Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > General

Old 10-09-2017, 02:19 PM   #61
Marcoose
50-50

AMA #: 2818042
Contributor +

Motorcycles: '03 CBR954RR-ish
Name: Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRyde View Post
If someone broke down my front door at 1:40am I would probably shoot as well. But apparently you'd welcome them in with open arms, maybe a cup of milky tea?
My bad, Grant. I forgot you're stick is to twist words to fit your narrative. Sorry.

Nothing else to say.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:41 PM   #62
DucatiHoney
Ride only user

AMA #: 1028914
BARF Admin
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor +

Motorcycles: 1994 M900 Ducati
Name: Heather
Weird...I have no idea what I'd do in that situation. I guess I'd have a better idea if I'd been running over grandmas and little dogs or if I'd just been kinda riding a little faster than I should have. In either case, I doubt I'd be ready for Itchy McTriggerson to get out of his car and pull a gun on me. It kinda wigs me out just to have someone walk up to the bike. It hasn't happened to me but once or twice, but both times I didn't feel like it was going to end well. The light turned I think and I just rode off before it became an issue, but I was agitated. Now when someone starts heading my direction, I scoot along brisk-like. But that nearly bit me in the ass once too--I pulled out in front of a car, because I was focused on some mean/crazy-looking dude headed my way. I think it was a four-way stop, so no one was going fast, but it was still poor judgment fueled, fairly, by fear. Most of the time, if I'm lucky, I'm thinking about where I'm going, maybe being safe, maybe not being a jerk...I'm definitely not all ready to get DieHard on someone. The probably with being ready to kick-ass is you kinda need to be ready to go without fully knowing the situation, like being at bat. You swing before the ball gets there. It could be someone asking for help or it could be this cop.

s h e l t e r w e r k architecture.design
live::::work::::motorcycles
DucatiHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:48 PM   #63
bojangle
FN # 40

BARF Moderator
Contributor

Motorcycles: Kawasaki Versys 1000LT, Prior: Honda 600RR Graffiti, Kawi 650R
Name: Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reli View Post
Real smoking gun stuff there.

I use micro agressive trigger words.

""This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me... facing the enemy." Author Unknown "
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #64
Blankpage
alien

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: Once In a While
Name: Ay Caramba
Yeah that article could be presentable evidence for his defence team. Tailgating and making a mom feel bad are the worst they can come up with.
Blankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #65
Reli
Veteran

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: motorcycles
Name: reli
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangle View Post
Real smoking gun stuff there.
Maybe, but shows he's a douchebag IMO

The type that police "personality assessments" are supposed to screen out
Reli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:02 PM   #66
bojangle
FN # 40

BARF Moderator
Contributor

Motorcycles: Kawasaki Versys 1000LT, Prior: Honda 600RR Graffiti, Kawi 650R
Name: Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reli View Post
Maybe, but shows he's a douchebag IMO

The type that police "personality assessments" are supposed to screen out
Possibly. They seemed like nothing complaints though.

Tailgating? Could be a bit "aggressive". Could be that he needs glasses and was just getting close to read the plate.

I use micro agressive trigger words.

""This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me... facing the enemy." Author Unknown "
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:21 PM   #67
Reli
Veteran

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: motorcycles
Name: reli
Driving on duty without his corrective lenses?
Reli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:08 PM   #68
Karbon
Hyper hoñorary

Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: superchicken, BRP SM, ninja 650R
Name:
That cop is a piece of shit. Toss him into the sun.
Karbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:26 PM   #69
antidote
Veteran

1% Contributor x 2

Motorcycles: .
Name:
House does not equal random street robbery.

Even still, no material possession is worth dying over.

Physical well being, yes, fight for that. Just having a weapon brandished towards you is not actually a physical attack requiring Defcon 5 response, though.

There are firearms here, but if someone busted through the front room window RIGHT NOW, I wouldn't have time to get them on point. So. I suppose that's my bad for not walking around my house with a shotgun slung upon my shoulder.

Maybe I'm just lucky. Maybe I'm just dumb.

There were some random people walking around my backyard a year ago. I had phone ready to go 911. And I confronted them, unarmed. Turns out they had found a spam online posting about the property being for rent, which it wasn't. Also meant they were not total shitheads looking to steal stuff. I wonder how it would have played out if they were. I also wonder how it would have played out if I came out with a firearm.

Almost like there is really no good solution except the one we build with 20/20 hindsight, when it comes to deadly force, in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangle View Post
Possibly. They seemed like nothing complaints though.

Tailgating? Could be a bit "aggressive". Could be that he needs glasses and was just getting close to read the plate.
Come on man. Complaints ARE complaints. Wtf.."like nothing complaints." What, you need detailed criminal reports to find fault here? The supervisors killed the complaints before they could become reports. Counseling provided...went over agency policy again...non investigative matter...these were what the supervisors did to correct behavior. You and I know these terms are more accurately: eh fuck it, we gotta write something to keep the union happy, so whatever.

How many people bother with chancing additional horrible police contact to jump through the myriad hoops to file a complaint? I'm gonna go with not many. It's like yelp or Amazon reviews.

His supervisors swept stuff under the rug. You know some of your co-workers are idiots. You don't need to defend this guy. He pisses on the thin blue line every day with public interactions like this. He is why people hate police these days. He isn't a member of the brotherhood.

Last edited by antidote; 10-09-2017 at 11:36 PM..
antidote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:18 AM   #70
Pushrod
Veteran

Motorcycles: VTR, R100RS,CB500
Name:
"His supervisors swept stuff under the rug."

Endemic across the police forces in this country and why patrol officers feel empowered to be arrogant when interacting with the public at large. (And arrogantly discharge a sidearm.)

When the 'brotherhood' confronts and outs these jerks only then will the tide of public opinion start to turn. Until then I carry my attorney's card in my wallet and go fifth amendment when "interacting" with a cop.

I miss the days when Catholic priests and police officers could be trusted blindly.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #71
Climber
Veteran

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Motorcycles: 01 Goldwing GL1800
Name: Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by antidote View Post
Come on man. Complaints ARE complaints. Wtf.."like nothing complaints." What, you need detailed criminal reports to find fault here? The supervisors killed the complaints before they could become reports. Counseling provided...went over agency policy again...non investigative matter...these were what the supervisors did to correct behavior. You and I know these terms are more accurately: eh fuck it, we gotta write something to keep the union happy, so whatever.

How many people bother with chancing additional horrible police contact to jump through the myriad hoops to file a complaint? I'm gonna go with not many. It's like yelp or Amazon reviews.

His supervisors swept stuff under the rug. You know some of your co-workers are idiots. You don't need to defend this guy. He pisses on the thin blue line every day with public interactions like this. He is why people hate police these days. He isn't a member of the brotherhood.
In his defense, citizens file complaints against cops, parking enforcement, code enforcement all the time.

They often exaggerate things to varying degrees ranging from heavily slanted to outright fabrications. Every police department has this happen, so a complaint here or there is taken with a grain of salt unless the number exceeds a reasonable threshold.

If these complaints are the best that they could come up with, then they don't carry as much weight as you or others who aren't aware of the complaint against Law Enforcement phenomenon think they should.
Got tired of the CHP-funded P.O.S. incident page and made my own for motorcycles in the Bay area and surrounding zones: Bay Area CHP Motorcycle Incidents **NOTE** I added Sacramento, Monterey and San Luis Obisbo on 4/22/2018.

The GOP slogan should be changed to Do As I Say, Not As I Do.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:08 AM   #72
FreeRyde
The Curmudgeon

Contributor +
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: Connie da Best!
Name:
Oakland Police receive over 1,200 complaints a year.
Before we jump on the band wagon of "INVESTIGATE THEM ALL"
Do you want your taxes to jump every year to fund said investigations?

Remember, cranksters file complaints for "use of force" after they are released from jail. Often they were so wrect at the time of the arrest they don't even remember anything, all they know is they hurt.

I'm not saying that there are not crooked cops out there (like the guy we are talking about), but I know for a fact that there are thousands of good, moral cops out in the world that get thousands of complaints every year...
Unsympathetic Dick
FreeRyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:43 PM   #73
nbean16
The Art of Seduction

Contributor

Motorcycles: 2007 Honda CBR600RR, 2000 Yamaha YZF-600R (sold)
Name: Nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by antidote View Post

Yeah I dont agree with what this detective did, but you are incredibly wrong about complaints. Im not sure theres an officer in existence without complaints. Citizens do this all the time and many are baseless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Yes, the world will slowly learn that which every black man knows from an early age: literally every cop in America is a raging asshole.
Every person on barf is now dumber for having read this. Its weird, theres actually quite a few black officers. Odd.

Last edited by nbean16; 10-10-2017 at 10:44 PM..
nbean16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:25 AM   #74
antidote
Veteran

1% Contributor x 2

Motorcycles: .
Name:
Lol. So 4 complaints a day are too much to handle in an agency of well over 1000 personnel? I don't expect a yyyeeeaaaaaaahhh CSI case on each...

But...

I'm feel, when multiple of the same style complaints come in against the same officer..Probably needs more than "welp we gave him a talkin to..so..stfu citizen."

It's clear none of the supervisors cared about correcting anything, here.

This officer is going to murder someone one day. His report will be written to justify it, of course, that's the easy part. Just because some sergeants wanted to collect rather than earn their paycheck.
antidote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:58 AM   #75
psychocandy
wrecker

Motorcycles: '71CB500, '60Vespa, '65Lambretta, '95FZR600, '02SV650s, '00KTMLC4, '05SV650N, '06 DRZ400sm
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRyde View Post
You'd let someone take all yer sh!t without fighting back?
But if the intruder went after your wife it's game on?
Even if I didn't have comprehensive insurance, if it's a choice btw living another day and a bike, I'll gladly live another day. I'm sure your loved ones would be glad to know you'd rather get shot playing internet tuff guy over a pile of plastic, metal, & gas than come home to take care if them.

Also, there's no fucking "slippery slope." There's the point at which you"d rather live & don't care. And the point where it makes sense to risk your life. That point is wherever someone wants it to be.

Just keep this in mind, even shittiest life insurance policy pays out more than the cost of a bike. So, if you think it makes more sense to get in a gun fight over a bike... I guess your life is worth less than even Met Life calculates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoose View Post
Yes and yes. I have insurance, and absolutely nothing is worth ruining my life over, except my wife's well-being. And knowing the good shooter, trigger-happy, piece-of-work I've married, I'll be the least of the intruder's worries.
:Thumbsup
I just don't brag about it.
psychocandy is offline   Reply With Quote