Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Reviews & Recommendations

Old 06-29-2018, 11:30 PM   #46
musiclucho

Motorcycles: Honda Nighthawk 750
Name:
I looked at AAA and Geico... the second one gave me the lowest price and it was easy to deal with them.

I think the coverage is like...if the police stops you, you can say that you have insurance and that's it! Lol
musiclucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:25 AM   #47
Rumbo Sur
learning everyday

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: DR650, Ducati HyperStrada, .
Name: Patrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnellbandit View Post
Geico.

While the price was good the response and service I get makes it easy to pick them. I had an RV and while in for service out of town, the shop there turned on the electricty to the reefer, 4 dead very expensive high capacity AGM batteires. I couldn't prove they did it and of course they denied it. Called Geico and they covered it, waived deductible. Wow.

Texting and intoxicated (booze and prescription pills I discovered) uninsured driver ran over my parked bike. Response on site an hour after my call, check in my hands 10 min later. Happy me other than having to fight the desire to do unmentionable things to that driver.

$250 a year, full coverage incl comp on two bikes and liability on a third squirter. No one could match them. Got the "seasoned" rider discount although not a cane shifter yet.

The above post really demonstrates if an insurance company is any good.
I wonder how many who posted in this thread have actually had to file a claim ... and how did that go?

I've been very lucky, claim free 20 years. In the UK and EU you get substantial discounts for "no claims". Not so here in USA. I wonder why?
(rhetorical question!)

So, how many were stiffed by insurer? How many paid? ... and how many stalled you off or made you threaten to sue them to get them to pay?

To me a "No Quibble" policy goes a long way when your standing there at the site of a crash ... or you come out of the Pub and find your bike GONE!

Rumbo Sur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:01 PM   #48
bpw
Veteran

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: Monster 800, BMW r60/2, Aprilia Mille R, Kawi w650, 1935 BSA 250
Name: Ben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbo Sur View Post

The above post really demonstrates if an insurance company is any good.
I wonder how many who posted in this thread have actually had to file a claim ... and how did that go?

I've been very lucky, claim free 20 years. In the UK and EU you get substantial discounts for "no claims". Not so here in USA. I wonder why?
(rhetorical question!)

So, how many were stiffed by insurer? How many paid? ... and how many stalled you off or made you threaten to sue them to get them to pay?

To me a "No Quibble" policy goes a long way when your standing there at the site of a crash ... or you come out of the Pub and find your bike GONE!

State farm was good with my claim, fair price and settled without hassle and didn't effect my "no claims" rate since it was my first claim in many years. They can be expensive for just a bike, but if you have cars, house etc with them the price gets quite good.
bpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:01 PM   #49
Saxon

Motorcycles: triumph, suzuki
Name:
I was quoted $440 annual for an 2006 Ducati ST3s ABS from State Farm. Middle age, good record, multiple vehicle discount. Liabilty 250/500K, full comp and collision with 500 deduct.
Saxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:59 PM   #50
KooLaid
Hippocritapotamus

Motorcycles: 18 450 SXF
Name:
Geico, price is the best for a place that will also insure motos. Service is pretty good and they paid out when I needed them to. Just wished towing was better.
KooLaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:37 AM   #51
NCNative

Motorcycles: CBR 600RR DR 650 CRF 230
Name:
Has anyone used progressive?

Geico sounds good, is progressive any better?
NCNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:17 AM   #52
Aware
Veteran

Motorcycles: Honda
Name: Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by KooLaid View Post
Geico, price is the best for a place that will also insure motos. Service is pretty good and they paid out when I needed them to. Just wished towing was better.
GEICO has been great for me. I didn't choose because they are cheap. I GEICO because they offer a multi-bike discount, which few seem to.

Sad to say I've been in several accidents in the last 3 or 4 years, in car, RV and motorcycle. All have been the other party's fault. With GEICO, getting help, repairs, general communication has all been great.
Aware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:59 AM   #53
cal scott
Rookie

Motorcycles: V-Strom DL650AL3
Name: Iain
+1 for State Farm due to discounts under a larger umbrella policy.
cal scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:59 PM   #54
stapes44

Motorcycles: DRZ400S
Name:
Markel

I have had them for about 15 years and no problems, no rate increases. I have full coverage on 2 bikes and liability on 1. For three bikes, I pay less than $500.00/year. They are Markel American Insurance Company 800-236-2453 or www.markelamerican.com
stapes44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 04:20 PM   #55
SlidingBike
Noob Thump Lover for *1

Motorcycles: 2012 Royal Enfield Classic EFI 500 C5
Name: Sree
Everyone is referring how much cheaper that they pay premium to compare. But what is the easiness of the claim process. I find GEICO is cheap to pay policy, even much cheaper(means not easy) in the claim process. Their claim process is worst so far for me. But CSAA (AAA) has been VERY PROFESSIONAL in the claim process(but they are not cheap yeass for the premium of coverage).
SlidingBike is offline   Reply With Quote