Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Trackdays

Old 10-11-2018, 06:21 PM   #16
SVJ
Where'd my bike go?

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 1000+300+150+50=:)
Name: -J
I'll be there on my S1000XR
SVJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:30 AM   #17
Wormwood
Is right behind you

AMA #: #2809532
Contributor + +

Motorcycles: 2 shiny ones
Name: Edmundo
First time riding with Fun track days. Well organized and some good tips from Ken Hill. Had a blast in the slow poke group and the weather was almost perfect. So much better than mid August @ 104 degrees.

Wormwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:35 AM   #18
bambamb43
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2015 BMW S1000R,2002 kawasaki ZRX1200R, 1976 Suzuki GT 750, 2005 gixxer 1000 (Track)
Name: Bruce
Yep, another great track day, and another awesome dinner put on by Augie and
His staff, Thanks Augie and thanks to your family and staff , does anybody know the condition of the 2 riders that got mediflighted out, one was a crash in turn 10 and the other at end of day in turn 1 ??
bambamb43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:55 PM   #19
Iz~OCR
Rookie

Motorcycles: CBR1000
Name:
The only best thing that came out of Monday trackday was the weather and I didnt crash my bike in A group. There was too many dangerous passing from other rides and instructors. Instructors should of been worrying about the safety of other riders and not practicing for their last round in AFM.
Iz~OCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:56 AM   #20
LadyDragon
Lady Dragon

Motorcycles: Ninja 400, CBR 600 rip & Ninja 250 racebike
Name: Arin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iz~OCR View Post
The only best thing that came out of Monday trackday was the weather and I didnt crash my bike in A group. There was too many dangerous passing from other rides and instructors. Instructors should of been worrying about the safety of other riders and not practicing for their last round in AFM.
yup!!! Some take it as "anything goes", some like the faster passing etc... pick up that pace!! At least you might see some good lines, breaking points etc.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:08 AM   #21
89fj
late braking

Contributor +

Motorcycles: yamaha FJ-09 S1000RR
Name: John
I had more fun in the A group than in the B group which was kind of crowded. Ken Hill class was great as usual
89fj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:42 AM   #22
bambamb43
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2015 BMW S1000R,2002 kawasaki ZRX1200R, 1976 Suzuki GT 750, 2005 gixxer 1000 (Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iz~OCR View Post
You sure you weren't in B group ? That's usually where some of the crazy passing takes place, recommended A group lap time is 2:10, if you weren't keeping pace then maybe you were part of the problem and next time maybe drop down to B group,
Old 10-17-2018, 10:43 AM   #23
Wormwood
Is right behind you

AMA #: #2809532
Contributor + +

Motorcycles: 2 shiny ones
Name: Edmundo
When I have had safety concerns in the past I have discussed it with the provider immediately. In most cases I find my expectations were flawed, not the provider. We always have options including changing groups.

I witnessed and participated in some sketchy passes in the C group. Shit happens, be polite and move on.

Wormwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:16 AM   #24
Iz~OCR
Rookie

Motorcycles: CBR1000
Name:
[QUOTE=bambamb43;10190625]You sure you weren't in B group ? That's usually where some of the crazy passing takes place, recommended A group lap time is 2:10, if you weren't keeping pace then maybe you were part of the problem and next time maybe drop down to B group, [/QUOT
Really! I'm sure it was A group. And I had a faster pace then some of the other riders in A group, dont woory about my pace. I had some dude tried to pass me on turn 3 from the outside mid turn and crashed! I dont think I've been at a trackday with so many crashes, more then 7 crashes, riders crashing in c group yeah fun times
Iz~OCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:45 PM   #25
East Bay Blake
Rookie

Motorcycles: Aprilia, KTM, Ducati
Name: Blake
As a first timer out there I will say I had a great time. I know there were definitely some ďnon C groupĒ riders in C group as I recognized a couple from street rides Iíve been on, but what a rush to be out there. First time someone flew by me was a bit disconcerting but made me much more aware of what was going on. After that it was great. Definitely want to go again and am encouraged that my wife (and kids) are on board with the desire to become a better rider.
Thanks to John and Bruce for letting this track newbie hang with them in the paddock and answer all the questions aimed at them. Great couple of guys.

The hook has been firmly planted!! Canít wait for the next one
East Bay Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:16 AM   #26
89fj
late braking

Contributor +

Motorcycles: yamaha FJ-09 S1000RR
Name: John
Nov. 12 is the next one
89fj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:03 PM   #27
bambamb43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Bay Blake View Post
As a first timer out there I will say I had a great time. I know there were definitely some ďnon C groupĒ riders in C group as I recognized a couple from street rides Iíve been on, but what a rush to be out there. First time someone flew by me was a bit disconcerting but made me much more aware of what was going on. After that it was great. Definitely want to go again and am encouraged that my wife (and kids) are on board with the desire to become a better rider.
Thanks to John and Bruce for letting this track newbie hang with them in the paddock and answer all the questions aimed at them. Great couple of guys.

The hook has been firmly planted!! Canít wait for the next one
Hey Blake it was great meeting you guys, both of you have beautiful bikes, I'm glad the hook set, I wasn't sure if you would want to do it again, first day is a lot to take in but then you're on a high for a few days after, I'm always on like a track high for 3 or 4 days after then start jonesing till next track day !! Hope to see you guys out there again soon
Old 10-19-2018, 10:21 PM   #28
Slow Goat
Fun Junkie

Motorcycles: Make me feel better about life...
Name: Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89fj View Post
Nov. 12 is the next one
CaliTrackDays has one on November 5th if you canít wait.
Slow Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:14 AM   #29
SickofRats
Squoctopus

Contributor

Motorcycles: cbr 954 cbr1000rr
Name: Mason
anyone on this thread in B group? I got a few sessions of footage...
SickofRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:29 PM   #30
SVJ
Where'd my bike go?

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 1000+300+150+50=:)
Name: -J
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickofRats View Post
anyone on this thread in B group? I got a few sessions of footage...
Post 'em up!
SVJ is offline   Reply With Quote