Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Motards/Supermoto

Old 01-28-2019, 09:01 AM   #121
cg_ops
1-Armed Bandit

Motorcycles: Sumo?
Name: 1ArmdBndt
Damnit, AOMC is still using my pictures for Arrow fitment....

https://www.ktm-parts.com/72618AK.html
https://www.ktm-parts.com/72618PK.html

And my video!
cg_ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:10 AM   #122
JesasaurusRex
Veteran

Contributor ++++++++

Motorcycles: Are Gay
Name: Rex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody146 View Post
It is indeed for a KTM 690 enduro r. Which can be bought online at aomc for under 40$. Checked halls husqvarna and the oem 701 enduro skid plate is $101. They are both plastic but the KTM one seems to have a bit more coverage on the motor which will be nice for off-roading and keeping the mud at bay.

I was just informed last night about a billet clutch slave that is made much better and should last. I guess it’s more of an enduro thing since those bikes ride in the middle of nowhere more frequently. I have yet to look into it.

Are you running crg mirrors? How did you put the one on the throttle side? Unbolt brake master then re attach?
yes i'm running crg mirrors, you will need to loosen the master cyl to put the bracket on for the mirrors. You'll probably need a hand file to get your mirrors oriented the way you want. Also, i filed some of the bracket down that contacted the master so the master would sit closer to factory. Don't go overboard obviously.

Just put my oxford hand grips on yesterday guys. The sport model worked fine, didn't need to trim the clutch side grip but did need to trim the throttle side. There's a lip on the plastic throttle piece on the bike that you'll need to hand file (must be a theme on this bike) to slide the grip over. Other than that pretty straight forward. I will mention i also put bark busters on at the same time. The reason i mention that is i'd say they extend the bars by about 1/8" more than the factory hand guards so you MAY have to trim the clutch side grip a hair if you go with the sport model and factory hand guards. I'd bet you don't though.

On a side note, i put the PCV back on but left the rott intake off. I forgot how much i hate those oil based filters. I also have my doubts as to any significant gains over the factory air box. Anybody know where i can find dyno numbers from the same bike, one with a slip on and pcv and another with a slip on, pcv, and rott intake? I'd be curious. Almost all the dyno numbers i see are from a stock bike to all the things. Peak power almost never changes so that means the factory box flows enough air, i'd assume most of the mid range gains are almost all due to the PCV.

Just an uneducated guess

soliqsoliq - "Miatas can be cool I like to think of my bike as the Miata of motorcycles--underpowered and often considered a chick's vehicle..."

Last edited by JesasaurusRex; 01-29-2019 at 07:21 AM..
JesasaurusRex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:11 AM   #123
JesasaurusRex
Veteran

Contributor ++++++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg_ops View Post
Damnit, AOMC is still using my pictures for Arrow fitment....

https://www.ktm-parts.com/72618AK.html
https://www.ktm-parts.com/72618PK.html

And my video!
SUE!!!!

soliqsoliq - "Miatas can be cool I like to think of my bike as the Miata of motorcycles--underpowered and often considered a chick's vehicle..."
Old 01-31-2019, 05:05 AM   #124
JesasaurusRex
Veteran

Contributor ++++++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesasaurusRex View Post
yes i'm running crg mirrors, you will need to loosen the master cyl to put the bracket on for the mirrors. You'll probably need a hand file to get your mirrors oriented the way you want. Also, i filed some of the bracket down that contacted the master so the master would sit closer to factory. Don't go overboard obviously.

Just put my oxford hand grips on yesterday guys. The sport model worked fine, didn't need to trim the clutch side grip but did need to trim the throttle side. There's a lip on the plastic throttle piece on the bike that you'll need to hand file (must be a theme on this bike) to slide the grip over. Other than that pretty straight forward. I will mention i also put bark busters on at the same time. The reason i mention that is i'd say they extend the bars by about 1/8" more than the factory hand guards so you MAY have to trim the clutch side grip a hair if you go with the sport model and factory hand guards. I'd bet you don't though.

On a side note, i put the PCV back on but left the rott intake off. I forgot how much i hate those oil based filters. I also have my doubts as to any significant gains over the factory air box. Anybody know where i can find dyno numbers from the same bike, one with a slip on and pcv and another with a slip on, pcv, and rott intake? I'd be curious. Almost all the dyno numbers i see are from a stock bike to all the things. Peak power almost never changes so that means the factory box flows enough air, i'd assume most of the mid range gains are almost all due to the PCV.

Just an uneducated guess
No input? Where'd you guys go

Old 01-31-2019, 02:42 PM   #125
Woody146
Back on 2!

Motorcycles: 2017 701 sm 2012 Yamaha FZ8(sold) 2015 BMW s1000R(R.I.P.) 2018 S1000r (R.I.P.)
Name:
Quote:
No input? Where'd you guys go
Only slip on and fueling dongle for me. Runs great!
Woody146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:50 PM   #126
JesasaurusRex
Veteran

Contributor ++++++++

Quote:
Only slip on and fueling dongle for me. Runs great!
Think imma get a custom map done on a dyno. Well 2, i'll leave the factory air cleaner and filter on for the one and then i'll do another with the air filter completely removed and the top part of the air cleaner gone too. Not exactly the same set up as a rottweiler intake but should be close enough to replicate. Time constraints make switching the actual factory air cleaner for the rott in between dyno pulls not something i wish to pursue and/or pay for. I figure the above test would be a close enough simulation. Bet there will be almost zero difference.

Old 01-31-2019, 08:43 PM   #127
codestp202

Motorcycles: 959 Panigale
Name: Cody
Anyone need a stock 701 muffler? Need to get rid of this damn thing as its been taking up space. Willing to let it go for cheap cheap cheap.
codestp202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:53 AM   #128
chrisweir.com
Let's ride!

Contributor + + 2%

Motorcycles: *bikeless*
Name: Chris Weir
Seems like a mixed bag. Owners, would you buy again?
Old 02-08-2019, 09:37 AM   #129
cg_ops
1-Armed Bandit

Motorcycles: Sumo?
Name: 1ArmdBndt
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisweir.com View Post
Yes. No one dates a supermodel and expects them to be as hassle free as the guy/girl next door. It'd be a unicorn if it was also trouble free but, as it stands, it's capable and fun enough to offset (most of) the frustrations.
cg_ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:41 AM   #130
DTM74
It's not my fault...

Contributor +++++++++1%
Roadside Angel Contributor

Motorcycles: Seven-Oh-One
Name: Dan
Quote:
Yes. 8,000 miles and trouble free (knock on wood)
DTM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 03:51 PM   #131
JesasaurusRex
Veteran

Contributor ++++++++

Quote:
i actually would, the bike is that fun
i will say i wouldn't buy again if there wasn't a dealer near by. It's no where near reliable enough to have to do a half days drive to get work done on it.

Old 02-14-2019, 01:25 PM   #132
Woody146
Back on 2!

Motorcycles: 2017 701 sm 2012 Yamaha FZ8(sold) 2015 BMW s1000R(R.I.P.) 2018 S1000r (R.I.P.)
Name:
I love mine! Would buy again, but not new. Not a 15 k bike imo. But sub 10k. Yes
Old 02-14-2019, 05:25 PM   #133
JesasaurusRex
Veteran

Contributor ++++++++

Quote:
I love mine! Would buy again, but not new. Not a 15 k bike imo. But sub 10k. Yes
Ya, paid 13 something after ttl. It's not worth that

Old Today, 07:11 AM   #134
Woody146
Back on 2!

Name:
Quote:
Ya, paid 13 something after ttl. It's not worth that
I got the paperwork from the original owner. He paid 14,8 otd. When. I was looking for a new one, that was the same price I was quoted from the same dealer. Add the obligatory slip on. Boom, over 15 grand. Finding a 2017 + on Craigslist is the way to do it imo.

Added more parts to the bike:
Zeta Xc handguard signals with powermadd mirrors
KTM 690 oem skid plate
Scottís damper with brp mounts
KTM Evo airbox lid
Warp 9 enduro pegs

Making the bike even more fun!