Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Couch Racer's Corner

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 05:06 PM   #31
RightCoastBias
F8TRED

Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: '14 F800GS
Name: Ryan
In Gagne's case he got to chose from being irrelevant in MA or SBk, so i'd say he made the right choice. I'd much rather be irrelevant traveling the world and riding motorcycles, than being stuck in the US traveling to shit towns and cities, whilst being irrelevant riding motorcycles.

I'd imagine he's also making more money, which doesn't hurt.

I really wish the best for Gagne/Jacobsen and hope to the lil baby jesus that I'm wrong.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:29 PM   #32
Dan Halen
Karasu wa shirodesu

Motorcycles: Super fun ones
Name:
I'm excited for him. The good side of the new Honda is that its been out there for a full season- and people know it sucks. Nicky nor Bradll- two world champs, aside from Nicky's win in the rain, coulnd't get that thing on the podium unless they got crashed onto it. So if Jake gets even decent results, it'll say good things about his abilities to those in the paddock. Also, hopefully he gets some rain races- he seems to do well in them. And he's a really nice guy, and we need some American blood on the world stage.

I'm gonna stay on the more optimistic side of this Honda deal.

But yeah- the Americans on the world stage are really behind the 8 ball with their equipment, sadly.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:49 AM   #33
RightCoastBias
F8TRED

Contributor ++++

Loris Baz back in SBK on the Athleta BMW.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2018...ith+Althea+BMW
Old 11-20-2017, 01:16 PM   #34
RightCoastBias
F8TRED

Contributor ++++

Anyone ever read Vonegut's Harrison Bergeron? It's one of my favorite stories ever.

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wsb...-changes-2018/
Old 11-20-2017, 01:34 PM   #35
Map8
Don't H8

BARF Moderator - BARF Sponsor
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor + + +

Motorcycles: 2017 Df3, YZ250F/SM (parting out), DRZ400SM, KTM 450SMR, CRF230/sm
Name: Steve
Some WSBK teams are testing at Jerez this week.

Yonny Hernadez is riding a Pedercini Kawasaki. Apparently he's been signed to race WSBK for them next season.

“Valentino is just a super down-to-earth, right on dude,” -Brad Baker

BARF Terms of Service
Old 11-20-2017, 03:47 PM   #36
squidworth
Veteran

Motorcycles: So many
Name:
Kawasaki already working on their RPM ceiling. It'll be interesting as to what they come up with for next year.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #37
stangmx13
not Stan

Contributor
BrotoGP

Motorcycles: 04' 600RR, 09' 600RR, 15' R6
Name: Robert
fuckin Yonny. that guy's Colombian $$ is worth a lot in any paddock.
WERA #513 / AFM #513R / MotoAmerica #31
Follow me on IG @rwpierce13
Thanks to: RiderzLaw Vortex
Old 11-20-2017, 07:33 PM   #38
kelsodeez
2wheels good 4wheels bad

Motorcycles: SV650
Name: Kelso
i seriously wonder if yonny has any connections to the cartels. what is his family background? racing isnt cheap and Columbia isnt exactly the wealthiest country in the world.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:42 PM   #39
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: A few here and there
Name: Budman
I keep hoping for a miracle from Honda.

Two America kids are hoping too.
Best to you boys!!
Racism and RIP threads on Barf - FYI
Barf is more than a dub dub dub dealio
Group Rides-The info you need to know
Godspeed Mom
Godspeed Pit Ho
Godspeed Nicky #69
AMA #: 203453
Old 11-20-2017, 08:15 PM   #40
Map8
Don't H8

Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor + + +

Not enough money to keep his seat at Avintia in MotoGP. Half a season of Moto2 with a team that eventually folded due to financial issues and now a privateer WSBK team that had three different riders last season. I'm not sure Yonny is bringing much money.

Leandro Mercado is from Argentina and regularly finishes in the top 10 so Yonny is not getting the seat because WSBK needs a South American. I'm guessing he is living out of suitcase with a few sponsors helping him Ant West-style.

BARF Terms of Service
Old 11-21-2017, 03:41 PM   #41
stangmx13
not Stan

Contributor
BrotoGP

Motorcycles: 04' 600RR, 09' 600RR, 15' R6
Name: Robert
i just read the updated WSBK provisional regulations cuz . theres one big change in there now... concession parts.

a concession part is a homologated upgrade part. teams must use that part or the OEM part. this mostly applies to engine parts, but also some chassis parts. this does not apply to software in any way. so at the beginning of the year, all ZX10RRs will be using the same camshafts, valve springs, velocity stacks, ported cylinder head, etc, since no one will use the OEM parts. swingarms and triples are also on the concession parts list and i suspect that all teams will be using those too. the swingarm price cap is 10k EU, ugh.

concession parts may not be changed or updated during the year except for the following circumstances. points are given to a factory based on podium finished, 3 for 1st, 1 for 3rd. after 3 races, any factory that has 9pts less than the most can update their parts once. at the end of the year, any factory that has 36pts less than the most can update their parts once more. this is pretty much an hardware development freeze for Kawi and Duc. and it spans years too, so Kawi wont be able to update anything until they produce a new ZX10RR.

concession parts are WSBK's response to two problems, factory unobtainium and factory development. it spreads the unobtainium around, forcing factories to run on the same stuff as supplied to their private teams. it also gives an effective engine freeze to the top factories while allowing the slower factories to still do some development. this also makes the manufacturer-dependent rev-limit seem less ridiculous. Perdecini wont be seriously handicapped by the Kawi rev-limit because theyll be effectively using the same engines.

i do see some drawbacks to this though:
- concession parts do nothing to slow Kawi down. theyll still be fastest from round 1. and this technically makes it more difficult for other teams to catch up. MV cant make 5 swingarms to fix an issue. in practice, MV probably never tried that so it might not matter. but now they really cant.
- costs wont come down for anyone except Kawi and Duc. the rest will still need to spend $$ to develop anything. Kawi and Duc will have plenty of $$ to develop better motors for their new rev-limit.
- if a swingarm linkage doesnt work for a certain rider, they are screwed. concession part or OEM, thats it. Kawi could end up making parts that only Rea can ride well.
- factory teams will have the same electronics advantage. they must provide their software 3x per year, but they can still hide settings, prevent teams from adjusting things, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Map8 View Post
Not enough money to keep his seat at Avintia in MotoGP. Half a season of Moto2 with a team that eventually folded due to financial issues and now a privateer WSBK team that had three different riders last season. I'm not sure Yonny is bringing much money.

Leandro Mercado is from Argentina and regularly finishes in the top 10 so Yonny is not getting the seat because WSBK needs a South American. I'm guessing he is living out of suitcase with a few sponsors helping him Ant West-style.
i suspect that Karel was able to fill the financial hole from Yonny leaving. Aspar btw.

the Moto2 team folded AFTER Yonny left. maybe his drug money never materialized, or maybe he took it with him .
WERA #513 / AFM #513R / MotoAmerica #31
Follow me on IG @rwpierce13
Thanks to: RiderzLaw Vortex

Last edited by stangmx13; 11-21-2017 at 04:02 PM..
Old 11-21-2017, 05:13 PM   #42
Map8
Don't H8

Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor + + +

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangmx13 View Post

i suspect that Karel was able to fill the financial hole from Yonny leaving. Aspar btw.

the Moto2 team folded AFTER Yonny left. maybe his drug money never materialized, or maybe he took it with him .
Thanks for the correction. Hernandez did ride for Avintia previously though?

I know AGR folded after Yonny left. That kind of makes sense to me. He couldn't bring enough money so keeping him on the team didn't make any difference. If he was bringing big money, the team would have gone to extraordinary lengths to keep him. I doubt he has any connection to organized crime. The money he needs to race GP, Moto2 or as a privateer in WSBK is a rounding error for drug lords. If it was laundered money, he would have the best of everything.

BARF Terms of Service
Old 11-23-2017, 04:55 AM   #43
plaid
Veteran

Motorcycles: '05 Bonneville
Name: Teady
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightCoastBias View Post
Anyone ever read Vonegut's Harrison Bergeron? It's one of my favorite stories ever.
i haven't. here's the PDF.
thanks for the mention.

and good on Loriz Baz ... he seems like a neat guy + entertaining save maven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangmx13 View Post
i just read the updated WSBK provisional regulations ...
i do see some drawbacks to this though ...
thanks for this.

Roberts/Uribe
update :
Joe Roberts, who won the 2015 MotoAmerica Superstock 600 title, ended his first season in the CRV Moto2 Championship in Spain on Sunday, the 20-year-old Californian finishing third in Valencia to end the season ranked fifth. It was Roberts’ third podium of the season.
Roberts’ teammate and fellow Californian Jason Uribe finished eighth today and ended up 11th in the title chase. Uribe will return to the CEV Championship next year with the same team, AGR Racing.

Last edited by plaid; 11-23-2017 at 05:31 AM..
Old 11-24-2017, 12:41 PM   #44
Map8
Don't H8

Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor + + +

RoadracingWorld has a summary of Friday's final test times for the MotoGP, WSBK and BSB teams testing at Jerez this week, including a summary of all fast times for the week.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...iday-at-jerez/

With the offseason truly setting in we can now have the annaul WSBK vs. MotoGP single-flying-lap-who-is-faster-even-though-its-ultimately-meaningess debate.

If that is too boring, we can discuss who has the coolest name in world championship motorcycle road racing. I'm trying to decide between Spanish WSS racer Nacho Colero (I didn't make that up), Italian WSS racer Federico Caricasulo and Spanish Moto2 racer Iker Lecuona.

BARF Terms of Service
Old 11-25-2017, 07:29 AM   #45
plaid
Veteran

Motorcycles: '05 Bonneville
Name: Teady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Map8 View Post
If that is too boring, we can discuss who has the coolest name in world championship motorcycle road racing. I'm trying to decide between Spanish WSS racer Nacho Colero (I didn't make that up), Italian WSS racer Federico Caricasulo and Spanish Moto2 racer Iker Lecuona.
only contemporary road racing? i've always been partial to Heikki Mikkola. arguing stud status between MotoGP and Motocross could be entertaining.

1- Iker Lecuona
2 - Federico Caricasulo
3 - Nacho Calero

to bad there are no Icelandic racers(are there?). they have crazy cakes names in Iceland. feminine and masculine surname suffixes and all that wildness.