Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > The Stunt Spot

Old 12-21-2003, 03:20 PM   #16
Adower
Veteran

Motorcycles: None, I want to buys your ZX10R
Name:
That gary rothwell article sounds pretty good. Basically I think hes saying. In 1st gear pull away, get the bike up to 5000 RPMS. When you get there pull the clutch in very slightly, this will disengage it from giving all power to the rear wheel. As the Tach climbs to 7-7.5k let the clutch out smoothly but quick..
Adower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:00 PM   #17
fmtgsxr
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: Suzuki Gsxr-600 (telefonica), 05 kawasaki 636(nekid)
Name: Neil
Two Thumbs Up!
Very informative!
fmtgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:59 PM   #18
neuera
Veteran

Motorcycles: 99 Yamaha R6 (gone), 2003 XR50 (GONE), 2002 HONDA F4I
Name:
humm. i tried this the other day. I went up to 8k then pulled full throttle.

I think i rolled off a little bit while repositioning my hand.

so yeah it just went high rpm without the front going up.

i'll try again tomorrow. i don't wanna mess up my second gear since R6's have that second gear problem.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:39 PM   #19
DustBlazer

Motorcycles: Latest: '82 Honda CB900 Custom
Name:
Quote:
Personally, I don't use my rear brake very much at all during normal, everyday riding.
:eek I got to this sentence & stopped reading. I cannot take advice from a rider that says this! The rear brake is there for a very good reason. I've never use only 1 wheel to stop my bike, not since I was 12 & rode a BMX.

Last edited by DustBlazer; 05-14-2004 at 03:40 PM..
DustBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 07:14 AM   #20
JesasaurusRex
Veteran

Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Are Gay
Name: Rex
My question for you people, how to get the dang thing in second after I get her up. Its pretty dang easy for me to get the bike on one wheel but I cant ride it for a distance. So I bring her up pretty high then right back down again. Tried opening and closeing the throttle but I guess I dont have a steady enough of a hand (yet). So just thinkin about it would probably be easier in second since it isnt gear as high (numerically lower) I tried to lift the wheel up in 1st (no problems there) and then clutch it and throw the bitch into second. However the moment I clutch it the bike comes back down . SOmebody help me

soliqsoliq - "Miatas can be cool I like to think of my bike as the Miata of motorcycles--underpowered and often considered a chick's vehicle..."
JesasaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 11:53 PM   #21
JesasaurusRex
Veteran

Contributor ++++

Re: thank u for the tip

Quote:
Originally posted by whocares
jesus fuckin christ ... how much wind u got just for twisting the throttle harder than jesus would dare ...

hope u die soon bitch
Hope I see you in person soon bitch and hope even more you say the same thing to me in person.

soliqsoliq - "Miatas can be cool I like to think of my bike as the Miata of motorcycles--underpowered and often considered a chick's vehicle..."
Old 06-17-2004, 08:50 PM   #22
Cali_RSV
Pasta Burner

Founding Member
Contributor ++

Motorcycles: 2002 Ducati 998, 2005 MV Agusta F4, 2007 Ducati Monster S4RS 2005 749R
Name: Justin
I don't believe you have to clutch in the upshift. Give it a shot while you're not wheeling. It should work.
Cali_RSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:25 PM   #23
rrmike
Rookie

Motorcycles: 02 CBR 954
Name:
No clutch. If you just push up on the shifter and blip the throttle it'll go right into 2nd. It takes some practice. I can ride 1st and 2nd gear wheelies but the shift I'm just learning. I can get it all the time if I throw it up in 1st and shift right into 2nd while it's on the way up but I'm at such low rpm in 2nd that I can't carry it. If I try to ride 1st out to higher rpm I can't get the shift to work out where the front is going up as I shift so I end up losing it that way too. Just need to practice more I guess
rrmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 10:33 PM   #24
JesasaurusRex
Veteran

Contributor ++++

Ill let yawll know thx. So basically if you get it at the right rpm like you can drive a car with out a clutch.

Old 08-01-2004, 12:48 AM   #25
sikone
Veteran

Motorcycles: 01 R6
Name:
ok i tried this is work for me but i need to stay up. i go past mid point but i come back down. so what do i do know to stay up. i need to cotrol my throttle better? i need to lean back or what is it i need to stay balence?

remember be safe..

sikone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:09 AM   #26
DmacFamous
its me snitches!

Motorcycles: 05 ZX6-RERRRRRRR
Name:
just fyi to all wheelie wannabe's

I kept doing 1st gear wheelies and about 3 months after I got my bike, my timing chain busted a hole in my engine case (says my mechanic), which means I have to buy a whole new engine. I haven't rode in about 3 months now and I have been going crazy for a ride like a crack head. so if your wanna do wheelies buy a strong preformance timeing chain. or learn to do 2nd ear wheelies fast!

Quote from an employee right after she got fired. She also has a 4 year degree. . .

DmacFamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:15 AM   #27
crawl
Banned

Contributor

Motorcycles: yes please!
Name: Greg
crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:02 PM   #28
immortal
brake later, gas earlier

Motorcycles: imaginary one
Name: Kurt
putting my left foot on my passenger peg let me do standups.... i could never do them until i did that, now they are easy as hell!
immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:01 PM   #29
R1surfing

Motorcycles: R1 Yamaha
Name:
back brake

I'm sure alot of us can add to this string about a wheelie or wheelies gone bad.
When I was on my ass and watching my R1 burn, I wished I used the back brake. Now I keep my foot very close so that I can hit it if needed. Anyone see Biaggi doing the sickest wheelie on FasterMovie? Only way he brought the bugger down was hit his back brake.
hasta...R1surfing!
R1surfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 05:38 AM   #30
Triple Seven

Motorcycles:
Name:
im 220 lbs. there is no way my bike will power itself up. i gotta clutch it in 1st. no other gear will even think of coming up.