Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Adventure Riding

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2018, 10:56 AM   #1
boney
Miles > Posts

AMA #2942928
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor
Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: Yes please!
Name: Tom
Confession of a Long Distance Ride(r)- Almost no pictures

I recently went to Colorado Springs for some combination work/play/healing and decided to ride there and back. Camping/hotelling and riding the miles. Often times I need a lot of hours in my helmet to clear away the distractions. And often times I get moving and I keep moving. For a few days... It's why there aren't a lot of pictures.

I have a few take-aways from this trip which I'll share at the end.

Day 1 was a 730-ish mile blast out of the North Bay to Maple Grove Campground. It's a nice NF Campground of about 15 sites and I imagine sees a lot of traffic, since there are numerous warnings about occupying your site and having someone there the first night. highway 50 never disappoints. I had a cup of coffee in Fernley, Breakfast in Austin and was 150 miles into Utah by 5:30 their time.

A creek running right next to my site drown the generators of the Mo-Hos, who were respectful with their use and shut them off nice and early.

I packed a small drone I bought in The Classifieds right here on BARF. Got a great deal and still have some learning to do.

Panorama of the valley Maple Grove is in- this is the stretch of 50 between Scipio and Salina (UT).

Maple Grove:

youtu.be/PLL7k5bfZ8s

Very few bugs, a nice spaghetti dinner and some time with a book rounded off the evening which cooled off, but never got cold.

Day 2 Shortly

Last edited by boney; 09-23-2018 at 07:33 AM..
boney is offline   Reply With Quote