Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Classifieds > Moto Wanted

Old 08-25-2018, 02:20 PM   #46
DTM74
It's not my fault...

Contributor ++++++1%
Roadside Angel Contributor

Motorcycles: Gixxus | Husky
Name: Dan
Congrats on the bike. Yeah, my wheel stickers didn't last long. I have the same fender eliminator.
DTM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 02:44 PM   #47
Woody146
Disabled list....for now

Motorcycles: 2017 701 sm 2012 Yamaha FZ8(sold) 2015 BMW s1000R(R.I.P.) 2018 S1000r (R.I.P.)
Name:
Thanks gents! Super stoked!!

Will order some rim stickers when I order a new graphics kit!

Yea the light is interesting. Really hard to see in the sunlight while I was following my pops home but the rear end is suuuper clean!

One down side. This guy only did one service , but oil was all over the under side.

He was nice enough to bring out a mat so I could lay down and look at it. Seemed something is up with the crush washer / drain bolt. Could for sure tell that was the culprit. He brought me out a 13 mil socket and I put a hand on it. It’s over torqued.

I wiped down what I could with the one micro fiber I had in my truck and had him start it, and go ride it. Seems all good. My pops rode it home from hollister and it seems good and no leakage. Had him top up the oil level with his leftovers and he gave me the rest. . But gonna have the bike looked at by a pro mechanic
Woody146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 07:24 PM   #48
stan23
Veteran

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100 S, 2017 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R
Name: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody146 View Post
Thanks gents! Super stoked!!

Will order some rim stickers when I order a new graphics kit!

Yea the light is interesting. Really hard to see in the sunlight while I was following my pops home but the rear end is suuuper clean!

One down side. This guy only did one service , but oil was all over the under side.

He was nice enough to bring out a mat so I could lay down and look at it. Seemed something is up with the crush washer / drain bolt. Could for sure tell that was the culprit. He brought me out a 13 mil socket and I put a hand on it. Itís over torqued.

I wiped down what I could with the one micro fiber I had in my truck and had him start it, and go ride it. Seems all good. My pops rode it home from hollister and it seems good and no leakage. Had him top up the oil level with his leftovers and he gave me the rest. . But gonna have the bike looked at by a pro mechanic
I put on my wheels stickers today. Dont bother getting them, they are garbage. My wheels are sparkling clean with under 200 miles on them. The sharp edge of the sticker doesn't really stay put and they look like they will peel easily. I put some clear tape over the edges, but it looks like crap.
stan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:53 AM   #49
stan23
Veteran

Contributor +

Anybody want to buy a set of complete plastics? The rear fenders has the big 'H' decal from the optional decal kit.

Removed from a bike with 200 miles.

$200 for the whole kit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180825_221725_resized_1.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	512282  
Old 08-26-2018, 08:28 AM   #50
DTM74
It's not my fault...

Contributor ++++++1%
Roadside Angel Contributor

Motorcycles: Gixxus | Husky
Name: Dan
Are you blacking yours out?
DTM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:59 AM   #51
stan23
Veteran

Contributor +

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM74 View Post
Are you blacking yours out?
No, I bought another set of complete plastics when I bought the bike, with the intention of getting a new graphics kit, but now decided against it.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:12 PM   #52
Junkie
re-tarded

Contributor + 3%

Motorcycles: SV1000,WR450tards (03 for sale),YZ426tard
Name: Daniel
Quote:
Originally Posted by PageMillPlaya View Post
Can you even ride a 701 on the SM tracks ? I had a. 690 essentially the same thing just better colors than husky . They are boats . Not a true SM but they are fun bikes
depends on the track I imagine, but I suspect most of them are ok with it. I've seen one at Sears Point kart track.