Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Classifieds > Wanted

Old 06-16-2018, 07:56 PM   #1
900ss
Veteran

Motorcycles: No Mo 1998 S3 Buell No Mo 900SS
Name: Ken
pinball machine

What should I buy, what do you have?
900ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:24 AM   #2
augustiron
2fast 2live 2young 2die

Motorcycles: All of them eventually.
Name: nope
Buy Elvira, either one.
Good gameplay, action and funny one.liners.
augustiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #3
berth
Veteran

Motorcycles: KRS-1200
Name:
Eight Ball Deluxe or Addams Family.

The Addams Family is the best selling Pinball Machine ever made by Williams. It came in two versions, the regular one and Addams Family Gold, which had some gold embellishments and a some ROM tweaks.

The Addams Family Gold came out because the sales of Addams Family surpassed (handily) the previous best selling pinball machine.

Which was Eight Ball Deluxe. EBD was from the early 80's.

A common interview question for prospective Pinball folks at Williams was "How would you improve Addams Family".
The mid-90 Williams machines were extraordinary.

Addams Family was popular for a reason, it helps a lot if you actually like the movie, specifically Raul Julia (which I do, cracks me up). It has a lot of action, lots of fun things like "Thing Flips" and the "Thing Box" ball capture. It also has a "Seance" (I think) mode where a magnet messes with your play. Lots of rails and drop targets. Great sound effects. Another clever one is when the extra ball is lit, there's a target next to the chute that you target. Sometimes, when you hit it instead, Gomez (Julia) will go "No, no, no! Hit the extra ball!" The timing works, since you're likely frustrated that you missed also.

Twilight Zone is very good. One of my favorites is Martian Attack -- it's LOL funny and has lots of zany multi-ball action.

My favorite singular pinball effect was on Shadow. There was a drop target at the top that represented a door. You hit it (knock) 3 times. The 3rd time, the ball is captured on the field (by a magnet), the target then drops, and then the ball is flung in to the chute. Very spooky.

Mind, these tend to be collectible. The cognoscenti cling to these as they're legends in Pinball lore, so that makes them potentially expensive, but at the same time they have a better chance of being in good shape.

As a rule, the Mid-90's Williams machines are reasonably popular with collectors.

Now, all that said, for many, Pinball machines are like boats. The 2 best days are the day you buy them and sell them. The allure and novelty may wear off quicker than you think. And, boy, are they heavy!
berth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:44 PM   #4
wilit
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: '01 SV650 '01 WR250
Name: Ryan
Pacific Pinball in Alameda is having a sale this Saturday (6/23). Some cool vintage machines on the list.

https://www.pacificpinball.org/games
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin
"Americans need never fear their government because of the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation." - James Madison
wilit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:01 PM   #5
900ss
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilit View Post
Pacific Pinball in Alameda is having a sale this Saturday (6/23). Some cool vintage machines on the list.

https://www.pacificpinball.org/games
Thanks! Bummer though, I'll be up at my sister's visiting a 2nd cousin from England. Dammit.

I'll have to cruise up there some time and check the place out.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:57 AM   #6
westie
Its Dethklok!

Founding Member

Motorcycles: Race, Dirt, Street, Mini???
Name: Scottie
I have a Comet pinball machine. Designed by Python Angelo. Its a single ball machine, not supposed to break down as much. One thing I can tell you about owning a pinball machine, they break down more than a vintage car.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:18 AM   #7
HeatXfer
Not Erudite, just er

AMA #3295418

Motorcycles: '87 Paso 750. '07 KTM 990
Name: Chris
Coming late to this thread: I've got a '68 Bally's Safari - all electro-mechanical. Noisy, clanging, clunking - I love it. Bought it for about $260 in '89.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
- Isaac Asimov
HeatXfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:07 PM   #8
900ss
Veteran

Nice!
Old 07-17-2018, 07:50 AM   #9
EastBayDave
- Kawasaki Fanatic -

Founding Member
From the heart

Motorcycles: ZRX1200
Name: "Dave"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AKbUm8GrbM
Old 08-07-2018, 10:15 PM   #10
day004
Major PITA

AMA Life Member #538338
Contributor +++

Motorcycles: VFR1200f
Name: Dave
My friend Joe runs the Wine Chest in Pleasant HIll ,runs a rental company that has lots of PinBall machines. He may have some for sale.

Pain is inevitable, suffering is not.
day004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:38 AM   #11
tocino
Veteran

Motorcycles: bikeless *cry*
Name: Jeff
what's your budget and are you looking for something in HOU condition (home use only) or that used to be on a route? Also, servicing pinball machines yourself is a pain the @$$, especially the earlier mechnical ones. That's why i stuck with collecting just arcade machines. The novelty may run out eventually unless you get a pin that you've always wanted. Unfortunately some of the pins that i woulnd't mind having in my collection are way out of my price range due to collectability. One alternative that I used to see floating around was virtual pins where they used a larger lcd screen as the play field and a separate upright monitor to display the score/header. You could actually have multiple pinball games that way if you dont' mind the fact that it was all electronic
tocino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:54 AM   #12
wilit
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: '01 SV650 '01 WR250
Name: Ryan
A buddy of mine just told me about the virtual pin machines and I've been thinking of picking up a DIY kit. https://www.recroommasters.com/40-Vi...-xt-40-pin.htm

We did pick up an older EM machine from that sale I mentioned earlier. My son loves it, and currently I'm holding down the #1 score leader spot for all who have played it.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin
"Americans need never fear their government because of the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation." - James Madison
wilit is offline   Reply With Quote