Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Non Moto Activities

Old 09-26-2018, 09:36 AM   #29101
CDONA
Home of Vortex tuning

Motorcycles: Triumph scrambler, TW200
Name: # 44659
You see the restrictions in Az about Ca residents.
Private guns for sale in the White sheet require an Az DL from the buyers, right there in the ad.
https://greenandwhitesheet.com

Started hammerin' Honda 90's around Berryessa, Summer of Love '67

Last edited by CDONA; 09-26-2018 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: dupe
CDONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:38 AM   #29102
CDONA
Home of Vortex tuning

Motorcycles: Triumph scrambler, TW200
Name: # 44659
You see the restrictions in Az about Ca residents.
Some private guns for sale in the White sheet require an Az DL from the buyers, right there in the ad.
https://greenandwhitesheet.com

Started hammerin' Honda 90's around Berryessa, Summer of Love '67
CDONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:18 PM   #29103
Tim-That CX Guy
Resident Window Licker

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: CX650 Eurosport, CX500
Name:
I look at it this way.
I am an NRA member, and occasional NRA-ILA donor.

I donate to the CalGuns Foundation every paycheck, because they fight only for California.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #29104
Feanor
Unmasked

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: 2008 ZX-10R, 2004 KDX-220R
Name: David
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-That CX Guy View Post
I look at it this way.
I am an NRA member, and occasional NRA-ILA donor.

I donate to the CalGuns Foundation every paycheck, because they fight only for California.
Iíll have to look into the Calguns Foundation, Iím a member of the forum, but never looked at that aspect of the organization.

The Republican backed bills outlawing bump fire stocks WITHIN the framework of existing restrictions if the DOJ and ATF are apparently in full swing. The NRA conceding that bumpfire stocks should be outlawed has generated the expected SWIFT action by gun control politicians to move forward with the definitions being drawn up for broader definitions for ďfire rate enhancing devicesĒ for long guns and yes, handguns too.

I agree with Yankee Marshall on this one that once these restrictions pass in all their ambiguous and wide ranging glory, things that will fall into ďrate enhancing devicesĒ will include custom trigger kits, spring kits, things like custom slides for handguns because lightening the slide must in some way (according to the anti gun groups) increase rate of fire of the weapon, trigger gunsmithing work, and in the end ALL high capacity magazines everywhere since not having to reload as as often is essentially a rate increasing device.

Thanks NRA...
"How many times has a cop looked over and said, 'There goes a Ninja' The name just stuck, like 'Crescent wrench', it's actually an adjustable end wrench made by Crescent Inc., but people know them as Crescent wrenches. Sportbikes are the same way, all sportbikes are Ninjas, especially if they're Kawasaki"

~ Nick Ienatsch
Feanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:05 PM   #29105
RRR70
The Gun Guy

AMA #: 1019218
Friendly Ukrainian Gun Dealer
BARFIE winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor ! +++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++BB

Motorcycles: KTM 1190 - orange pig. 2005 FXSTI
Name: Roman
Calguns Foundation is not a drunk monkey circus that Calguns.net is.
Is it time for the revolution?
Steven Hempler 12/02/2010
"I don't go around looking for trouble, but I'm ready when trouble comes looking for me."
RRR70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:05 PM   #29106
Feanor
Unmasked

Contributor ++

Back to shotguns...

I had narrowed it down to 2; the Remington Versamax (essentially, a Benelli M4), and the Beretta A400 Xcel Parallel Target.

Having shouldered both, the Beretta felt far more natural to point, and also had noticeably less felt recoil I believe because of the piston recoil damping buttpad.

I far preferred the look of the Remington's green receiver (Kawasaki :P), and wasn't too excited about the blue Beretta, but I shot the Beretta so much better and it felt more like a part of me while shooting than the Remington even though both guns were pretty amazing! There's a pretty big recoil difference between either of those shotguns and my Remington 870 Pump

Going blue...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A400 XCEL PT SL 001.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	513398  
"How many times has a cop looked over and said, 'There goes a Ninja' The name just stuck, like 'Crescent wrench', it's actually an adjustable end wrench made by Crescent Inc., but people know them as Crescent wrenches. Sportbikes are the same way, all sportbikes are Ninjas, especially if they're Kawasaki"

~ Nick Ienatsch

Last edited by Feanor; 09-27-2018 at 09:07 PM..
Old 09-29-2018, 07:48 AM   #29107
900ss
Veteran

Motorcycles: No Mo 1998 S3 Buell No Mo 900SS
Name: Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
Back to shotguns...

I had narrowed it down to 2; the Remington Versamax (essentially, a Benelli M4), and the Beretta A400 Xcel Parallel Target.

Having shouldered both, the Beretta felt far more natural to point, and also had noticeably less felt recoil I believe because of the piston recoil damping buttpad.

I far preferred the look of the Remington's green receiver (Kawasaki :P), and wasn't too excited about the blue Beretta, but I shot the Beretta so much better and it felt more like a part of me while shooting than the Remington even though both guns were pretty amazing! There's a pretty big recoil difference between either of those shotguns and my Remington 870 Pump

Going blue...
Did you buy this yet?
900ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:06 AM   #29108
Cali
Veteran

Founding Member

Motorcycles: E175
Name:
Quote:
Back to shotguns...

Going blue...
That is gorgeous!
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 11:51 AM   #29109
Hoho
Ride to Eat

AMA #: 2760367
Contributor + + + + + +

Motorcycles: Yamaha Hopper
Name: Hoho
Quote:
Back to shotguns...

Going blue...
Sweet! I was gonna say, go for the A400. That is a thing of beauty.
Hoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 05:22 PM   #29110
RRR70
The Gun Guy

AMA #: 1019218
Friendly Ukrainian Gun Dealer
BARFIE winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor ! +++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++BB

Motorcycles: KTM 1190 - orange pig. 2005 FXSTI
Name: Roman
Hey, militia

http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums...d.php?t=530053
Is it time for the revolution?
Steven Hempler 12/02/2010
"I don't go around looking for trouble, but I'm ready when trouble comes looking for me."
RRR70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:41 PM   #29111
Dubbington
Slamdunk Champion

Contributor

Motorcycles: EX Street Triple ;(
Name: Dubs
I’m I reading this correctly, it’s regarding Jerry Brown passing a bill against net nuetrality. Justice filed lawsuit against California stating below.

Now, how is this disimilar than California passing anti 2a laws like no buying Ammo out of state, 10rd mag ban, the roster?

Quote:
Attorney General Jeff Sessions, in a statement Sunday, said, "Under the Constitution, states do not regulate interstate commerce—the federal government does. Once again the California legislature has enacted an extreme and illegal state law attempting to frustrate federal policy."

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion!

Quote:
Barack Obama ain't taking my shotguns, so don't buy that malarkey. Ö I've got two, if he tries to fool with my Beretta, he's got a problem. -Biden

Last edited by Dubbington; 09-30-2018 at 10:42 PM..
Dubbington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:25 PM   #29112
Sharxfan
Veteran

Motorcycles: SV1000 s
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbington View Post
Iím I reading this correctly, itís regarding Jerry Brown passing a bill against net nuetrality. Justice filed lawsuit against California stating below.

Now, how is this disimilar than California passing anti 2a laws like no buying Ammo out of state, 10rd mag ban, the roster?
I think because the traffic for your ISP travels across state lines on the same wires in both places where the guns are sold in the state and they can say what to sell or not. I think it sucks for you guys that the distinction is that fine but who is going to bat for the gun owners about it? The only reason the ISPs are making the distinction is because they are douche nozzles and don't want Cali to get a law on the books unchallenged as this will open the flood gates for the other states to implement net neutrality their way as well. In this one particular case I wish Cali luck in defeating the bastards but I really don't want your gun laws to propagate any farther than you and NY state.
Sharxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:25 PM   #29113
Feanor
Unmasked

Contributor ++

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900ss View Post
Did you buy this yet?
Not yet,

I'm shopping around right now looking at pricing information

~ Nick Ienatsch
Old 10-01-2018, 07:06 PM   #29114
900ss
Veteran

Quote:
Not yet,

I'm shopping around right now looking at pricing information
My son has a near-perfect (he says perfect) specimen for sale. He estimates less than 500 rounds have been put through it. Let me know if you want any more info.

Also, if you still are interested in AR optics or triggers to "try before you buy", let me know.

Ken
Old 10-01-2018, 07:07 PM   #29115
900ss
Veteran

Man, that is one sweet looking shotgun. If only I was in the market.....