Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Community > Kitchen Sink

Old 11-08-2018, 10:35 PM   #151
littlebeast
get it while it's easy

Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++++!

Motorcycles: the red witch
Name:
i canít even imagine how i would react if someone murdered my child. Ďhell hath no furyí doesnít even begin to describe it. you want your guns? serious question for you - as fucking furious as i am, do you want me armed too? and if you say yes, you may want to think twice about that.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:06 PM   #152
cfives
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: EX400
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebeast View Post
i canít even imagine how i would react if someone murdered my child. Ďhell hath no furyí doesnít even begin to describe it. you want your guns? serious question for you - as fucking furious as i am, do you want me armed too? and if you say yes, you may want to think twice about that.
No mentally unstable person would ever risk the wrath of your self aggrandizing fury, just for the chance to shoot a bunch of strangers before killing themselves!
cfives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:33 PM   #153
72SBC
Doesn't really care

Motorcycles: A Potato
Name: Guts
Shitty people will always find ways to kill people if that is what they want. That is a fact.

You can take all the guns away or all the cars or all the spoons. Someone somewhere will still get it done.

So lets not keep beating the horse. IT SUCKS people kill people, that is the world we live in now. It isn't going to change anytime soon because a lot of people think so little of one another. Best you can do is either prepare yourself for the worst and be scared everyday or, keep on keeping on.

Do you live in fear that a drunk driver is going to T-bone you every time you go through a intersection? Probably not, even though it is 1000X more likely to happen. The world can suck but are you going to let it cripple you, is the question.

Last edited by 72SBC; 11-08-2018 at 11:44 PM..
72SBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:37 PM   #154
nbean16
The Art of Seduction

Contributor

Motorcycles: 2007 Honda CBR600RR, 2000 Yamaha YZF-600R (sold)
Name: Nick
Quote:
But what if your child was stabbed? Should we make sure you can't access a blade? The tool used to kill your child makes no fucking difference.
nbean16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:40 PM   #155
ejv
Rookie

Motorcycles: Tuono
Name:
I've seen a lot of these discussions on the interwebs over the last few years and I must say this one is the most civilized I have seen. A lot of good points brought up. Glad you all can discuss this without slinging too much poo around.
ejv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:45 PM   #156
Johndicezx9
Rolls with it...

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: :o)
Name: John
We respect budman’s “Living Room”, as he likes to say....
Old 11-09-2018, 12:10 AM   #157
littlebeast
get it while it's easy

Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++++!

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbean16 View Post
But what if your child was stabbed? Should we make sure you can't access a blade? The tool used to kill your child makes no fucking difference.
keep telling yourself that dude, if it helps you sleep at night. you know what it means when a person has clenched their jaw. right? consider mine clenched.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:50 AM   #158
littlebeast
get it while it's easy

Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++++!

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfives View Post
No mentally unstable person would ever risk the wrath of your self aggrandizing fury, just for the chance to shoot a bunch of strangers before killing themselves!
so let me get this clear, you consider it self aggrandizing to rage on anyone who murders your child? or the circumstances that made that possible?

donít beat around the fucking bush. state your purpose.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:41 AM   #159
72SBC
Doesn't really care

Motorcycles: A Potato
Name: Guts
That's a lot of aggression. We are all on the same side here. Lets be nice.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:53 AM   #160
msethhunter
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: '98 VTR1000F, she's a fatty! '89 YSR 50 with a 150, she said "it's so cute!"
Name: Mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangle View Post
That looks like an administrative code, not an enforceable code. I suppose, if a permit holder violated a restriction listed on the permit, they could possibly be charged with crimes of carrying concealed and/or loaded firearms, just like a non-permit holder would be charged with.
*Shrugs*

Scare tactic used by instructors maybe. The guy who does the classes I attended goes over it in detail.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:22 AM   #161
lefty
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor+++

Motorcycles: '05 ZRX1200
Name: Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by byke View Post
My favorite is when people start out with, "the problem is...", because that's how you know to tune out. There is no, "the problem". It's all the things. Access contributes to some shootings, mental health contributes to some shootings, social aspects contribute to some shootings, parenting contributes to some shootings, media contributes to some shootings, economics contributes to some shootings, or any combination of these things and other things...it's enormously complex. Not only do you have to recognize these things, but you have to be willing to put in the money and effort to address them, then you need to be patient, because it's going to take at least a decade before you get any feedback. The only thing we're currently willing to do involves half some assed cherry picking efforts that are really used as a proxy fights for some other partisan agenda, we don't actually care about the big picture.
You make some very good points; but just look at what we did with Smoking in the US, there was data collected, and lawsuits which funded the anti-smoking campaign. Those efforts drastically changed our attitude toward cigarettes , the same could be done for gun safety. Educating people on how to properly store a gun, or to turn in violent people who own guns, etc.

A big part of the problem is the tight grip of the NRA on politicians nuts; they will not even allow the data to be collected. It's disgusting.

Honorary Member of the TMU (Trouble Makers Union) local 650.

I LOVE DOGS!!!!!
lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:48 AM   #162
ontherearwheel
Veteran

Founding Member

Motorcycles: SecaII commuter, 84 kaw 1100ltd, FZR 400 track bike, 04 R1 track bike
Name:
Quote:
i can’t even imagine how i would react if someone murdered my child. ‘hell hath no fury’ doesn’t even begin to describe it. you want your guns? serious question for you - as fucking furious as i am, do you want me armed too? and if you say yes, you may want to think twice about that.
Yes, I want to be armed anywhere I go. My self defense is on me, no one else. No need to think twice.

And because you can’t control your emotions, yes you don’t need a gun in your possession just like this shooter should not have had any guns in his possession.

You maybe ok being shot unarmed, but I’m not.

You maybe ok with running and hiding hoping not to be shot, but I’m not. If I’m gonna die, I want to go down fighting. I want to be able to shoot back.

It appears most folks are taking the point of view that they will never be in a mass shooting situation......just like those who died in that bar. Guess what.....you never know what’s gonna happen......never.

I could really care less about why someone does mass shootings. I care about defending myself and others,when and if needed,from a mass shooter......cause they can happen anywhere and anytime.

Guns can take life, guns can give life........it all depends on how a gun is used.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:01 AM   #163
asdfghwy
Veteran

Motorcycles: Fast one
Name:
I would love to have some ccw in santa clara county, but that's something that'll never happen. From what I've read, the current sherriff is pay to play for CCW
asdfghwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:04 AM   #164
Abacinator
Unholy Blasphemies

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: 1997 Triumph Tiger 885 "The Tank"
Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontherearwheel View Post
Yes, I want to be armed anywhere I go. My self defense is on me, no one else. No need to think twice.
Must be awful, living in constant fear.
Abacinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:22 AM   #165
GreenDew
Rookie

Motorcycles: Honda CRF250X
Name: Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by byke View Post
My favorite is when people start out with, "the problem is...", because that's how you know to tune out. There is no, "the problem". It's all the things. Access contributes to some shootings, mental health contributes to some shootings, social aspects contribute to some shootings, parenting contributes to some shootings, media contributes to some shootings, economics contributes to some shootings, or any combination of these things and other things...it's enormously complex. Not only do you have to recognize these things, but you have to be willing to put in the money and effort to address them, then you need to be patient, because it's going to take at least a decade before you get any feedback. The only thing we're currently willing to do involves half some assed cherry picking efforts that are really used as a proxy fights for some other partisan agenda, we don't actually care about the big picture.
I think this post reflects how I view the overall issue. There isn't a single motive or impetus for these tragic events. There is some overlap, each one is not uniquely singular, but I think it's wrong to just look at the tool used. I believe it detracts from finding true solutions.
GreenDew is online now   Reply With Quote