Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Adventure Riding

Old 09-18-2018, 06:38 AM   #16
Spitfire44
Rookie

Motorcycles: F800GS CRF250X DRZ400 KLX250S GL1200
Name: Lance
Funny. I just watched that last week. Was also going to post a link. Gives a good flavor of riding in Baja. Minus Malcolm's "special" sections.
Spitfire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:02 PM   #17
OaklandF4i
Veteran

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna CR390
Name: CJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire44 View Post
Funny. I just watched that last week. Was also going to post a link. Gives a good flavor of riding in Baja. Minus Malcolm's "special" sections.
Great minds think a like! Some of our "Fun" options have included parts of Malcolm's "Special" sections.

Baja F Yeh!

Another one. Rip to Cabo 2017. Note, the group wont being doing days of tough single track like the Rock Trail as we have too wide a range of experience, no support, and travelling with bags. There will be some opportunities to challenge some that seek it, but it wont be the main routes.
There will be folks going down early to ride single track like Window Rock as an option again too.

Something to take note from this video starting at about minute 33.
One of their riders going down in the same region we had someone get injured and sent to the hospital. Even an easy route like this can bite you with too much speed and letting your guard down. A BIG difference between us and this group is their higher overall skill level and support. They have trucks and their own helicopter..... we dont.

We have to ride folks out or ride out for help if any is available (and it often wont be.) So we simply cant take chances like this and must be that much more diligent in keeping it under control... ride 50% of your ability and like you are alone riding solo in the desert.

Its a theme I'm going to keep hammering for the next few months

youtu.be/otFMBvfh1U8

If you think me being naked is offensive, dont look!

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

'Cycles is a mean toy lady" Big Halsy
OaklandF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:56 AM   #18
Eric B
Know-it-none

Motorcycles: KLE, KLX, KDX, SRX
Name: Eric
The Malcom’s Smith video was fun to watch. Makes me wish we were there.
Malcom is so smooth through the rough stuff.
Eric B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:42 PM   #19
OaklandF4i
Veteran

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna CR390
Name: CJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpez View Post
I would like to join you guys on Saturday and hope to make it to the last open meeting for the Baja trip.
Will

Great to meet and ride with you yesterday at Hollister. I know I can speak for members of the Baja crew that were present yesterday and say we are all looking forward to you joining us on the trip this winter. Oh, and thanks for the Coronas and Modelos.

See you at the next meeting!

If you think me being naked is offensive, dont look!

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

'Cycles is a mean toy lady" Big Halsy
OaklandF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM   #20
rebekahlynn
racer x

AMA #2956245
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor + + + + + +
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: fun ones
Name: rlb
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpez View Post
I would like to join you guys on Saturday and hope to make it to the last open meeting for the Baja trip.
You rocked on your 650! You'll be a great addition to the Baja trip. See you next month.
rebekahlynn is offline   Reply With Quote