Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Net-Moto   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Riderís Rights. Presented by Cycle Gear > Land Use/OHV Parks

Old 05-12-2018, 07:06 PM   #16
Butch
poseur

AMA #: 1093637
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor ++
Barf Dirtbike Political Advocate

Motorcycles: 2017 Alta Shiftless, 06R6, 00KTM250MXC, 01TM250, 91ATK406, 05 TM530 Black Dream plated
Name: Butch
An AMA letter generator...
https://cqrcengage.com/amacycle/app/...ementId=473814

Please do. Easy.

Terms of Service:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/info/tos.php

and get a dirtbike! preferably a 2 stroke... Or... Electric!
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:29 AM   #17
Butch
poseur

AMA #: 1093637
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor ++
Barf Dirtbike Political Advocate

Motorcycles: 2017 Alta Shiftless, 06R6, 00KTM250MXC, 01TM250, 91ATK406, 05 TM530 Black Dream plated
Name: Butch
A recent letter by Diana Mead of CORVA https://www.corva.org :

Dear Senator Glazer,
It has come to my attention that you were
 rudely lambasted after a Senate Natural Resources Committee hearing on SB 1316 by an opposition attendee. I am sorry that happened. There is simply no excuse for this sort of behavior, and I say this as someone who has been similarly approached.

While I personally would not use this sort of strategy, I need you to hear how very disappointed I am in your sponsorship of this bill. I have made several appointments with your office and although I am
 a constituent, have been unable to meet with you personally. Instead, I have met with staff members who may be efficient, but are not a substitute for talking directly with my Senator. My sole direct contact with you was a single telephone conversation during which you informed me of your pending recommendation to sell OUR CARNEGIE SVRA property.
You are my state senator and I am on the board of a statewide OHV advocacy group. At the time of our last conversation, I was the President of that organization. Although it should make no difference in your representation, I 
am a liberal democrat who has been educated on the environmental issues at Carnegie SVRA.

Senator, in my opinion, you have not made the effort to understand why we need a larger park, nor have you bothered to visit the model for our expansion at Hollister Hills SVRA. I have repeatedly stated why this is important to no avail. I sincerely hope the supporters of your bill have been likewise limited in their opportunity to have face time with you.

Your bias at the Senate Natural Resources Committee hearing was on full display. Photographs comparing the current SVRA with expansion property are produced to offer an opinionated version lacking scientific facts, of what is proven environmentally responsible. We’ve seen these photos before and they are simply not accurate or a fair representation. The difference between the two parcels is also about mine tailings, cattle grazing damage, significant debris from human habitation including turn of the last century plumbing, unstable ground, unprotected indigenous peoples sites, etc.
At the current park, while one does see the results of motorized recreation, mitigation efforts are proven sustainable and religiously practiced. Wildlife and plant life are nurtured, per state law. I
 can personally attest to the deer, rabbits, and birds that were out and about during the national hillclimb competition last weekend. The sites of indigenous
and archeological significance are cataloged and protected.

All of that said, the expansion area is not proposed to be another motorcycle area. AND here lies the real conundrum.
The expansion will offer recreation not offered at the current park. Nor is this recreation offered elsewhere in the bay area. Not in the acres of land East Bay Regional Parks offers us who subsidize them (many in your district). Not in any of the other State Parks in the Bay Area. Not in any park in bay area counties. Yet, in 2014, there were 600,000 registered off highway vehicles in that same area. That is green or red stickered only, not the street registered 4 wheel drives that may also go off road with their owners. Senator, by eliminating the opportunity in this far east slice of Alameda, you are committing to these people that they will need to continue to allocate time, fuel and distance before enjoying their recreation.

The suggestion that the sale of this valued acreage would make the lawsuits “go away” is short sighted and sounded like blackmail. I suspect it is
 very likely that the supporters of Carnegie SVRA may be disturbed enough to initiate a lawsuit to stop the sale. The state should also anticipate the NIMBY Associations that today oppose the expansion, will return to their efforts to close the current Carnegie SVRA if they achieve ending the expansion area. Our best opportunity to stop the lawsuits would be to gain the support of those who represent us and model the amazing diversity that is part of both our geography and our heritage

Terms of Service:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/info/tos.php

and get a dirtbike! preferably a 2 stroke... Or... Electric!

Last edited by Butch; Today at 10:37 AM..
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:33 AM   #18
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: A few here and there
Name: Budman