Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Riderís Rights. Presented by Cycle Gear > Laws & Lawmakers

Old 10-22-2014, 09:35 AM   #16
Dmitriy

Motorcycles: '02 x2, '03- 640ADV '00 LC4E '00 SXC 400
Name: Dmitriy
This will stand great side by side with charging golden gate bridge pedestrians and bicyclists to use the sidewalk idea. Oh well I'm going to go stock up on air.
Oh well I always took Sonora to Hawthorne I guess this new fee will not help sway me over to Tioga

Last edited by Dmitriy; 10-22-2014 at 09:37 AM..
Dmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:27 AM   #17
Burning1
I'm scareoused!

Contributor

Motorcycles: GS500E, K1300GT
Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by onabikeagain View Post
This seems to me to be bias against motorcycles and an attempt to discourage riding into or through the park. I would think that an increase for motorcycles from $10 to $15 would be more in line with the percent increase applied to cars and that is what I proposed in my feedback.
Loud pipes cost rights. Unfortunately, I've had to have this conversation far too many times. Motorcyclists tend waive the freedom and individuality banner whenever they want to do something self-centered, but never seem to want to accept responsibility for what their actions cause.

Yosemite is a beautiful, peaceful place. A cruiser or sport bike running through their with straight pipes takes a lot away. Bikes have a huge impact for being a fairly small minority of visitors. By being inconsiderate, we wear out our welcome, and start to lose some of the privileges we previously enjoyed.
Burning1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:39 AM   #18
duh_ave
Veteran

Motorcycles: xr250l, cr250r, Ex AFM 933, 532, 49
Name:
while the bike may not "use the road" as much, a single rider uses it just as much as any car with a single passenger
the fee should have base fee (cars and bikes may differ here) for passage +1 user, then add per users beyond

Ya, those brake pads get pretty expensive. That's part of what I meant about racing vs. just doing track days. Why waste a perfectly good brake pad if you aren't trying to win a trophy.

"It's frustrating if you're a microbe that's been wandering the Universe for a million years to then die striking the surface of Europa," --Dr Gladman
duh_ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:14 PM   #19
jsolve
BeakRider

Motorcycles: BMW F700GS
Name: Jim
Fee is $15 per motorcycle (no per-person fee); beginning January 2016, the fee will be $20 per motorcycle. Annual pass is $60 and it can be shared with another person. Once you're 62 years old it's practically free to visit most to all National Parks / Federal Lands.
jsolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:13 PM   #20
luckyducks
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: 2012 Vespa 300 GTS Super
Name:
I'd be in support of banning any motorcycle that didn't pass a specific sound level test at idle and letting the rest in for free.

National Parks are not the city or your local canyon/twisty proving grounds. They are meant to be places of solitude and respect for "natural" space. Your open exhaust and decatted 4-into-1s don't belong there.
luckyducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 02:23 PM   #21
vought
Riding every day

Motorcycles: 1989 GS500E, 2013 BMW F800GS
Name: Doug
I'm not sure I like the idea of charging less for motorcycles unless all National Parks begin charging more for vehicles over 6000lbs GVW. Given the huge surge in rental RV camping in the National Parks, they could make their maintenance money this way instead of trying to pretend that a motorcycle with one or two people on it has anything like the same impact on the park's infrastructure and resources as a "RV America" camper with a family of five in it, 80 gallons of water, 60 gallons of sludge and grey water...etc.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:22 AM   #22
packnrat
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: 2004 FZ1 1993 klr 650 1978 xl 350
Name:
raise the tax to
$20.usd per bike. ( one or two person).
$25.usd trike/sidecar, (max three) + addional passangers.
$40.usd car, (max 4)..+ additional passangers.
$45.usd unloaded pu truck, max four +$10.usd per head
$60.usd loaded pu truck. max four +$10.usd per head.
all rv starting at $100.usd and up based on gvwr, (sticker on door/reg) and $10.usd per head. max two person, additional $10.usd per head.
bus $500.usd + $10.usd per head.
us born over age 65 FREE.
retired milatary FREE
last two lines, you and spouce both over age 65, all free, no tax per cage, pu, rv.

not a citizen of the USA a tax of $20.usd added per head to any of the above.

and this is the DAY rate, overnight far more. providing space to "camp" reverations required.

Last edited by packnrat; 09-26-2015 at 08:24 AM..
packnrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:46 PM   #23
louemc
Veteran

Motorcycles: 05 Kawi ZX10R
Name:
I pay nothing.... Golden Age Passport, and with this face, they don't even ask to see it, they just smile and wave me through.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:54 AM   #24
Wormwood
Is right behind you

AMA #: #2809532
Contributor + +

Motorcycles: 2 shiny ones
Name: Edmundo
I buy a yearly pass and have no problem with them raising the entrance fee. They do a good job protecting and expanding the park. They are not trying to punish the MC they are just trying to pass along a nominal fee for all to help pay to protect and service the park.

All in.

Wormwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:21 PM   #25
Gawernator
Read only user

AMA #: 3223595

Motorcycles: 2015 ZX-6R 636; 2009 250R; 1999 KX125
Name: Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsolve View Post
Fee is $15 per motorcycle (no per-person fee); beginning January 2016, the fee will be $20 per motorcycle. Annual pass is $60 and it can be shared with another person. Once you're 62 years old it's practically free to visit most to all National Parks / Federal Lands.
Only 40 years to go.

I wonder if there's any military discount

Last edited by Gawernator; 10-22-2015 at 04:22 PM..
Gawernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:01 PM   #26
Butch
poseur

AMA #: 1093637
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor ++
Barf Dirtbike Political Advocate

Motorcycles: 2017 Alta Shiftless, 06R6, 01TM250 2T, 91ATK406, 05 TM530 Black Dream plated
Name: Butch
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouSeeIt View Post
The NPS has proposed to raise the entrance fees for motorcycles in Yosemite National Park by 150%!

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...50-5835132.php

Cars' entrance fees will only go up 50%, from $20 to $30. But bikes will have to pay $25 (up from $10)! How do they justify soaking us for almost as much as a car, when bikes (and their riders/passengers) have a fraction of the impact that the cars do?

Please contact the NPS at yose_planning@nps.gov or via U.S. Mail at: Superintendent, Attention: Proposed Fee Increase, P.O. Box 577, Yosemite, CA 95389. Comments are accepted until November 20, 2014. An open house comment forum will be held at the Yosemite Valley Visitor Center on November 12th.

Please contact NPS and point out how excessive this fee hike is. I already sent in my comment - please send your own!
Wow.
thank you. We need to put in the "Riders Rights" section. i will have my staff get right on that.

Any of you guys can copy and paste too, and we will clean it up to make it as effectual as possible.

You guys rock.
Thanks!

Terms of Service:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/info/tos.php

and get a dirtbike! preferably a 2 stroke... Or... Electric!
Butch is online now   Reply With Quote