Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Adventure Riding

Old 01-11-2019, 03:56 AM   #1
HadesOmega
Veteran

Barfie Winner 2017

Motorcycles: Empulse TT, ZR7, DR650, KLR650, 750 Turbo, Warrior 350, KLX140L
Name: Merlin
Adventure Sidecar

So I've always wanted to ride a sidecar and do adventure riding with one. I love riding quads and I can ride the piss out of a quad but there's no such thing as a dual sport quad yet. So I guess the next best thing is a SIDECAR! I've seen many sidecar rigs on craigslist like KLR650, DR650, Ural, etc... and always wonder man I can bring so much extra shiz with that sidecar haha.

I'd love to try it out sometime but no garage space for that badboy. Maybe I could rent one sometime.

youtu.be/fKiFeJQwUmE
HadesOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:36 AM   #2
m0t0_ryder
RYD!

Contributor +

Motorcycles: Big to small. I like 'em all. 950ADVS-450EXC-R100GS-TW200-YW50P-XR600-Z1-ST90-model165Hummer
Name: John
ends with...

"Give it a try. It's not gonna hurt. Hopefully".

I too have been intrigued and very interested in sidecars.
Hope to own one some day.

I do like the idea of BMW driven and his setup from DMC Sidecars is killer and I'm sure came with a $$$$$ price tag.

I've thought about seeking a hack for my '88 R100GS.
Looks like I could get The Expedition from DMC Sidecars for from $8400 to over $10,000.

HmmmmmÖ..
m0t0_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:56 AM   #3
m0t0_ryder
RYD!

Contributor +

Motorcycles: Big to small. I like 'em all. 950ADVS-450EXC-R100GS-TW200-YW50P-XR600-Z1-ST90-model165Hummer
Oh, and regarding this comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadesOmega View Post
I love riding quads and I can ride the piss out of a quad but there's no such thing as a dual sport quad yet.
Do you know that over half the states do allow quads and atv's to be licensed and used on the roads. At least to some degree.
From ---> HERE.

Quote:
How cool would it be to be able to legally drive your UTV or ride your ATV on the street to connect Forest Service/BLM/state roads and other trails? Well, itís legal to do so in almost half of the United States, and there are a few companies that make street-legal kits for UTVs and ATVs. Todayís UTVs already have most of the required equipment such as mufflers, seat belts, headlights, taillights and brake lights. OHV-friendly states like West Virginia let OHVs travel city streets on the Hatfield-McCoy trail system, and Utah recently passed a law saying UTVs were legal on every street except Interstates (I-15 and I-70) or in Salt Lake City. In fact, most states allow counties and towns to set their own standards, and Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Texas, Minnesota, Wyoming, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Montana, North and South Dakota, Washington, Michigan, Kentucky, Nebraska, Ohio, Vermont, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Tennessee and Colorado (HB15-1054) have laws allowing the street-legalization of OHVs.
There's more at the link.

I believe California is to Nanniefied to allow this to become a law here.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:03 AM   #4
m0t0_ryder
RYD!

Contributor +

Just found a site "blowing out" sidecars.
In the US even.
For scooters even (my Zuma is calling me)

Safer Wholesale

Looks like about $2K to $3K there.
Free shipping!
Old 01-11-2019, 04:16 PM   #5
HadesOmega
Veteran

Barfie Winner 2017

Motorcycles: Empulse TT, ZR7, DR650, KLR650, 750 Turbo, Warrior 350, KLX140L
Name: Merlin
Cool that sounds like a good idea to but I would have to take it to a different state to do that and I wouldn't even have a plate. I wonder how that works if you are from out of state.

I heard this is an issue if someone from a state that allows it and comes to California with their plated quad or SXS.

Sold my quad last year after an epic OHV adventure ride but in the future I might get a Raptor 700 if I can find space for it Would still like to try the sidecar

HadesOmega is offline   Reply With Quote