Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Couch Racer's Corner

Old 08-02-2018, 08:06 AM   #16
WorldSBK
Rookie

Motorcycles: GSX-R600
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBayDave View Post
Oh, I thought I heard they add weight every 3 races someplace? Never heard of a rev limit thing....

Understand about Rea; he should be in MotoGP. His talent is a notch up on everyone in SBK. But seeing KAW win a lot has been rare over the decades so us KAW fans are in heaven these days...

I also have been pretty bored w/ManiacM's dominance. It's happened before as mentioned above. I just wish for the years of yesterday....Rainey, Lawson, Schwantz, Spencer....Roberts/Sheene....etc. Those were the best years that I can recall...
I have never been a big fan of Kawasaki before. But even with the Rev Limiting thing, Kawasaki still wins so I have gained much respect for Kawasaki.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2017...20Championship

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport...les-explained/
WorldSBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:15 AM   #17
EastBayDave
- Kawasaki Fanatic -

Founding Member
From the heart

Motorcycles: ZRX1200
Name: "Dave"
Quote:
Price caps and approval process have been applied to several key frame, suspension and engine parts.
frame, suspension, AND engine parts? Good gawd, make it more dangerous to ride Dorna. Idiots...

I had no idea it went that deep. Seems weight additions or just the rev limit would be enough?
Old 08-02-2018, 08:40 AM   #18
WorldSBK
Rookie

Name:
Regarding motoGP races, in the Argentine round of this year, MM93 came back from 17th position to the top 5 was a proof that the young man is above the pack.

However, in the process, after almost knocking Scott Redding out of the race and causing Valentino Rossi to crash, the fact that MM93 didn't get a penalty (or did he ?) left me perplexed !

Last edited by WorldSBK; 08-02-2018 at 08:42 AM..
Old 08-02-2018, 08:42 AM   #19
Map8
Don't H8

BARF Moderator - BARF Sponsor
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor + + +

Motorcycles: 2017 Df3, YZ250F/SM (parting out), DRZ400SM, KTM 450SMR, CRF230/sm
Name: Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBayDave View Post
frame, suspension, AND engine parts? Good gawd, make it more dangerous to ride Dorna. Idiots...

I had no idea it went that deep. Seems weight additions or just the rev limit would be enough?
There is nothing making anything more dangerous.

WSBK is trying to close the gap between the haves and have-nots so they specified that factory teams have to make engine, chassis and suspension components the factory team uses available to everyone who runs that brand of bike. Whether or not this is the right path is another discussion but that is what the rules are.

“Valentino is just a super down-to-earth, right on dude,” -Brad Baker

BARF Terms of Service
Map8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:39 AM   #20
Rumbo Sur
learning everyday

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: DR650, Ducati HyperStrada, .
Name: Patrick
Moto GP has gotten better, but I DO love WSBK !

I don't follow much of the behind scenes goings on, but from what I've heard, some of the commentators attribute Rea's great success may be due to his Crew chief.

Anyone else hear about this guy?

Sorry, don't recall his name ... I "think" it's an Italian guy?. So, word is it's his incredible set up of the bike that has really helped Rea succeed.

No question Rea is a brilliant rider on any bike, but having a genius doing your set up can really help.
Rumbo Sur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:46 AM   #21
Map8
Don't H8

BARF Moderator - BARF Sponsor
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor + + +

Motorcycles: 2017 Df3, YZ250F/SM (parting out), DRZ400SM, KTM 450SMR, CRF230/sm
Name: Steve
Rea's Spanish crew chief Pere Riba was a pretty good racer running up front in World Supersport when the field was deep and there was a lot manufacturer support. I think he raced a few 500GP races, too. Riba is a very good crew chief and he and Rea have definitely gelled.

“Valentino is just a super down-to-earth, right on dude,” -Brad Baker

BARF Terms of Service
Map8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:57 PM   #22
clutchslip
Nemo me impune lacessit

AMA #: 400179
Contributor ++xoxox++BB++++++!

Motorcycles: Ones faster than I can ride them.
Name: Skippy Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldSBK View Post
Regarding motoGP races, in the Argentine round of this year, MM93 came back from 17th position to the top 5 was a proof that the young man is above the pack.

However, in the process, after almost knocking Scott Redding out of the race and causing Valentino Rossi to crash, the fact that MM93 didn't get a penalty (or did he ?) left me perplexed !
I believe he was penalized four times. Three times at the Argentina race. Don't know about any Redding incident. Are you thinking of A. Espargaro?

A. He had the ride through the pits because of the bike stalling on the starting line.

B. He had to go back a spot (he went back two) after the incident with Espargaro.

C. He got a thirty second penalty at the end, because they couldn't give him another ride-through, since it was the last lap of the race for hitting Rossi.

D. I contend he got the penalty in COTA because of Argentina. Several riders, including the ones involved with MM in Argentina have done the same thing as MM did at COTA with no penality.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:05 PM   #23
WorldSBK
Rookie

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchslip View Post
I believe he was penalized four times. Three times at the Argentina race. Don't know about any Redding incident. Are you thinking of A. Espargaro?

A. He had the ride through the pits because of the bike stalling on the starting line.

B. He had to go back a spot (he went back two) after the incident with Espargaro.

C. He got a thirty second penalty at the end, because they couldn't give him another ride-through, since it was the last lap of the race for hitting Rossi.

D. I contend he got the penalty in COTA because of Argentina. Several riders, including the ones involved with MM in Argentina have done the same thing as MM did at COTA with no penality.
Thanks for detailed info.

With the articles such as the one below, it seemed to me that he deserved a more severe penalty :

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...e-on-probation

Anyhow, we are digressing ...
Old 08-04-2018, 09:41 AM   #24
Clem Kevin
Nude With Boots

Motorcycles: SV650, XR400
Name: Kevin
The years Melandri was on the BMW were the BEST years. Absolute insanity for 2-3 years in that series.
Clem Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:11 PM   #25
WorldSBK
Rookie

Name:
I initially didn't pay much attention to Melandri. But after watching so many races, he is definitely one of the guys who make the races interesting to watch !
Old 08-09-2018, 11:56 AM   #26
Johndicezx9
Rolls with it...

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: :o)
Name: John
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem Kevin View Post
The years Melandri was on the BMW were the BEST years. Absolute insanity for 2-3 years in that series.
Naahhh… the best years were '93 to '02, the Fogarty vs Everybody years, and when he "retired", the Edwards/Bayliss battles.