Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Dirty BARFing

Old 05-16-2018, 01:24 PM   #1126
Eric B
Know-it-none

Motorcycles: KLE, KLX, KDX, SRX, Evo
Name: Eric
I'm torn between going to watch the this Cow Pile trial, and going to watch the Sac Mile.
Eric B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:14 PM   #1127
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Motorcycles: '18 Scorpa 300, '14 Gas Gas xc300r, '93 KTM 550 MXC, 2009 950 SE, 2005, 2014 500 EXC
Name:
Quote:
I'm torn between going to watch the this Cow Pile trial, and going to watch the Sac Mile.
Tough call, the mile will be a great event no doubt. If you're a glutton you could ride the saturday event and still make the mile in the evening (sat usually ends around 3:30 and is a "family" trial). You could go see the mile on Saturday and then come to Cowpile on Sunday; or just do one or the other. Whatever you do bring your new bike to Stonybarf so we can ride in the creek!
elemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:05 PM   #1128
Eric B
Know-it-none

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemetal View Post
Tough call, the mile will be a great event no doubt. If you're a glutton you could ride the saturday event and still make the mile in the evening (sat usually ends around 3:30 and is a "family" trial). You could go see the mile on Saturday and then come to Cowpile on Sunday; or just do one or the other. Whatever you do bring your new bike to Stonybarf so we can ride in the creek!
Definitely bringing it to Stonybarf.
Didn't consider riding the Cowpile. Hmmm.
My bike has a whine coming out of the clutch when in gear. Need to investigate that.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:39 AM   #1129
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Motorcycles: '18 Scorpa 300, '14 Gas Gas xc300r, '93 KTM 550 MXC, 2009 950 SE, 2005, 2014 500 EXC
Name:
Quote:
My bike has a whine coming out of the clutch when in gear.
If you bring it to Cowpile there will be lots of folks that likely know about that model and may be able to help diagnose. Maybe a common issue that has a simple fix, may be a standard noise. Experienced ears can be very helpful.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:50 PM   #1130
Eric B
Know-it-none

I will try to make the Saturday event and ride it. Talked to Martyn and he answered questions about what I need to participate. See you Saturday.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:20 AM   #1131
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Name:
Quote:
I will try to make the Saturday event and ride it. Talked to Martyn and he answered questions about what I need to participate.
Awesome! Martyn is a great guy and a very talented rider, glad you could contact him. We'll be up around 10 on Saturday and I'll be checking so if you ride I will see you for sure. Probably want to ride the 3 line; you could do 2 also depends on how much of a challenge you want. 3 will show you little things that you're doing wrong but most of the time you'll do well; 2 will show you what you need to work on in spades but neither will have any big obstacles.

See you there
Old 05-18-2018, 09:55 AM   #1132
Eric B
Know-it-none

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemetal View Post
Awesome! Martyn is a great guy and a very talented rider, glad you could contact him. We'll be up around 10 on Saturday and I'll be checking so if you ride I will see you for sure. Probably want to ride the 3 line; you could do 2 also depends on how much of a challenge you want. 3 will show you little things that you're doing wrong but most of the time you'll do well; 2 will show you what you need to work on in spades but neither will have any big obstacles.

See you there

Looking forward to it.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:57 AM   #1133
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Name:
Another epic Cowpile event in the books. Weather was just about perfect (68 or so) with the wind being the only thing to whine about; traction was good; sections were fun if a little on the easy side and lost of folks came out. Not sure on rider count for Saturday but Sunday pulled 60 riders and I saw a bunch of new people, one of which was Eric B. Good for him to come out and ride, he may be hooked! Winning a trophy for 3 line on Saturday probably helped too...Had another new rider (Brett) who we've ridden with at Carnegie a few times come out, he had fun practicing off camber turns on my Saturday section after the event ended. Always so much to work on....

Great riding Mark! You won your class and there were some good riders out there, good to see Tom B make the top three as well. I think you'd have done fine out there on Sunday Sid, there were only a couple of spots that took real input, most was clean turning and steady throttle. Hope that sitting out for an event lets that shoulder heal up....in time for Stonybarf! Looks like me, Donna, Eric, Daniel, Filippe will all be bringing trials bikes so we'll have company for sure. I'll have an extra big bike for you to trail ride if you so please.

Kudos to Martyn et al for running the event, it is always a good ride and a fun social scene; best part is it only took us 1 hr+ to get home! None of that "stuck in traffic in Sacto" for 1 1/2 hrs in the middle of a 3 hr drive! Have to sign up to help with Nationals in the next week or two, that event is going to be a blast.

See you all at the next one!
Old 05-21-2018, 07:22 AM   #1134
1962siia
Veteran

AMA #: 424261
Contributor + + + 1%

Motorcycles: cr250 xr100 FJR1300 450EXC Montesa Cota 315r Aermacchi/HD Sprint 250ss
Name: Daniel
Glad it was a good event! Eric B - nice job and leaving with a trophy is always a bonus!

You guys have me feeling motivated so finally ordered new radiator cap and fan blade for Monty. Hopefully I'll make stonybarf!
Old 05-21-2018, 08:13 AM   #1135
Eric B
Know-it-none

That was a lot of fun. Real nice folks, great weather, good food Saturday night, camping, riding around on rocks, functional hardware(the "trophies" were pint glasses. ). I'm all in.
Looking forward to Stony.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:21 AM   #1136
Eric B
Know-it-none

It was a treat to watch all the amazingly talented riders. The twin shock class had some cool bikes, and guys riding them were good.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:28 AM   #1137
The Toe Cutter
Veteran

Founding Member

Motorcycles: small one
Name:
Thanks Luke congrats on your podium as well. I was really happy to get that top step of the podium! It was a great event, but that loop took it out of me towards the end. Saw that there were like 10 DNFs!

Felt good but still need to work on attacking things with more speed. Took two silly dabs on Sid's section heading up the hill before the rock because I wasn't looking far enough ahead and too timid. However rode well on some of the Expert sections so I still feel like I'm improving.

Not sure if I will make the June event since I have an adventure ride through eastern sierras in early June.

Glad everyone else did well and Sid is on road to recovery!
The Toe Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:59 AM   #1138
micahpearlman
Rookie

Motorcycles: RC390 race, CBR600RR race, CRF250R DTX
Name:
That was a pretty fun event. Sunday loop was super long and was pretty tired On the last loop and sore today. Sections were a little on the easy side (I guess that was a response to the event being a little on the hard side last year?).
micahpearlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:06 AM   #1139
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Name:
Quote:
Took two silly dabs on Sid's section heading up the hill before the rock because I wasn't looking far enough ahead
Hah! I did the exact same thing on the first loop! Fixated on the stupid little stump coming out of the ground and in avoiding it got all screwed up with my line on the rock....silly stuff for sure.

Yeah Mica, Martyn toned it down some this year after looking at the scores from last year; too hot, long loop (9.2 mi) and hard sections made for some issues. Coming down the hill to 9 on the last loop I was feeling it in my legs...good thing 9 and 10 were easy.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:50 PM   #1140
undertheoaks
When in doubt gas it!

Motorcycles: Honda ST1100
Name: El Sid
Yeah awesome event as always and congrats to you all for placing in your class even winning My section was a fun one to watch and check with the perfect weather and we had zero wind where we were. My friend rode Francesca's bike out and was beat, to his credit he hasn't been on a dirt bike since the early 90's and being on a trials bike is all together different so he had his ass delivered to him on a plate. sportsman line was easy unless the stopped on the hill Int line was a little tricky that turn around the boulder got the most points and the Exp line was all about two rocks before they rejoined the Int line and Scott was the only Master line getting a 5 on first loop then cleaning it the last two times. My shoulder is feeling pretty good actually wanted to ride on Sun but commited to checking to followed through on that. I did ride Sat 1 line entered as open but stayed on the 1 line and got 10 points really to easy, but felt good as my first ride since Schaad trial.......I'm back !!
undertheoaks is offline   Reply With Quote