did.

Fuck but a good vid nonetheless. Talk bout adrenaline rush on a couch. I feel like riding out right now.

Searched entry: barf mines rd

Last edited by Cire 5th; 01-07-2013 at 07:57 PM..
Cire 5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #67
joespeedfast
WTF LOL

Motorcycles: wHookers and Blow!
Name: Juliojuanv
Imma throw two of my more recent favs out here that aren't so close to home.
Before that tho, I'm gonna have to say Skaggs-all of it- is definately still near the top although not as seemingly epic as it was when empty and not as well kept more than a decade ago.
Hwy 155 from Glennville to Wafford heights, never ending switchbacks!
Hwy 168(#1 in my book) E from Big Pine all the way to 266?, then right, where you can avg. 150+ all the way to Hwy 95 in Nevada.
Don't forget to turn left at the top of the White mountain range(11,000ft.) and visit the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest!
Bring big power and good tires-Most Epic!

Last edited by joespeedfast; 01-07-2013 at 08:17 PM..
joespeedfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #68
flying_hun
Adverse Selection

AMA #: 281672
BARF Admin
BARFie Winner 2010, 2014 & 2017
Contributor ++++++++++++++++++ ++++

Motorcycles: A hot red Italian named Sophia! Versys - three of 'em!
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by revnort View Post
bump.

So Kurt, did you ride Sweetwater? How was it?
No... I stayed home, took the tree down, put the ornaments away, walked the dogs, etc.....

BARF Terms of Service
TheFlyinghun Blog
Tenth Annual BARF Fall Rally - Hawthorne

Quote:
If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
- Dalai Lama
flying_hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #69
joespeedfast
WTF LOL

Motorcycles: wHookers and Blow!
Name: Juliojuanv
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_hun View Post
No... I stayed home, took the tree down, put the ornaments away, walked the kids, etc.....

Sounds familiar.
joespeedfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #70
Pelon
Lurker

Community Contributor

Motorcycles: 11 ZX10R, 04 Multistrada, 08 450EXC-R, 05 CRF450R SuMo, , 04 CRF150F tracker
Name: Pelon
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowblood View Post
For me, Thunderhill has given my fits, looking at you turn 5!
Is that directed to Bassem?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #71
Banjoboy
Get over yerself!!!

Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: '07 FJR speedshifter ('07 FJR, :rip ) '07 FZ6 (dirt bike)
Name: ANorris
Yeah Danjoboy, ya dun got Sweetwater right; it goes from Armstrong woods ta Dry creek rd near Healdsburg. Itz so challenging sumbody died up thar last year, but I can't remember if'n it wuz a moto or bicycle?

Sum others are;
Fish rock rd. Very challenging chasing GoNotShow (Whoz on a Tenere) whilst rid'in an FJR w/ bald tires.
Alderpoint/Zenia. Thaz real challenging.
Mountain View outta Booneville
Brandscomb 'n while yer up thar ya might as well do Dos Rios, 'n Pookinny ta Covelo
The adventure is in the rider, not the bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyCorky View Post
let the rider who has neither broken the speed limit, nor crossed the double yellow - throw the first stone
(and also sell their fuckin' bike! )
Banjoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #72
revnort
Tasty Pants

Contributor ++++++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by joespeedfast View Post
Imma throw two of my more recent favs out here that aren't so close to home.
Before that tho, I'm gonna have to say Skaggs-all of it- is definately still near the top although not as seemingly epic as it was when empty and not as well kept more than a decade ago.
Hwy 155 from Glennville to Wafford heights, never ending switchbacks!
Hwy 168(#1 in my book) E from Big Pine all the way to 266?, then right, where you can avg. 150+ all the way to Hwy 95 in Nevada.
Don't forget to turn left at the top of the White mountain range(11,000ft.) and visit the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest!
Bring big power and good tires-Most Epic!
Oh I know White mountain and the Bristlecones. 168 is pretty awesome.
Camping at 11,000 feet. Bring Whiskey and a lot of layers. Nothing to burn up there, and it's effin COLD.

The ride back down on Labor Day

Bristle Cones!

I'll add these roads to the first post

Quote:
No... I stayed home, took the tree down, put the ornaments away, walked the dogs, etc.....
Let me know when you get out there. I was sick this weekend, and took the time to get my bike back in order. I completely understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelon View Post
Is that directed to Bassem?
I think Kyle customized his D675 on that turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjoboy View Post
Yeah Danjoboy, ya dun got Sweetwater right; it goes from Armstrong woods ta Dry creek rd near Healdsburg. Itz so challenging sumbody died up thar last year, but I can't remember if'n it wuz a moto or bicycle?

Sum others are;
Fish rock rd. Very challenging chasing GoNotShow (Whoz on a Tenere) whilst rid'in an FJR w/ bald tires.
Alderpoint/Zenia. Thaz real challenging.
Mountain View outta Booneville
Brandscomb 'n while yer up thar ya might as well do Dos Rios, 'n Pookinny ta Covelo
I'll add em.

Also I dun haz some good friends who live on Brandscomb. That road is fun. Also, you do not want to hike away from the road on those roads.

Last edited by revnort; 01-08-2013 at 11:47 AM..
Old 01-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #73
CykoKlr
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2002 CR250R, 03 R1 , KX250, 04GSXR 600 (sold), 06GSXR 600 (sold)' 08 GSXR 600
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by revnort View Post
Oh I know White mountain and the Bristlecones. 168 is pretty awesome.
Camping at 11,000 feet. Bring Whiskey and a lot of layers. Nothing to burn up there, and it's effin COLD.

The ride back down on Labor Day

Did you ride down Silver Canyon Road to Bishop? I have driven it twice but not yet on a bike. Will be doing this in June 2013!!!!! I have a vid of it from the hood of my truck last July. Slow drive...LOL

Quote:
I came in my pants too man, it's okay to get weird over something so perfect and beautiful. ~ Beauregard
Quote:
give me a truckload of replacement bikes, and i think i could improve a bit faster. ~ PantyBuncher
CykoKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #74
revnort
Tasty Pants

Contributor ++++++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by CykoKlr View Post
Did you ride down Silver Canyon Road to Bishop? I have driven it twice but not yet on a bike. Will be doing this in June 2013!!!!! I have a vid of it from the hood of my truck last July. Slow drive...LOL
We skipped that, but I was drooling at the turn off. One of the guys had a rented bike with no crash bars and was feeling a bit skittish.

I'll be back up that way. They open the observation station twice a year and you can get higher up the mountain than usual. The trip was fun so I may do a repeat this year. Post that vid

Old 01-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #75
GoNotShow
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2012 Super Tenere
Name: Adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjoboy View Post
Leeseville/Ladogo /thread
Agree with the Banjoboy. Leesville/Ladoga is absolute shit. Rode it last year and it's as close to off road as you can get on a paved surface. It's tight like Mt Hamilton but 4x as long and the whole thing is full of cracks and pot holes. Actually some pretty nice views along the road though.
GoNotShow is offline   Reply With Quote