Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > General

Old 09-02-2017, 02:43 PM   #16
Blankpage
alien

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: Once In a While
Name: Ay Caramba
I buy a Porsche 911 Turbo from my settlement. And maybe a Super Duke GT.
Blankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:33 PM   #17
FreeRyde
The Curmudgeon

Contributor +
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: Connie da Best!
Name:
When ever I come to a stop, I am always looking in the rear view for shit like this. When one rides like an asshat, it is important to observe the surroundings.

I too would have been outa there the second his door opened up.

If I had not noticed him until he was next to me with a gun drawn, I would have been outa there instantly... Fooks dat shit.
Unsympathetic Dick
FreeRyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:42 AM   #18
Marcoose
50-50

AMA #: 2818042
Contributor +

Motorcycles: '03 CBR954RR-ish
Name: Marc
Scary. I'd like to see more footage, from before and after.

If this turns into a settlement, it'll be yet another one paid by tax payers. That irks me too.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:45 AM   #19
Marcoose
50-50

AMA #: 2818042
Contributor +

Motorcycles: '03 CBR954RR-ish
Name: Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRich View Post
What part of the world did that happen in?
KIRO 7's website says it's based in Seattle.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:18 AM   #20
Entoptic
Red Power!

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR
Name:
Pretty clear that cop hasn't had any gun training. Who the fuck walks up to someone with a ranged weapon?

Biker is about to get paid. Did anyone notice how that cop put his body in the guns line of fire several times? Then he reaches into the guys pocket while holding the gun. Can't make this shit up.

Last edited by Entoptic; 09-03-2017 at 08:20 AM..
Entoptic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:40 AM   #21
Gravisman
Rookie

Motorcycles: ZX-6R RSV4
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pking View Post
But again....what led up to that event? Although way out of line, police dude seems to be "responding" to something the biker did previously. Is there a full version of the vid out there or did the biker pick and choose what HE wanted the public to see?
Read a really interesting study once (no I don't have the citation) about predicting police use of unnecessary force - specifically with guns. The study found that there was a huge spike in the likelihood that that a cop would use his gun in the 24-72 hours after handling particular types of cases like bad domestic abuse or child shootings.

My first thought was less about what the biker had done (I'm guessing probably speeding and maybe some traffic weaving, but whatev) and more about why was the cop so on edge? I'd be willing to bet there was something going on in his life before seeing that biker.

But that's what you have to be careful of when you give certain people tons of power and violent authority.
Gravisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:06 AM   #22
Lunch Box
Useful idiot

Contributor ++++++

Motorcycles: Dino and electron. Street and dirt.
Name: Aaron
What a psycho. Unless the motorcyclist was fleeing an injury/fatality hit and run I don't see any possible reason for the officer to have his gun drawn, let alone pointed at the rider. I'm really starting to wonder how some of these departments screen potential and existing officers.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:36 PM   #23
GAJ
Veteran

Motorcycles: DRZ400SM, F800ST
Name: Geoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch Box View Post
What a psycho. Unless the motorcyclist was fleeing an injury/fatality hit and run I don't see any possible reason for the officer to have his gun drawn, let alone pointed at the rider. I'm really starting to wonder how some of these departments screen potential and existing officers.
I'm guessing he's still getting paid.

"A veteran detective with the King County Sheriff’s Department in Washington has been suspended after a helmet-cam video surfaced showing a detective pointing a gun and grabbing a motorcyclist during what looked like a routine traffic stop."

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2017...list-gunpoint/
GAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 01:29 PM   #24
rsrider
47% parasite 53% ahole

Motorcycles: 2014 Ducati Monster 796 ABS -- 2012 Ninjette -- 2001 Triumph Sprint RS -- 2013 Vespa GTS Super
Name: Toast
Det. Richard Rowe
Alias: Psycho Rowe

Still getting paid!
Old 09-03-2017, 01:39 PM   #25
HadesOmega
Veteran

Barfie Winner 2017

Motorcycles: Empulse TT, ZR7, DR650, KLR650, 750 Turbo, Warrior 350, KLX140L
Name: Merlin
Wow there's no reason to draw on them, what are you going to do shoot an unarmed person, that's not proper rules of engagement or escalation of force at least from what I was taught in the army. He should be flashing his badge not his gun. This is definitely a road rage case.

That could have gone bad for the detective too if I was carrying and I saw someone draw on me and not identify them self with law enforcement I would have drawn and fired on the officer. He was in plain clothes too. I would have been justified in opening fire because my life was in danger.

Also it totally looks like the rider didn't notice the man was there.

Last edited by HadesOmega; 09-03-2017 at 01:50 PM..
HadesOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:41 PM   #26
FreeRyde
The Curmudgeon

Contributor +
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: Connie da Best!
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HadesOmega View Post

if I was carrying and I saw someone draw on me and not identify them self with law enforcement I would have drawn and fired on the officer.
I'd like to see you draw your concealed weapon with gloves on, under your jacket, in less than 2 seconds.
Think before you speak.
Unsympathetic Dick
FreeRyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:54 PM   #27
EastBayDave
- Kawasaki Fanatic -

Founding Member
From the heart

Motorcycles: ZRX1200
Name: "Dave"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-EOg38t1o
Old 09-03-2017, 04:06 PM   #28
Hoppalong
Veteran

Motorcycles: hare and hound, enduro, adventure
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HadesOmega View Post

Also it totally looks like the rider didn't notice the man was there.
I read a couple of other articles from local news outlets: The detective stopped behind the rider and then snuck up to the rider.

Also, the rider spent 2, 3 weeks trying get the local oversight committees and such to take a look. It seems like it wasn't until the video went public that the local authorities decided they couldn't ignore it anymore: only now is the sheriff looking into it and apologizing. (To save his own job?)

The rider was not arrested at the time nor even cited. The detective officially labeled it as a simple traffic stop. No mention that he drew his gun on a person.

And it really makes me wonder what the detective has done in the past when there was no video recording going on, or what he might do next time he gets mad in traffic. Cut him off: BANG your dead. They "find" illegal drugs and a stolen gun next to you.

How easy would it be to cover up something like that: "If he'd only kept his hands on the bars like I yelled at him, I wouldn't have had to shoot him."
Hoppalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:49 PM   #29
clutchslip
On a break

AMA #: 400179
Contributor ++xoxox++BB++++++!

Motorcycles: Ones faster than I can ride them.
Name: Skippy Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRyde View Post
When ever I come to a stop, I am always looking in the rear view for shit like this. When one rides like an asshat, it is important to observe the surroundings.

I too would have been outa there the second his door opened up.

If I had not noticed him until he was next to me with a gun drawn, I would have been outa there instantly... Fooks dat shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRyde View Post
I'd like to see you draw your concealed weapon with gloves on, under your jacket, in less than 2 seconds.
Think before you speak.
Heed your own words. You are always looking for people with guns coming after you? Bizarre. I bet the rider looked in his mirror, saw the car stop behind, relaxed and sat up. BFD. People ragging on the rider are off target, imo.

You couldn't go anywhere before getting shot, unless you are some kind of Houdini bike riding guy. Thus the play is to assume this person won't shoot when you move. Is that a sound plan?
clutchslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:02 PM   #30
Entoptic
Red Power!

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR
Name:
It could have ended like this.

youtu.be/jjCdLd8XciY