Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > General

Old 10-11-2017, 07:13 AM   #76
psychocandy
wrecker

Motorcycles: '71CB500, '60Vespa, '65Lambretta, '95FZR600, '02SV650s, '00KTMLC4, '05SV650N, '06 DRZ400sm
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRyde View Post
Oakland Police receive over 1,200 complaints a year.
Before we jump on the band wagon of "INVESTIGATE THEM ALL"
Do you want your taxes to jump every year to fund said investigations?
I forget what the new numbers are, but I remember a couple years ago OPD was asking for more cops 'cuz we had only 850 or so?

OH MY GOD! 1.5 complaints per cop per year! What a fucking avalanche! How can we possibly deal with that insurmountable mountain?!?!

Save it dude. 1200? Like another poster said, another way to look at it is less than 4 per day. Probably not every complaint needs a full on investigation. But if an LEO agency can't figure out a way to assess that few complaints & address concerns, they are failing to serve the community.
I just don't brag about it.
psychocandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:58 PM   #77
2strokeYardSale
Moab on my mind

Contributor +

Motorcycles: shouldn't have cams!
Name: Yard Sale
King County Sheriff’s Office to pay motorcyclist held at gunpoint $65,000, plus change use-of-force rules

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...f-force-rules/

(Link behind paywall; suggest Incognito.)
Old 12-15-2018, 12:41 PM   #78
ejv
Untitled work in progress

Motorcycles: Tuono
Name:
Interesting video in the link. Longer version than what I had seen. His comments at the end are also interesting.
ejv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 05:35 PM   #79
NeilInPacifica
Veteran

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: 2017 FZ-09 2016 12GS, 2015 Versys 650
Name: Neil

youtu.be/R9UslSaxjYI

Followup video from the rider. Lot's of details on the legal aftermath. Turns out pointing a gun at a civilian was not considered "use of force" in that jurisdiction, now it is.
NeilInPacifica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:51 AM   #80
mosquito
Above all I like to play.

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: 91GSF400
Name: IamTheBug!
Wow. I think I don't want to be in Washington.

[QUOTE=crick;8895072]... i want a freak rain storm to test my crotch too ...[/QUOTE][QUOTE]Air Patrol 51A: "Holy Captain Kirk motorcycle passing Prius heading up hill"[/QUOTE][SIZE="2"][B][I][COLOR="DarkRed"]ˇˇˇPowah[/COLOR] to the [COLOR="Navy"]Posters!!![/COLOR][/I][/B][/SIZE]
mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:47 AM   #81
Cornfish
Veteran

AMA #3288739
3% Contributor

Motorcycles: 2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100 S, 2016 KTM 250 XC-F
Name:
Absolutely nuts that KCSD has not had pointing a weapon as use of force until now. Obviously an LEO operates under completely different parameters than private citizens, but if you have a concealed carry permit, try printing or brandishing your weapon and see where that gets you. Good for Randall and his attorney.
Cornfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:02 PM   #82
Lawnerd
Rookie

Motorcycles: Ducati
Name:
Bottom line: this piece of shit officer needs to be fired immediately.

Anything less is unacceptable.
Lawnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:23 PM   #83
2strokeYardSale
Moab on my mind

Contributor +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnerd View Post
Bottom line: this piece of shit officer needs to be fired immediately.

Anything less is unacceptable.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:03 AM   #84
Climber
Veteran

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Motorcycles: 01 Goldwing GL1800
Name: Brett
That officer was out of line and should be fired and never be allowed to own or carry a gun for the rest of his life.

Where I grew up, you didn't EVER point a loaded gun towards somebody unless the situation required it. Ever.
Got tired of the CHP-funded P.O.S. incident page and made my own for motorcycles in the Bay area and surrounding zones: Bay Area CHP Motorcycle Incidents **NOTE** I added Sacramento, Monterey and San Luis Obisbo on 4/22/2018.

The GOP slogan should be changed to Do As I Say, Not As I Do.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:09 PM   #85
LikeWaah
Veteran

AMA #: 2816814

Motorcycles: 2005 SV650s
Name:
Quote:
However, he was exonerated of using excessive force, in part, because King County Sheriff’s Office policies did not define pointing a gun at a citizen as a use of force.

Randall’s attorney, Christopher Carney, said the policy lapse was based on the department’s misunderstanding of the law.

Carney said Rowe told internal investigators that he had pointed his gun multiples times at citizens throughout the years without ever reporting his actions to supervisors.

“This significant flaw in the Sheriff’s policies is highly problematic because it fails to inform officers that they must have a lawful basis to point a gun at a citizen, and also because it fails to create supervisory review of pointing a gun as is required for all other uses of force,” Carney said.
You've got to be kidding me right? That is some major bullshit.

I'm pretty furious that the rider was held up at gunpoint for something that the officer didn't even write him up for. If it's bad enough that you need to get ready to use lethal force, it's bad enough to book him. If you aren't booking him, it clearly wasn't serious enough to warrant aiming a gun at him.
LikeWaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:02 PM   #86
renxianqiclone
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2011 s1000rr, 2005 R1, 1998 R6 (RIP), 2007 Ninja 250 (for sale but keys missing)
Name: Yuanliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRyde View Post
This is the slippery slope that we are faced with.

Not so distant in our nations past we were able to protect ourselves and our property with deadly force. Now the underlying liberal'ish thought process is "I have insurance, what does it matter if they take my _____"

Well guess what guys (and girls), not everyone can afford premium insurance. Some folks work hundreds of hours of OT to move up in the socioeconomic ladder, and part of that is obtaining nicer things than they can really afford.

At what point would you say "Oh he has a gun, I will just let him come into my house and pilfer my goods"... You can argue that house and motorcycle are completely different, but it's the same underlying principle.

This line of thinking is what empowers the thugs here in California to keep attacking and robbing victims while our justice system just gives them a slap on the wrist on the incredibly rare occasion thugs get apprehended. Proposition 47 just emboldened these shitstains to hurt me and my family more while LE nor the insurance companies did diddly squat to alleviate the damage and trauma the bastards inflicted upon us. Why did Sacramento become so criminal friendly? With so many voters victimized by these thugs, you'd think the guys up in Sac would nail these fuckers to the wall and try to get reelected on this platform alone.

Last edited by renxianqiclone; 01-17-2019 at 03:25 PM..
renxianqiclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:05 PM   #87
Lawnerd
Rookie

Motorcycles: Ducati
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokeYardSale View Post
Yea. You'd laugh like that if you were the one with the gun pointed at you.

Am I FUCKING wrong! You think this asshat clown should be out there with a gun and a badge?

Well good for you fuckface.
Lawnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:20 AM   #88
2strokeYardSale
Moab on my mind

Contributor +

What I did with a bunch of guns pointed at me, and later a single cop gun pointed at me, is documented elsewhere here on BARF. The laughing is not directed at the victim on the bike or the attacker with the gun, but you.

There's no right or wrong with an opinion on what should happen in your perfect world. But you don't run the world and you don't run the King Country Sheriff's Office.

The incident occurred in August of 2017. The lawsuit was settled in December of 2018. The "asshat clown" you described was not fired and still works as a cop with a gun and badge. Thus, the laughing at your ignorance.

What I think should happen is just another worthless opinion. I don't live there so it's not something I'm going to make happen.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:23 AM   #89
Junkie
re-tarded

Contributor + 3%

Motorcycles: SV1000,WR450tards(03FS), YZ426tard,NC700X
Name: Daniel
I don't remember something happening that recently, have a link?
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:54 PM   #90
Chill
Je Suis BARF

AMA #: 2815984
BARF Moderator
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor +++++++
Toilet Paper Warrior

Motorcycles: Tuono
Name: Christian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnerd View Post
*edit (really??)
I bet there is another way to get your point across. As a mater of fact, I know there is. Mods discussed and voted, you are suspended for violating TOS 4.1, being disrespectful to another member.

Rally Threads!

Not my time… this time - Moments in time and chance
Be a BARF Contributor
Work on your bike, damnit.

"Someone once told me that it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow. What a moron." - ilikemotorcycle

"So stop shitting in the hot tub. And stop complaining that you can't shit in the hot tub." - Charles R

BARF Terms of Service

Last edited by Chill; 01-18-2019 at 12:55 PM..
Chill is offline   Reply With Quote