Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Net-Moto   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > LEO Forum

Old 08-06-2017, 02:09 PM   #61
Junkie
re-tarded

Contributor + 3%

Motorcycles: SV1000,WR450tard,YZ426tard
Name: Daniel
These are 10/325s, aka the good ones.

My recollection is that Oxycodone by itself is Schedule II, but if you mix in tylenol it's Schedule III, so they prescribe Percocet rather than Oxycontin IR (what they gave me in the hospital once I no longer needed IV Dilaudid) because it makes for less paperwork.
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:49 PM   #62
Nick

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Contributor +

Motorcycles: make vroom noises
Name: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
These are 10/325s, aka the good ones.

My recollection is that Oxycodone by itself is Schedule II, but if you mix in tylenol it's Schedule III, so they prescribe Percocet rather than Oxycontin IR (what they gave me in the hospital once I no longer needed IV Dilaudid) because it makes for less paperwork.
They are both Schedule II

IV Dilaudid is amazing!

Last edited by Nick; 08-06-2017 at 07:50 PM..
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:07 AM   #63
Lester Green
DROOPY FOR MOD

Contributor

Motorcycles: give me wood
Name: Shaniqua
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post

IV Dilaudid is amazing!
They gave that to me for an upper GI years ago, most amazing high I have ever had. Didn't mind the 4ft tube going down my throat at all.
Lester Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:34 AM   #64
Junkie
re-tarded

Contributor + 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post

IV Dilaudid is amazing!
I know there's some reason that it's easier for them to prescribe Percocet vs Oxycontin, I thought that was it but I guess not.

Looking it up I found why I thought that: it used to be that hydorocone + tylenol (the combination that's in Vicodin) was III while straight hydrocodone was II, but I guess that changed in late 2014. Not sure if there was ever a similar rule for oxycodone.

I wonder why it is that they gave me straight oxycodone in the hospital, and then prescribed 10/325 oxycodone/apap.

And yes, IV dilaudid is amazing... much better than IV fentanyl
Old 08-07-2017, 12:45 PM   #65
Nick

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Contributor +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I wonder why it is that they gave me straight oxycodone in the hospital, and then prescribed 10/325 oxycodone/apap.
It probably raises less red flags to prescribe combo opioid/acetaminophen than to prescribe straight opioids. Also less potential for abuse since taking too much Tylenol can make you sick.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:52 PM   #66
Dr. Evil
Mother of God.

Contributor

Motorcycles: '99 BMW R1100R (Ozzy)
Name: John
The fewer you have, the less likely you are to get guff. An officer is much more likely to take your word for it that it's yours if you only have one or two pills. Contrast this with a baggie full of them, without a label or any sort of accompanying documentation. What would you think? And even if the LEO is feeling puckish and decides to confiscate them, it's not that big a deal for you. I only carry around one, or at MOST two, because people are shit, and steal them.

Most pharmacies these days provide looseleaf copies of the prescription label. I keep one in my wallet.
You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be. -- VAdm. James Stockdale, USN
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:52 AM   #67
packnrat
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: 2004 FZ1 1993 klr 650 1978 xl 350
Name:
i gave up reading all the bs in this thread.

who really carries around pills in a container other than the one from the pharmacy?
forget just laying around on a car seat.

who carries around any paperwork about said pills?

many Drs transmit the script to the phrmacy, i never see any paper. have not for years.
packnrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:50 AM   #68
Alan_Hepburn
Veteran

Motorcycles: 1994 GL1500SE
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by packnrat View Post
who really carries around pills in a container other than the one from the pharmacy?
According to countless episodes of Cops it seems to be a common occurrence among a certain segment of society...

Quote:
If you carry your prescription in the bottle or container it came in from the pharmacy it has your prescription information on the label...

Quote:
many Drs transmit the script to the phrmacy, i never see any paper. have not for years.
See above: the label has the prescription information on it.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:45 PM   #69
bojangle
FN # 40

BARF Moderator

Motorcycles: 600RR Graffiti
Name: Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
The fewer you have, the less likely you are to get guff. An officer is much more likely to take your word for it that it's yours if you only have one or two pills. Contrast this with a baggie full of them, without a label or any sort of accompanying documentation. What would you think? And even if the LEO is feeling puckish and decides to confiscate them, it's not that big a deal for you. I only carry around one, or at MOST two, because people are shit, and steal them.

Most pharmacies these days provide looseleaf copies of the prescription label. I keep one in my wallet.
While it's the law to only carry them in prescribed container, nearly everyone violates this. Hell, pharmacies sell alternate containers and day of the week pill holders and such.

Anyways, smartphones have made looking stuff up so much easier out in the field. I'm generally only concerned with those pills that are scheduled addictive controlled substances, since those are the types often possessed illegally and in conjunction with other street drugs. I can look the pill up easily and determine what it is, within reason, right out in the field on a phone. (Certainly there are black market drugs out there that contain one substance, but are manufactured to look like another, but, in general, it's fairly reasonable to know what you likely have.)

Bottom line, I'm not terribly concerned about possession not in the administered container. And I'm much more inclined to take someone's word that they have a prescription for the cholesterol, blood pressure, or diabetes medications they possess without proof of a prescription, as compared to the pocket full of hydrocodone or oxycodone, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by packnrat View Post
i gave up reading all the bs in this thread.

In addition to the label on the container, as mentioned above, pharmacies, by law, have to provide a printout of the medication dispensed. That printout contains the prescription information as well as a description of the medication and common side effects, etc. So you should have duplicate proof of every single prescribed medication.

I use micro agressive trigger words.

""This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me... facing the enemy." Author Unknown "

Last edited by bojangle; 02-25-2018 at 01:49 PM..
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 04:10 PM   #70
Dr. Evil
Mother of God.

Contributor

Motorcycles: '99 BMW R1100R (Ozzy)
Name: John
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangle View Post
Anyways, smartphones have made looking stuff up so much easier out in the field. I'm generally only concerned with those pills that are scheduled addictive controlled substances, since those are the types often possessed illegally and in conjunction with other street drugs. I can look the pill up easily and determine what it is, within reason, right out in the field on a phone. (Certainly there are black market drugs out there that contain one substance, but are manufactured to look like another, but, in general, it's fairly reasonable to know what you likely have.).
My post was written from the perspective of someone who has a prescription for a CII drug.
You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be. -- VAdm. James Stockdale, USN
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:53 PM   #71
bojangle
FN # 40

BARF Moderator

Motorcycles: 600RR Graffiti
Name: Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
My post was written from the perspective of someone who has a prescription for a CII drug.
I don't think any officer would give any grief if one had a paper script copy in the wallet to show. Another thought would be to take a photo of the looseleaf prescription label so it's available if you ever have to access it for a form of proof.

Anyone I've ever charged with possession of CII pills did not have a prescription for them.

I use micro agressive trigger words.

""This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me... facing the enemy." Author Unknown "
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:19 AM   #72
Junkie
re-tarded

Contributor + 3%

I also suspect you aren't going to arrest my 85 year old grandmother for having some prescription pain meds (along with other prescription meds) in her pill case even if she has no paperwork for it with her
Old 02-27-2018, 11:54 AM   #73
Nick

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Contributor +

Guys.....

Police are not interested in arresting grandmothers and the disabled for pills outside of prescription. We are looking for the crooks who are doing other stuff.

I really don’t care about the pills (or meth, or heroin, or crack) in and of itself. I care about the quality of life crimes that those users commit to support their habits. The crimes that affect YOU. Car burglaries, identity theft, shoplifting, car theft, residential burglaries.

If these people sat in their homes and did their drugs without ever leaving and affecting the community, no one would care.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:47 PM   #74
moto-rama
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor + + + + + + + + + +

Motorcycles: '07 Bonneville '06 FJR1300 '17 KTM690
Name: Jim
I travel with prescribed Sched 2 drugs, all over the USA , and world.

My advice: Copy your prescription, or carry a letter from your doctor describing what you take and what they are for.
If you want to be extra careful, also make a copy of the Physicans Desk Reference description and Photo of those drugs if you carry them in a generic container.

Most LEOs, Customs Officers and TSA staff don't really give a shit about your drugs.
One thing, though, if you ever go to Idaho, don't bring any pot with you, medical or not.

BTW: What about those of us who *Are" Disabled grandmothers?

Last edited by moto-rama; 03-24-2018 at 07:06 PM..
moto-rama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:40 PM   #75
nbean16
The Art of Seduction

Contributor

Motorcycles: 2007 Honda CBR600RR, 2000 Yamaha YZF-600R (sold)
Name: Nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Green View Post
They gave that to me for an upper GI years ago, most amazing high I have ever had. Didn't mind the 4ft tube going down my throat at all.
Word. Dilaudid made me go from the worst pain in my life to time of my life in 5 minutes.
nbean16 is offline   Reply With Quote