Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Dirty BARFing

Old 12-30-2018, 08:39 AM   #1321
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Motorcycles: '18 Scorpa 300, '14 Gas Gas xc300r, '93 KTM 550 MXC, 2014 500 EXC
Name:
Get ready all you bay area trials' folks. Looks like there is still some possibility to run an event at Carnegie this year. Spoke to Jeremy about it when I was out yesterday and he was very supportive of the idea. Assuming it gets through the approval process (got canned last year due to much litigation against the park) we will run in November.

I also asked him about moving some stuff in the practice area and he is happy to. Likely we want to make some type of map (maybe just a marked up PDF of the obstacles) and he'll get a loader and operator there to work with us on it. Next time we're out there we should spend a few minutes on planning then we can make it happen. I know there are some cement blocks in the center area that are laid out the long ways and partially on top of each other. Exposure isn't too bad (4 ft or so) but if you want to put a foot out it's a long way down. If that was doubled up it would be more approachable.
elemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:46 AM   #1322
undertheoaks
When in doubt gas it!

Motorcycles: Honda ST1100
Name: El Sid
Good work Luke, the bay area deserves another trial, cowpile isn't enough for the amount of riders down here. I think we can blow this thing up, with food vendors, amusement rides and dancing clowns...lol. cant wait to get started.
undertheoaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:25 AM   #1323
onto1wheel
Riding All The Time

Motorcycles: kawi kawi yam yam beta honda honda
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemetal View Post
... but if you want to put a foot out it's a long way down. ..
I totally agree.
I think the parks could use a bit of guidance here, as I see alot of high-up skinny-line sections, or tall objects with nowhere to place a dab, which always make me cringe.

The safest way to progress to bigger stuff, (imo), is to make sure you have a place to put a foot down on those tall obstacles.

(BTW, Low to the ground skinnys are a great way to learn balance, but when they get way off the ground... watch out.)

(or maybe i'm just a biased puss, having had my ACL taken out by falling off a skinny and having the bike land on my calf just as my foot finally touched the ground)

I also agree that more bay area mototrials wold be great! It just might pull more of us out of hiding for a local trials or two!
Old 12-30-2018, 11:43 AM   #1324
Butch
poseur

AMA #: 1093637
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor ++
Barf Dirtbike Political Advocate

Motorcycles: ‘18 Alta EX006, ‘17 Alta MX019, 06R6, 05TM503 Black Dream, 01TM250 2T, 91ATK406
Name: Butch
Yuri from Metalmorphic was trying to upgrade the trials area at Carnegie. You guys know him?

https://www.metalmorphicfab.com
He’s pals with the Carnegie Forever folks.

Speaking of Carnegie, every obstacle the park encounters has Celeste Garamendi’s fingers on it. She has three (3) lawsuits challenging the expansion area development now. Surely she will come up with some more legislation, similar to AB1316 and SB249 that she was behind.

Terms of Service:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/info/tos.php

and get a dirtbike! preferably a 2 stroke... Or... Electric!
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:13 PM   #1325
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Name:
She's probably behind those new speed humps on Tesla rd too! Stupid part is, I get bounced less if I hit them at 40mph than if I slow to 25...
Old 12-30-2018, 03:16 PM   #1326
Butch
poseur

AMA #: 1093637
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor ++
Barf Dirtbike Political Advocate

Motorcycles: ‘18 Alta EX006, ‘17 Alta MX019, 06R6, 05TM503 Black Dream, 01TM250 2T, 91ATK406
Name: Butch
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemetal View Post
She's probably behind those new speed humps on Tesla rd too! Stupid part is, I get bounced less if I hit them at 40mph than if I slow to 25...
Those humps are hilarious! Are there eight of them?
Problem is if some moron in front of you thinks they have to slow to 5 mph...

Then the residents get to breathe brake dust, tire rubber and burnt fuel...

Brilliant.

Terms of Service:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/info/tos.php

and get a dirtbike! preferably a 2 stroke... Or... Electric!
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:27 AM   #1327
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Name:
Well that was a bunch of fun yesterday. What did we have, 12 riders? Nice to be able to ride around with a few exp/mas guys and see what they do; Adrian has a really quick throttle blip I'm totally envious of. He'd hit the slippery logs with gas at take off then almost drop the rpms to zero by the time he got to the top; mine would still be enough to spin the rear on top. No idea how he did that but something I'm going to work on. Maybe some rear brake?

See you next weekend at the banquet, will be going to the organizers' meeting at 5 to see what that is all about. Too bad PC is closed but at least I'll be clean for the dinner....
Old 01-13-2019, 09:14 AM   #1328
The Toe Cutter
Veteran

Founding Member

Motorcycles: small one
Name:
Late notice I know but I will be at Carnegie riding trails in the morning and big bike in the afternoon if anyone else plans on going out there.
The Toe Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:27 AM   #1329
undertheoaks
When in doubt gas it!

Yeah great ride, sorry you weren't there Mark we missed you. Good sections I feel pretty good about going up to advanced class this year, but still kind of scary. Paul called me and asked if we can lock in that date we have for the Carnagie trial for insurance reasons. Will see you guys this weekend at the banquet.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:26 AM   #1330
The Toe Cutter
Veteran

Founding Member

Motorcycles: small one
Name:
ADV B will be a huge class this year! Unfortunately I won't be able to make the banquet. I do have Monday off though, are you guys riding on MLK?

Might depend on how much rain we get Sunday night
The Toe Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:53 PM   #1331
undertheoaks
When in doubt gas it!

Not riding on MLK day Mark, but probably the following weekend not sure where yet proabaly Carnagie if Francescas reg comes in by then otherwise up to Copper. A class will be fun, looking forward to it. Dave the a class winner this year and Scott Grossman and Philip are all jumping to expert. Organizers meeting was no biggie went over rules and guidelines talked about gates and setup.Jeff and I were both there so we have the booklet ill.make a copier or two.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:06 AM   #1332
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Name:
You mean Scott Grosser, right? He just jumped to ADV last summer...It will still be a big class I'm thinking, easier to hide in....
Get me a copy when you can, no real hurry. Hopefully ride Carnegie next weekend, in the middle of some mods to my big bike and would love to try them out (fork re-valve) and look for new sections on the West end, we may need it!
Old 01-22-2019, 07:46 AM   #1333
undertheoaks
When in doubt gas it!

Yes Scott Grosser, Carnagie depends on whether Francesca gets her reg now. I'll get mine on Thursday hopefully fingers crossed, otherwise Rocky Ranch it is. I'll swing by your shop to make some copies this Thur or Fri as I'm off all week, gotta test the new bar risers on the big trailie !
Old 01-22-2019, 08:19 AM   #1334
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Name:
Quote:
big trailie
Huh? Do tell.....
Old 01-22-2019, 11:45 PM   #1335
undertheoaks
When in doubt gas it!

Euros call bikes like the tenere and gs big trailies as in "trail bikes"......lol.