Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Dirty BARFing

Old 09-15-2018, 06:41 AM   #1261
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Motorcycles: '18 Scorpa 300, '14 Gas Gas xc300r, '93 KTM 550 MXC, 2009 950 SE, 2005, 2014 500 EXC
Name:
Probably won't matter, only thing that would be different is how the compression force under front brake moves. On the original set up the spring is on the caliper side, with the switch it goes through the axle. May cause some wheel cant, not sure. I'm guessing they put the spring on the caliper side for a reason, these forks are pretty whimpy.....you'd think the axle clamps would have enough grab to surpass the cant force though.
elemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:49 AM   #1262
The Toe Cutter
Veteran

Founding Member

Motorcycles: small one
Name:
Thanks! What’s weird is the Marzocchi’s have springs in both forks. So hopefully that eliminates that issue.

RE moving rocks around, I agree let’s see if they can move some of the stuff we don’t even touch now. Would be great to get some of those big logs by Franciscan loop but not sure if they would move them that far for us. There is white pile of them just sitting there.
The Toe Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:58 AM   #1263
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Motorcycles: '18 Scorpa 300, '14 Gas Gas xc300r, '93 KTM 550 MXC, 2009 950 SE, 2005, 2014 500 EXC
Name:
Didn't realize the 'Zokes had double springs, so used to the Tech's. Doubt it's an issue then.

If we get a little better we can ride those logs the way they are!

I'd love to get some of them on the adjacent hillside, the small ones there are good practice, a couple of the big ones would be a real challenge, especially in the downhill direction. Faceplant ready to happen if you don't hold pressure and wheelie off.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:22 AM   #1264
undertheoaks
When in doubt gas it!

Motorcycles: Honda ST1100
Name: El Sid
Wont be going to Bear Valley either actually moving into our rental this weekend and looking forward to some normality again. It's been a crazy 6 months of unsure and quite frankly terrified moments. Pretty scary selling your home in the bay area thinking there's no way I could afford to buy her again at least not in the ideal location. Well we officially own 20.80 acres in Copperopolis now, cant wait to start building next year or maybe the year after. Bought a 2018 Sherco Factory 300 and yes it can be registered in Ca, gets issued a new Vin and like Luke did just for to the dmv. Luke the Scorpa and Shercos turn exactly alike they have identical frames the 2017"s had something different but the 18's are identical. We will have a comparison soon. Did you do the flywheel on the Scorpa ? Should have mine by next week or soon the following week. Cant wait to ride again, and host the French Trial !!
undertheoaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 07:37 AM   #1265
undertheoaks
When in doubt gas it!

Old 09-15-2018, 11:07 AM   #1266
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Name:
Whoo! so purdy...

No FFW, that's what the clutch is for! Interesting about the geometry, I wonder what is different between the two? You can see Sherco cast in my lower case so it aint the motor....

Get a sparky on order and we can go to your place for a day trip late Sept/early Oct! Got to break it in...
Old 09-15-2018, 11:19 AM   #1267
The Toe Cutter
Veteran

Founding Member

Motorcycles: small one
Name:
Congrats on the bike and the property Sid!! That is a beautiful bike, can't wait to swing a leg of it and the scorpa to see what the hype is all about.
The Toe Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:16 PM   #1268
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Name:
Been doing more and more in the yard, finally hit the big log a couple of times. Been spending as much time as my quads will bear working on front hops. There really is a trick to the body position and pull back, soon.....

Bike still expected on Tuesday Sid? Bet you're fried after the move, the new bike will be a nice little reward for all the work.
Old Today, 07:30 AM   #1269
undertheoaks
When in doubt gas it!

That's awesome Luke, glad to hear your back on the bike. My trials body is going to be out of shape for sure. Bike should be here either today or tomorrow I hope looks like it was in SoCal last night. How disassembled are they when they crate them up?? Possible ride at our property this weekend if not to hot, need to break it in and get some gravel on the roads.
Old Today, 10:41 AM   #1270
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Name:
I just had to check fluids, install the bars and check for bolts being tight. Ron may have already done that for you, he normally does but since it got direct shipped to me I had to do it.

Not sure I can go all the way up to Copper this weekend, have a big thing for work next Thursday which may result in some weekend time. If I can pull it I will; if you want to ride here you can come over and play in the yard. You may want to do that anyways on Wed/Thurs just to run it in a bit, regardless of whether you go up or not.
Old Today, 02:06 PM   #1271
undertheoaks
When in doubt gas it!

Not sure if it'll be a bike weekend up there yet, mostly going up to install lock for gate, and to get the driveway graveled. Ron said the bike will be ready to go, cant wait it's been to long. Curious how I adapt back to the smokers.
Old Today, 03:20 PM   #1272
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Name:
Trials bikes are the man purse of the moto world. Easy to bring with you anywheres.....I often don't feel right if I'm driving my truck without my trials bike in the back...you just never know when you can ride so good to be equipped!