Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > 1Rider

Old 09-17-2018, 03:54 PM   #481
bikeama
Super Moderator

AMA #: 1097
BARF Moderator
Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: 2016 Multistrada ST
Name: Bill
Went riding yesterday with an 80-year-old rider. 350+ miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeama View Post
Had a great ride, 9 of us made the ride up and over Tioga and Sonora Pass. The picture is at Olmstead Point in Yosemite. Great way to celebrate my birthday, riding with friends in the Sierra's. The gentleman in the lower right of the picture is Arnold Castelhano. Arnold is now 80 years young and still riding. My inspiration for what I want to be doing in 12 years. Not many 80-year-olds doing 350+ miles rides. Added a couple of pictures of Arnold back in the 60's.

bikeama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:49 AM   #482
afm199
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor +++++++++ ++++++++++++++3%

Motorcycles: Yamasuzhonaki 1450
Name: Beelzebub
Love it!
Old 10-03-2018, 02:59 PM   #483
canyonrat
Veteran Knee Dragger

Founding Member
Contributor +

Motorcycles: 2007 GSXR750
Name: Mark
I'm 51 and don't yet experience reflex reaction issues, I do experience general energy/weakness issues when exhausted but when I'm rested I'm still fast and good to go.

So I think that there is a graduated process. Ride different bikes, ride differently, then when that no longer works, then quit.

You could still take handfuls of cash and go help out racers! Hopefully you will have disposable income in retirement.

When you can no longer walk to the track, then post on BARF. When you can no longer type then pray for a quick death.

Star trek:

Volcans, "live long and prosper."

Kingons, "live well and die quick.

I agree with Klingon philosophy.

The great question before us is not if God exists, or if there is life after death, or how did reality or the universe get created. But rather, is our brain the creator of consciousness or the receiver of consciousness?

I believe it is the receiver and that then opens up a great adventure a head of us.

I'll go one step further. I believe that many of the "fast" riders, pilots, racers, scuba divers, etc. living now, will be again together in 200 or 300 years as earth launches a fleet of ships, big bulky cement hulled ships with some amazing engines and then we will make contact with others and they will be shocked when we jump into their orbits.

Hear, "I am", send me an angel. As I ride, may an angel fly at my side!

"I sence much BEER in you", Yoda (American Jedi Master).

A friend gave me a book about the ills of drinking, so I stopped reading.
canyonrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:28 PM   #484
DAVER6
Veteran

Motorcycles: R6,
Name:
Talking still riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm199 View Post
Love it!
ernie,

I am 68, still doing track days , infact just ordered a new Dainese track suit,

I will have to introduce myself to you next year at a keigwins track day

dave
DAVER6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:37 PM   #485
kxmike
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2018 KTM350xc-f, 2017 r6, 2017 KTMrc390, 06 drz sm, two first gen r6's
Name: mike
I'm 61 and been riding since 1968. I raced motocross for 25 years and had a lot of injuries...some were serious....but I'm still riding street and dirt! I have days where I'm not able to ride because of back pain (I have two fused vertebrae and lots of arthritis) but I have more good days than bad and the "good" days are awesome! I did at least 8 track days this year, raced a TT and rode hundreds of miles off road as well as canyon carving the local twisties. I bought three new bikes this year and don't have any plans of slowing down just yet! This stuff keeps me young and alive!
Old 10-12-2018, 08:59 AM   #486
Maddevill
KNGKAW

AMA #: 542337

Motorcycles: ZX14,GS750E, RM250
Name: Steve
I'm also 60. I've been paying attention to how I am riding. If I feel I'm losing my edge, not seeing things clearly, reaction times etc. I may be delusional but I feel like my riding is as good as ever. I also ride a dual sport KTM 450 EXC. Now on THAT I can tell my skills have slipped. Mainly because I don't spend much time on dirt, and am not in the shape I used to be.

Mad