Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Rider’s Rights. Presented by Cycle Gear > Land Use/OHV Parks

Old 11-08-2017, 03:17 AM   #16
Butch
poseur

AMA #: 1093637
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor ++
Barf Dirtbike Political Advocate

Motorcycles: ‘18 Alta EX006, ‘17 Alta MX019, 06R6, 05TM503 Black Dream, 01TM250 2T, 91ATK406
Name: Butch
I spoke with the legislative staff at Senator Harris’s office last week, and Feinstein’s this yesterday. I also spoke with Larry Smith of ARRA because I was told he was just in Feinstein’s office. All these folks are in Washington.

HR 1913, CCRA, is now in the ENR, Energy Natural Resources Committee. Larry Smith is contacting all members of that committee.

It would be good if everyone joined ARRA… http://www.arra-access.com/states/california/

It would be good if the Senator's offices got thousands of emails, letters and phone calls requesting support for this bill. Anyone got any good ideas how we can get our community to do that?

Terms of Service:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/info/tos.php

and get a dirtbike! preferably a 2 stroke... Or... Electric!
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:20 AM   #17
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Motorcycles: '18 Scorpa 300, '14 Gas Gas xc300r, '93 KTM 550 MXC, 2014 500 EXC
Name:
I sent Sen Harris an email about my feelings for support of 1913 a few weeks ago. I'll try to rustle up some other folks to do the same.
elemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:37 PM   #18
bojangle
FN # 40

BARF Moderator
Contributor

Motorcycles: Kawasaki Versys 1000LT, Prior: Honda 600RR Graffiti, Kawi 650R
Name: Dave
https://benitolink.com/news/opening-...nt-possibility

Quote:
The long and winding road to reopen the Clear Creak Management Area (CCMA) in southern San Benito County, closed in 2008, has taken much longer than retired Congressman Sam Farr could have thought it would when he first introduced a bill in 2012 to reopen it. Clear Creek was closed by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) after an International Research Foundation (IRF) study found a minimal health risk to off-highway vehicle (OHV) users from naturally occurring asbestos in the Serpentine Area. The bill has less than a month to be approved before having to be resubmitted to Congress. But even if it were approved today, it would most likely be another two years before the area would be opened again to the public.
Just came across this article. I'm not sure what, if anything, can be done to try to get this thing passed this month. Resubmission would just mean more delays.

I use micro agressive trigger words.

""This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me... facing the enemy." Author Unknown "
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:39 PM   #19
ThumperX
Veteran

AMA #: 2817058
Contributor++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++3%
Barf Roadside Angel and more!

Motorcycles: Different strokes Big Bore and little bore Thumpers
Name:
Call,write, and email!!!!
Be relentless.We were up there last weekend, the 48 hour permit application is total and complete BS!!!

District 36

CORVA

Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.

You go where you look!
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:57 PM   #20
Butch
poseur

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Contributor ++

Motorcycles: ‘18 Alta EX006, ‘17 Alta MX019, 06R6, 05TM503 Black Dream, 01TM250 2T, 91ATK406
Another letterngenerator to our Senators...
https://www.votervoice.net/mobile/AR.../54916/Respond

Terms of Service:

Old 01-03-2018, 09:10 AM   #21
ThumperX
Veteran

AMA #: 2817058
Contributor++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++3%
Barf Roadside Angel and more!

Motorcycles: Different strokes Big Bore and little bore Thumpers
Name:
Done
Thanks Butch!

District 36

CORVA

Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.

You go where you look!
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:03 PM   #22
onto1wheel
Riding All The Time

Motorcycles: kawi kawi yam yam beta honda honda
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Another letterngenerator to our Senators...
https://www.votervoice.net/mobile/AR.../54916/Respond
done, thanks Butch
Didn't the ama used to have these easy to use letter generators? I couldn't find one there.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:42 PM   #23
Butch
poseur

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Contributor ++

Quote:
Originally Posted by onto1wheel View Post
done, thanks Butch
Didn't the ama used to have these easy to use letter generators? I couldn't find one there.
Yeah but... Timing is important, and it is good to keep our legislators reminded... It is really, really important that when HR1913 is being discussed in committee or on the floor we inundated the Senators with calls, letters and emails.

If we did that all the time it would be good, but folks have jobs and kids and stuff. AMA, CORVA, BRC usually waits until something is in the frying pan before issuing a call to action and a letter generator. ARRA too. I am not sure how I came across this one.

I talked to Larry Smith with ARRA; he is in Washington DC doing this all the time. He rocks.

Thanks to all you guys. I'll try to get a status update.

Terms of Service:

Last edited by Butch; 01-03-2018 at 10:12 PM..
Old 01-03-2018, 10:16 PM   #24
Butch
poseur

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Contributor ++

Good stuff here...
https://benitolink.com/news/opening-...nt-possibility

"The bill has been sitting since July 12 in the Senate Energy and Natural Resources (ENR) Committee for review. According to Panetta’s office, the Senate has until the end of the 115th Congress, Jan. 2, 2019, to pass the bill. ENR leadership will determine which bills are brought up for a hearing and voted on. Typically, the majority will pick bills that align with their legislative agenda and the minority will push for bills that align with theirs. If there is not enough support by either party, the bill will stay in the committee and not receive a hearing or a vote.

If the bill does not become law during the 115th Congress, Panetta will need to reintroduce it in either the House or the Senate. He has until the end of December 2018 to get the bill signed into law. If it does not pass, he will have to reintroduce it, yet again, in the 116th Congress, January 2019-January 2021."

Terms of Service:

Old 02-21-2018, 05:19 PM   #25
krongsak
Veteran

Contributor +

Motorcycles: XT 500, Dax
Name: J.bond
What a mad process it is. Thanks guys for pushing things forward.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:55 PM   #26
Butch
poseur

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Contributor ++

I should check on where this is at...

Meanwhile, it’ been ten years. This is still true:

Maybe we should stop using the term "natural occurring asbestos" because, technically, there is not such a thing.

The BLM and the EPA could be attempting to mislead the public to create unnecessary fear by using the term "natural occurring asbestos." Natural occurring serpentine deposits are common throughout California. In fact, serpentine is designated by the California legislature as the "State Mineral." Natural occurring serpentine regularly contains a mineral called "chrysotile," which is a commonly used mineral for asbestos production.

Many chrysotile deposits found throughout the world also contain other fibrous minerals, which are also used to product asbestos. Some of these other fibrous minerals have been linked with certain disease. But chrysotile has not been linked to any disease. It is critical to recognize that the chrysotile deposits found throughout the CCMA are free of those other fibrous minerals that have linked to disease.

The very small amounts of asbestos found in the EPA Clear Creek study is archaeological debris artifact residual from historic commercial importation. Portions of a Furnace and Piping left behind from the "early days" of Clear Creek is an example of this.

https://www.southbayriders.com/forums/threads/88476/

Terms of Service:

Old 12-12-2018, 02:27 PM   #27
KWeezyXB12
SKRRRRRRRRRRRT!!!!!!

Motorcycles: 2002 yz 250
Name: Kyle
any updates ?
Old 12-12-2018, 04:30 PM   #28
Butch
poseur

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Contributor ++

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWeezyXB12 View Post
any updates ?
I've talked to Kamela Harris's office a few times. It is time to just show up. SF (her office location) between Christmas and New Year is pretty mellow.

If all the dirtbike riders of california and Neveda were contactng her office it wud be good.

Terms of Service:

Old 01-10-2019, 02:59 PM   #29
NorCalBusa
Member #294

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: .
Name:
Here we go again.

Quote:
Panetta introduces legislation to reopen Clear Creek
January 10, 2019

Courtesy of Congressman Jimmy Panetta’s Office:

Congressman Jimmy Panetta (CA-20) introduced the Clear Creek National Recreation Area and Conservation Act, H.R. 403. The legislation directs the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to protect 21,000 acres of BLM land adjacent to Clear Creek by designating the area the Joaquin Rocks Wilderness. It would also reopen the 63,000-acre Clear Creek National Recreation Area in San Benito and Fresno counties for public outdoor recreation, including off-road vehicles and hiking.

“By introducing this bill, I am proud to continue the legacy of our local leaders, including former Congressman Sam Farr, to protect and preserve California’s public lands for future generations,” Panetta in the statement. “Preserving the Joaquin Rocks Wilderness will bolster our conservation efforts and reaffirm our commitment to protecting our pristine environment on the Central Coast. At the same time, reopening the Clear Creek National Recreation Area will promote recreation and tourism in our district.”

Once considered a premier off-road vehicle recreation site, Clear Creek was temporarily closed in 2008 to the public after an Environmental Protection Agency analysis about potential risk created by naturally occurring asbestos. Congressman Panetta’s bill instructs the BLM to develop a rigorous plan to minimize the risk from asbestos exposure and educate visitors about the naturally occurring asbestos. The BLM would also be required to find ways to reduce the impact of off-road vehicles to protect the area’s habitat.