Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Community > Kitchen Sink

Old 07-15-2018, 11:44 AM   #1261
norcalkeith
Hola

Motorcycles: '08 R6
Name: ....
Here's some old stuff, color is off from oxidation but you can still appreciate the texture and purity - beach sand.

This stuff will press out on parchment to the cleanest dabs most people have ever had.

Last edited by norcalkeith; 07-15-2018 at 11:45 AM..
norcalkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 11:47 AM   #1262
norcalkeith
Hola

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHighwayman View Post
The tent is quiet for the first time in 13 weeks.
Gonna fire back up immediately or take a break? Remember to clean, clean, and clean some more before firing back up.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:49 AM   #1263
HappyHighwayman
Blame Canada

Contributor

Motorcycles: Rad Rover
Name: Jordan
Take a break until I get some clones

I should have like months and months worth now.

"Love is that feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle"
- Hunter S. Thompson
HappyHighwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:27 PM   #1264
CoorsLight
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: smell good
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHighwayman View Post
Are the mycotoxins alcohol stable and soluble? Can they get into the actual THC?

Because this gets reduced from like 750ml to like 10ml
They are generally greasy, as is THC. When you extract with an oil, like butter, it will also extract greasy mycotoxins.
CoorsLight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:21 PM   #1265
byke
Veteran

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: gas
Name: penorface
Day 44 of 60, getting close! I'm going to keep up on the liquid feed until day 50 on Friday and then go to a pretty agressive 10 day flush. They're in 20g fabric pots, so I'm thinking it should be enough time for flush.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:05 AM   #1266
ABC
Veteran

AMA #:2770635
Contributor +

Motorcycles: !
Name: D
Quote:
Originally Posted by byke View Post
Day 44 of 60, getting close! I'm going to keep up on the liquid feed until day 50 on Friday and then go to a pretty agressive 10 day flush. They're in 20g fabric pots, so I'm thinking it should be enough time for flush.

holy fuck, that shit looks fireeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

what strain is it?
ABC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:03 AM   #1267
byke
Veteran

Contributor + 1%

Purple Punch and it smells great, super fruity. I listed some clones on CL on Thursday and the ad was up for maybe four hours before it was flagged and I had eight inquiries, mostly gone the next day. Seemed to have lots of interest. I can save one for ya if you want to try it.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:04 AM   #1268
norcalkeith
Hola

Quote:
You bring them outside for the pics or are they light depped? Looking spot on.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:43 PM   #1269
byke
Veteran

Contributor + 1%

Thanks, Keith. I've discovered that you can replace actual skill with simply feeding a lot. They're dep in 20g fabric pots, but I'm not sure I want to do it this way next time. The pots dry out too quick and you have to cover them every night. It gets kinda old when you have other stuff to do. Still trying to figure out what's most fun..
Old 07-29-2018, 06:14 PM   #1270
norcalkeith
Hola

Quote:
Thanks, Keith. I've discovered that you can replace actual skill with simply feeding a lot. They're dep in 20g fabric pots, but I'm not sure I want to do it this way next time. The pots dry out too quick and you have to cover them every night. It gets kinda old when you have other stuff to do. Still trying to figure out what's most fun..
Genetics play a huge role as well and Purple Punch is a great plant. If you decide to play outside again consider using a live cover crop to mitigate evaporation and using larger pots. If you wanna get fancy you can always automate the covering but that can get expensive quick. If more people realized just how adaptable cannabis is maybe more people would grow their own in a way that they see fit to accommodate their lifestyles? Also, replace the black Smartpots with beige ones, for the same reasons you don't buy a black car.

Last edited by norcalkeith; 07-29-2018 at 06:18 PM..
Old 07-29-2018, 06:49 PM   #1271
byke
Veteran

Contributor + 1%

Live cover crop sounds interesting, but I can avoid that just by using bigger pots. I have some 2x12 wood laying around, so I'm thinking of making 5x5 beds and then digging it out a little bit. I bet they could go every third day before watering.

An auto setup would be neat, but this is a really small deal, plus I don't like the looks of hoops. If I went nuts with this stuff, it'd be on a different property and that's too much of a business. Just a handful of full sun in beds mostly top feeding with B's is low maintenance and big plants are always fun.

These are tan pots, but it's been 90-100f every day for weeks and they cook in there, 20g is too small for this climate, imo. I have a few PP full sun and they don't even make it 24hrs before wilting. I screwed up this year, but have learned a good bit.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:06 AM   #1272
norcalkeith
Hola

Quote:
Live cover crop sounds interesting, but I can avoid that just by using bigger pots. I have some 2x12 wood laying around, so I'm thinking of making 5x5 beds and then digging it out a little bit. I bet they could go every third day before watering.
Fwiw, you may be surprised at how easy it is to start and maintain as well as just how helpful they can be. An anecdote: plants this year that arrived into homes that had cover crops required considerably less watering until literally two or so weeks ago when we had periods of intense sustained heat. Up until that time, the plants had not once lost turgidity due to the soil being too dry, because the cover crop stops so much water evaporation from the soil compared to it being bare. It feels as if watering has been put on cruise control with the help of the cover, and I'm all about it because it has made things easier and less stressful. They are in 30 gallon pots, so not much larger than what you're working with.

Grow Guide: Cover Crops
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Grow Guide: Cover Crops
Cannabis plants are heavy-feeders, they love their nitrogen. Cover crops, specifically legumes, can create a usable form of nitrogen out of thin air. Legumes have an amazing ability to convert nitrogen that cannot be absorbed by cannabis into a form of nitrogen that is available for your main crop. We surprisingly have an abundant supply of nitrogen all around us, 79% of our atmosphere is nitrogen in the form of N2 gas, however, plants cannot absorb this form of nitrogen. Atmospheric nitrogen requires bacteria or microorganisms to convert the N2 gas into ammonium (N4) or nitrate (NO3) before plants can uptake the nitrogen. Legumes host a specific bacteria that lives on its roots whose sole purpose is to fix atmospheric nitrogen into a usable source and release it into the soil. It’s pretty much plant magic. For grass and non-leguminous cover crops, nutrients are absorbed in the biomass, and once they are turned into the soil, this readily available nitrogen is released, allowing your cannabis plants to feast on a nitrogen buffet.

Quote:
These are tan pots, but it's been 90-100f every day for weeks and they cook in there, 20g is too small for this climate, imo. I have a few PP full sun and they don't even make it 24hrs before wilting. I screwed up this year, but have learned a good bit.
More reason to consider the companion planting! Most of the heavy lifting has already been done by others in terms of finding ideal mixes for cannabis:

Clover Cover Crop Blend - 12 Seed BuildASoil Mix 60% Clover - it's cheap too!

Last edited by norcalkeith; 07-30-2018 at 10:12 AM..
Old 07-30-2018, 12:11 PM   #1273
byke
Veteran

Contributor + 1%

Wow..ok, I'll give this a try. How long did it take before they covered your pots? And how significant is the N contribution? Do the plants stay green throughout flower?
Old 08-05-2018, 09:31 AM   #1274
HappyHighwayman
Blame Canada

Contributor

Motorcycles: Rad Rover
Name: Jordan
I just got 5 free clones from a BARFer. Their plants are outdoors and are the largest I've ever seen in real life.

"Love is that feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle"
- Hunter S. Thompson
HappyHighwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:39 AM   #1275
byke
Veteran

Contributor + 1%

Nice! I imagine they're going outside?