Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Racers Corner

Old 03-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #151
Hammerin'Hank
On a nail...

AMA #: 2809843
Barf Sponsored Racer
Founding Member
Contributor ++++ 1%

Motorcycles: Tuono V4, RC390, NC700x
Name:
Lol.

No need to get upset. I'm not saying its a bad idea to get the permit. I'm just saying I'm not convinced its required when in a truck and was trying to clarify what PNO charges are.

Do what ya want, it ain't gonna hurt to have MORE paperwork. My personal take is that it's unnecessary, that's all.

Last edited by Hammerin'Hank; 03-31-2013 at 12:28 PM..
Hammerin'Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:50 PM   #152
duh_ave
Veteran

Motorcycles: xr250l, cr250r, Ex AFM 933, 532, 49
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antarius View Post
I don't think there's an agreement as to whether or not it's illegal to transport your PNO'd bike in the bed of a pickup.

Nonetheless, that's not my concern. If you all want to play it safe and buy some random permit that no one, including every cop on the planet has any idea about, go for it. All I was trying to do is keep people from paying for their PNO every year.

For what it's worth. Not a single friend of mine or myself has ever had issues while transporting PNO'd bikes. We have, however, had registration / PNO status / green or red stickers checked; and had I only had a "transportation permit" and no other type of registration / PNO, I can guarantee it would have extended the discussion with the officer as I tried to explain why I was so intent on saving $15 when I bought a transportation permit and didnt PNO it.

Just my $0.02.
young man, an ignorance of the law is no excuse!!!

if you want to cancel street reg but keep it "accessible" (no penalties when you come back later) you still have to file a PNO, even with a transport permit.

Ya, those brake pads get pretty expensive. That's part of what I meant about racing vs. just doing track days. Why waste a perfectly good brake pad if you aren't trying to win a trophy.

"It's frustrating if you're a microbe that's been wandering the Universe for a million years to then die striking the surface of Europa," --Dr Gladman
duh_ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #153
Papi
Mmmmm...Faster

Top Speed Junkie
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Classics to Beastly
Name: Papi
Quote:
Originally Posted by duh_ave View Post
young man, an ignorance of the law is no excuse!!! if you want to cancel street reg but keep it "accessible" (no penalties when you come back later) you still have to file a PNO, even with a transport permit.
Correctamundo.

<--- Has PNO AND MTP. Has been "inspected" 2x in CA and NV. MTP said it all.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote