Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Adventure Riding

Old 09-28-2018, 07:57 PM   #16
SFSig
Dookie

Contributor

Motorcycles: 2017 690 enduroR, 2014 Hypermotard 821sp
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
the problem is my lack of dirt experience, so I need to at least do some dirt riding soon
Iím down to ride too. Pretty much a noob in the dirt too but loving it. Took a Garrahan course which helped a lot. Looking to do another one. Anyway... Letís ride!
Old 10-18-2018, 01:25 PM   #17
Berg

Motorcycles: Dr650 Tw200 WR250R
Name:
Is the registration closed? I am happy to do all I can to "catch up"
Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:10 PM   #18
Norcalslowpoke
Veteran

Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi V7 Sport clone, Beta 520rs
Name:
Hey Berg

Ride is pretty full at this point. Have you ridden with anyone in the group? Wed was the "cut off" for new riders, but reach out to CJ (OaklandF4i) to discuss.

If you were planning on bringing the TW200...I'd say the ride is definitely full

Cheers Scott
Old 10-19-2018, 06:06 PM   #19
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna CR390, ST1100 and couple more...
Name: CJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalslowpoke View Post
Hey Berg

Ride is pretty full at this point. Have you ridden with anyone in the group? Wed was the "cut off" for new riders, but reach out to CJ (OaklandF4i) to discuss.

If you were planning on bringing the TW200...I'd say the ride is definitely full

Cheers Scott
Yes, ride is now closed to new to the group riders for this year.

If you think me being naked is offensive, dont look!

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

'Cycles is a mean toy lady" Big Halsy
OaklandF4i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:45 PM   #20
Guoseph
Veteran

Contributor +1%
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: Husqvarna 701E, KTM 250 EXC, Beta Techno 250
Name: Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandF4i View Post
Yes, ride is now closed to new to the group riders for this year.
Sadface
Guoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:27 AM   #21
WFO
When in doubt, gas it!

Motorcycles: '12 Ducati Multi, '10 KTM 690 Enduro R, '10 Husaberg FE570, '04 WR450
Name: Gerhard
I'm getting my 690 sorted. I'd like to do a shake-down run after it rains from 220 Alta St, Gonzales, CA 93926 to 46330 W Panoche Rd, Firebaugh, CA 93622 via a buncha dirt roads (and some pavement) that crosses the Diablo Range. It will be an out and back with plenty of bail-out routes. It will take all day but shouldn't go overnight unless something goes terribly wrong. Without any detours, it's a bit over 100 miles one way.

The route looks like this:

As many can attest, it's a good dual-sport ride with incredible scenery - a ride through the boonies with civilization at either end.

I'll start a new thread if there's any interest. There are govt. permits involved to keep it legal, (if you're into obeying the law) but they're cheap and easy to come by.

I need a co-driver for Baja as well.
WFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:27 AM   #22
stangz
Veteran

Contributor +++++++

Motorcycles: CRF250X, DRZ400S
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFO View Post
I'm getting my 690 sorted. I'd like to do a shake-down run after it rains from 220 Alta St, Gonzales, CA 93926 to 46330 W Panoche Rd, Firebaugh, CA 93622 via a buncha dirt roads (and some pavement) that crosses the Diablo Range. It will be an out and back with plenty of bail-out routes. It will take all day but shouldn't go overnight unless something goes terribly wrong. Without any detours, it's a bit over 100 miles one way.

As many can attest, it's a good dual-sport ride with incredible scenery - a ride through the boonies with civilization at either end.

I'll start a new thread if there's any interest. There are govt. permits involved to keep it legal, (if you're into obeying the law) but they're cheap and easy to come by.

I'm interested in the ride. It looks fun. When were you thinking of doing it?
stangz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:08 PM   #23
WFO
When in doubt, gas it!

Motorcycles: '12 Ducati Multi, '10 KTM 690 Enduro R, '10 Husaberg FE570, '04 WR450
Who knows? After it rains. The second weekend in November perhaps?
Old 10-21-2018, 06:20 PM   #24
Berg

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalslowpoke View Post
Hey Berg

Cheers Scott
No worries.I realize I was last to the game. I am not sure if I have ridden as I don't know names/screen names. Odd or I have. No defiantly not taking the TW. I have a DR650, WR250R and YZ250 so I have a few options. Catch you all next year!
Old 10-21-2018, 06:31 PM   #25
Berg

Name:
Quote:

I would be interested in doing this one. I am not going on the Baja ride but perhaps this would be a good way to meet a few of the ppl the people are. If joining is cool will you post the ride on one of the forums?
Old 10-22-2018, 03:56 AM   #26
WFO
When in doubt, gas it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berg View Post
If joining is cool will you post the ride on one of the forums?
Yes
Old 10-22-2018, 07:06 AM   #27
Junkie
re-tarded

Contributor + 3%

Motorcycles: SV1000,WR450tards(03FS), YZ426tard,NC700X
Name: Daniel
How difficult is the part through Clear Creek? I've only tried to go through once, 5+ years ago, and turned around when I found a locked gate (was by myself).

it looks like google maps doesn't consider the water crossing on Old Hernandez to be a road, so it's a 2 part link https://goo.gl/maps/BQJnjBv2kXN2
https://goo.gl/maps/kZWXce1uoF72

that look right?
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #28
thedub
Octane Socks

AMA #: 2952025

Motorcycles: R6, KTM 300, Tiger 800, KTM 500
Name: Wiles
Quote:
I think you should increase the mileage by at least 50% and make it an overnight two-day ride.
AFM #77
Thanks for the support;
Dunlop|Sidi|Motion Pro|C@TT|Vortex|Shoei
thedub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:54 AM   #29
WFO
When in doubt, gas it!

Clear Creek is easy if you stay on the main road.

There's a river crossing on Old Hernandez that has swallowed people up before; hence, the closure. We should be able to ride through it. If not, we double back and go down Highway 25 to Coalinga Rd.

You can make this ride as long as you want. My range is close to 200 miles. Personally, I don't want to make this more than a day's ride.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:51 PM   #30
rebekahlynn
racer x

AMA #2956245
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor + + + + + +
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: fun ones
Name: rlb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guoseph View Post