Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > General

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 07:19 AM   #1
Enchanter
Ghost in The Machine

AMA #: 2815246
BARF Admin
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2007, 2010, 2014, 2017
Contributor ++++++++++

Motorcycles: Attack™-ed R1 & hybrid S1000rr
Name:
Do you have a Sbcglobal, Pacbell, ATT, or AOL email? Read this.

Here is why:
Many years ago those providers (I think they are under one entity now) stopped delivering BARF emails to their users. Our emails are not placed into the users junk / spam folders. They never see the email.

What this means to current BARFers:
Current users with Sbcglobal, Pacbell, ATT,and AOL: emails never receive emails from BARF. No subscription notification, no PM notification, nothing (Admin emails appear to be sent differently and may not be affected).

Forgot your password? Users with Sbcglobal, Pacbell, ATT, and AOL emails will not receive a password reminder / reset email.

Want to change your email address? You will need to change it to a different email provider. For all the reasons above, we will not allow users to update their email to a Sbcglobal, Pacbell, ATT, and AOL address.

What this means to new users:
During the registration process you will receive a notification pop-up that says that their email is banned. They may assume it is their specific personal email not their provider. I suppose that some people give up and never register, some people email us asking for help. We reply with an explanation, and most just use a different email address, older guys reply with "I only have one email address and don't want to pay for another" and give up.

Please pass this on to your friends.

I didn't even know that AOL emails were still a thing.

Open thread for comments: http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums...d.php?t=531357

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataDan View Post
Be resilient. After an unpleasant surprise or close call, get your head back in the game quickly. Learn whatever lesson you can and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal03 View Post
The panties. Unbunch them.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation tends to be the right one.
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

BARF Terms of Service
Closed Thread