Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > 1Rider

Old 06-12-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
cbrf3
The slowest one

Motorcycles: Super Tenere
Name: Koby
Please watch this video and send it to other riders, both new and experienced..

I know that this was posted a little while back in another thread, (so you can spare me the REPOST responses) but I just thought I would post it another time so more people can share it with others, seeing as this could save one rider, or make them think about how they are riding, and how they need to improve their skills in order to survive. I know that we all indulge in the fun of riding and that is why we do it, (and sometimes ride fast or unsafely) but I think some people fail to remember that everytime we get on our bike (or yes in a car also, just less risk), it could be the last, and in order to stay safe we need to be 110% aware of whats going on at every moment, and that the road conditions are always changing, even if you've been on Hwy. 9 300 times, the 301th time could be completely different with a rock around the next corner.. Ride safe everyone, and share this video with whoever you can..http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/motorcycle_v.html
cbrf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
Inka Rider
Ubber Newbie

Motorcycles: RIP Ninja 500
Name:
I had not seen this video before, so thank you for posting it.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!" -Unknown-
Inka Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
mikhail
Waiting for Winter

Contributor

Motorcycles: Gelände/Straße
Name:
There is some good basic safety info in that video, but it's produced for shock value and nothing else. Edit in scenes of car crashes, turn up the sad music, and you've got Red Asphalt circa 1980.
mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #4
DAVE R6
Rookie

Motorcycles: 2007 Yamaha R6
Name:
Ride safe!!! And for all you new riders...that bike is way faster than you can handle. If you respect the bike it will respect you. Go out and buy a brand new hyabusa for all I care. But just like I said...respect that hyabusa or that new R1 or R6 and it will not throw you off its seat or go 140 all of a sudden on the 101. maturity and control are some of the neccesasry things to remain safe on a bike.
DAVE R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:33 PM   #5
crazy_sherm
Veteran

Motorcycles: -
Name: Sherman
I like how the guy in the wheelchair mentions that not only can he not walk, he can't get it up anymore either. He did mention he probably wouldn't give up his 38 years of riding joy to be able to walk again though.
crazy_sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #6
thesenior
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: '07 GSXR 750. '00 SV650, '89 YSR50
Name: Konstantin

oh man... thats just traumitizing. I dont want to leave my bed now

one think i dont understand an dmaybe someone on here can explain it. How did the helmet fly OFF his head?? IT wasnt cracked in half or anything when they showed it. Wrong size?
When i worked at a dealership, i saw plenty of people get into arguments with the parts people over the size of a helmet. One guy said he had to wear a larger one because him and his boys always right with a baseball cap under it
Old 06-12-2008, 03:29 PM   #7
Zed10R
Veteran

Motorcycles: '98 WR400(sold), '04 ZX-10R(sold) '16 S1000RR, '17 ZX10RR
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesenior View Post

oh man... thats just traumitizing. I dont want to leave my bed now

one think i dont understand an dmaybe someone on here can explain it. How did the helmet fly OFF his head??....snip....

One guy said he had to wear a larger one because him and his boys always right with a baseball cap under it
uuuhhh.....your lid will fly off if you don't strap it on. If it WAS starpped on...I didn't watch the whole vid...then it was either WAAAAYYY too big or so old the straps were frayed and weak. In any of those cases a helmet provides little if any protection.

And it's one THING you don't understand...and him and his boys RIDE....

Engrish please...
Zed10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:16 PM   #8
fstenuff600
die-know-might

Motorcycles: 91 suzuki katana 600
Name: genna!

^ owned
fstenuff600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:12 PM   #9
ob1ventura
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: '05ZX10r, '01 FXD, '07FXDC
Name:
Thank you cbrf3...........
ob1ventura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #10
InKoHoLiC
Veteran

Motorcycles: a motorcycle?
Name: Danny
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrf3 View Post
I know that this was posted a little while back in another thread, (so you can spare me the REPOST responses) but I just thought I would post it another time so more people can share it with others, seeing as this could save one rider, or make them think about how they are riding, and how they need to improve their skills in order to survive. I know that we all indulge in the fun of riding and that is why we do it, (and sometimes ride fast or unsafely) but I think some people fail to remember that everytime we get on our bike (or yes in a car also, just less risk), it could be the last, and in order to stay safe we need to be 110% aware of whats going on at every moment, and that the road conditions are always changing, even if you've been on Hwy. 9 300 times, the 301th time could be completely different with a rock around the next corner.. Ride safe everyone, and share this video with whoever you can..http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/motorcycle_v.html
InKoHoLiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:55 AM   #11
Zero_1RR
Canyon Junkie

Motorcycles: RC51
Name:
another misconception: when the CHP officer said that cars are not out to get us. Everyone is out to get us! ignorance and apathy are a deadly combination.
" Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquillity: -Kahlil Gibran

"if ya got some Squid Friends, dey be clappin like dis..... Yall"

Yarrrrrrgh
Zero_1RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:04 AM   #12
vman
Veteran

Motorcycles: Your mom.
Name:
make this video sticky
vman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:15 AM   #13
Manimal
Mini-Moto Racing

BARF Moderator - Mini BARF
Founding Member
Contributor + + + + + +

Motorcycles: are like crack!
Name: Daren
thanks for the post, first time seeing this too

and thanks for the reminder

safe everyone!
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:23 AM   #14
JVIad JVIike
╚(ಠ_ಠ)╛

Motorcycles: '07 gsxr-600
Name: Mike
good point when i am out riding among cars i not only think that i am invisible, i also think that any cars that do see me are going to try and take me out in one way or another. I also am planning escape routes when i am riding. Also as you saw in the video that fast + highway = deadly.
Ride safe guys and keep enjoying the ride.
JVIad JVIike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:07 PM   #15
splat
Veteran

Motorcycles: Red ones
Name: Mark
Maybe it's just me, but that video hit pretty close to home. I knew Jeff, then met his mom and dad later on. Many of you have probably seen them at the Sac to the Bay event. They're by no means Anti-motorcycling. They're pro-safety. It may be the "shock factor" that gets your attention. But hopefully it will get someone's attention.