Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Motards/Supermoto

Old 10-09-2018, 03:04 PM   #31
Guoseph
Veteran

Contributor +1%
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: Husqvarna 701E, KTM 250 EXC, Beta Techno 250
Name: Alex
You sumo guys have such clean bikes
Guoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:50 AM   #32
stan23
Veteran

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100 S, 2017 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R
Name: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody146 View Post
thanks man!

jeez! yea, sometimes the world drops hints on us.

went out to ride the other day and it started raining...i took the hint and went home.

i have officially ridden! went out for a 75 mile loop yesterday. had to pull over after 30 miles and just stretch the knee out..only took maybe 45 seconds.
watch out by calero! the road is all dug up. regardless. the bike is AWESOME! i love it!!

didn't have to wait until june for that 1 wheel action! comes right up in 1st and 2nd! the riding style suits me. i have always liked bikes with handlebars and this one is no different! it seriously lacks the power of and s1000, but i knew that buying it. the only time i had a power issue is when i was stuck behind a car and i would normally barley blip the throttle on s1k, this bike i did not feel confident enough to pass in a spot i Always would ( very long straight with great lines of sight)

bottom line. i am very happy with this bike and will enjoy smoking some supersports in the twistys when i get back to that aggressive of riding.
Go ride up mt umunum and the bike will feel like it's at home!
stan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:52 PM   #33
JesasaurusRex
Veteran

Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Are Gay
Name: Rex
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan23 View Post

Changed some more stuff. Added intake, PCV map for all mods, and graphics kit.

Bike is running really well. Very snappy throttle response, good power - roll on throttle in 2nd will hoist the front, and still 120+ miles to the tank. Rode to SF and back and thought I was on a twin on the highway.
So now that you got the intake and pc5 (even tho i said it wasn't worth it) what are your thoughts on them?

soliqsoliq - "Miatas can be cool I like to think of my bike as the Miata of motorcycles--underpowered and often considered a chick's vehicle..."
JesasaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:36 PM   #34
stan23
Veteran

Contributor +

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesasaurusRex View Post
So now that you got the intake and pc5 (even tho i said it wasn't worth it) what are your thoughts on them?
I tried a bunch of different maps and settled for the DJ 003 map on their website for open intake and slip on - I was not impressed at all by the rottweiler maps. The bike felt choked up, it just didn't feel much difference from stock.

Overall, I think the PCV made a huge difference in the way the bike rides. More power from off idle to mid throttle. The throttle is much more responsive now, which is really what I cared for the most.

Overall, the bike rides exactly like I want it too, spins up quick, snappy and no flat spots.

I remember what you said, and I also felt the same way with some of the maps I tried.

The power delivery felt so nice that I never bothered to put on my 15t front sprocket.

My mileage stayed the same, about 120 before the light came on and I rolled into the gas station at 130 with a quarter gallon to spare.

i'm peeling off that graphics kit now
Old 10-11-2018, 04:40 AM   #35
JesasaurusRex
Veteran

Contributor ++++

Quote:
I tried a bunch of different maps and settled for the DJ 003 map on their website for open intake and slip on - I was not impressed at all by the rottweiler maps. The bike felt choked up, it just didn't feel much difference from stock.

Overall, I think the PCV made a huge difference in the way the bike rides. More power from off idle to mid throttle. The throttle is much more responsive now, which is really what I cared for the most.

Overall, the bike rides exactly like I want it too, spins up quick, snappy and no flat spots.

I remember what you said, and I also felt the same way with some of the maps I tried.

The power delivery felt so nice that I never bothered to put on my 15t front sprocket.

My mileage stayed the same, about 120 before the light came on and I rolled into the gas station at 130 with a quarter gallon to spare.

i'm peeling off that graphics kit now
Maybe that's my issue then, i'm still rocking the rott map and it's pretty underwhelming when compared to the factory deal.

DJ003 is on the PC site? I'll try it out.

You got the rottweiler intake and a wings slip on and that's the extent ya?

soliqsoliq - "Miatas can be cool I like to think of my bike as the Miata of motorcycles--underpowered and often considered a chick's vehicle..."
Old 10-11-2018, 06:12 AM   #36
DTM74
It's not my fault...

Contributor +++++++++1%
Roadside Angel Contributor

Motorcycles: Seven-Oh-One
Name: Dan
So maybe just a PCV alone is the way to go? Skip the Rottweiler intake...
DTM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:27 AM   #37
JesasaurusRex
Veteran

Contributor ++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM74 View Post
So maybe just a PCV alone is the way to go? Skip the Rottweiler intake...
Id skip both at this point. I'll get back to you on the other map. Doubt ill be blown away but hey you never know. Slip on and fuel dongle is what id recommend at this moment in time. Should have a few miles and new map this weekend and will post results.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:29 AM   #38
DTM74
It's not my fault...

Contributor +++++++++1%
Roadside Angel Contributor

Motorcycles: Seven-Oh-One
Name: Dan
Quote:
Id skip both at this point. I'll get back to you on the other map. Doubt ill be blown away but hey you never know. Slip on and fuel dongle is what id recommend at this moment in time. Should have a few miles and new map this weekend and will post results.
10/4
DTM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:06 AM   #39
stan23
Veteran

Contributor +

I dont think the fuel dongle did anything other than giving me a piece of mind.

Remember, the dongle only affects the closed loop map, which is maintenance throttle. Doesn't add more fuel. Just allows the bike to stay in the 'richer' closed loop map at small throttle openings. Wack the throttle, and the open loop map takes over--and this is what the PCV fuel tables and ignition timing does the most gains.

Now remember, every bike is different, so a OTS map may work for me, may not work for you. Best is to get dyno tuned so you can see real AFR numbers.

I noticed when I compared the rottweiler map to the DJ 003 one, that rottweiler leans out certain throttle openings vs adding more fuel in the DJ map. Maybe my bike just didn't like it . Not sure.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:14 PM   #40
JesasaurusRex
Veteran

Contributor ++++

Quote:
I dont think the fuel dongle did anything other than giving me a piece of mind.

Remember, the dongle only affects the closed loop map, which is maintenance throttle. Doesn't add more fuel. Just allows the bike to stay in the 'richer' closed loop map at small throttle openings. Wack the throttle, and the open loop map takes over--and this is what the PCV fuel tables and ignition timing does the most gains.

Now remember, every bike is different, so a OTS map may work for me, may not work for you. Best is to get dyno tuned so you can see real AFR numbers.

I noticed when I compared the rottweiler map to the DJ 003 one, that rottweiler leans out certain throttle openings vs adding more fuel in the DJ map. Maybe my bike just didn't like it . Not sure.
I hate you Stan

Anyways, i got off early today and loaded the map and went on a 20 min ride. The rottweiler map is so much better on my bike. The pc map felt a lot lazier. I glanced over both maps like you and noticed the same thing, the pc map is richer than the rott one. I wonder how much our 2 different environments (you in relatively dry CA and me in relatively not TX) have to do with that.

Anyways, i'm glad you think the intake/pc5 was worth the expense. I still don't. Guess i'm just glass half empty

BUTTTTT, in other news, i did get a chance to use the helmet mount set up i put together for my gopro the first time so guess it wasn't a complete waste of time

youtu.be/raqQcOmvAZI

Old 10-11-2018, 07:23 PM   #41
stan23
Veteran

Contributor +

Quote:
I hate you Stan

Anyways, i got off early today and loaded the map and went on a 20 min ride. The rottweiler map is so much better on my bike. The pc map felt a lot lazier. I glanced over both maps like you and noticed the same thing, the pc map is richer than the rott one. I wonder how much our 2 different environments (you in relatively dry CA and me in relatively not TX) have to do with that.

Anyways, i'm glad you think the intake/pc5 was worth the expense. I still don't. Guess i'm just glass half empty

BUTTTTT, in other news, i did get a chance to use the helmet mount set up i put together for my gopro the first time so guess it wasn't a complete waste of time

youtu.be/raqQcOmvAZI
haha, sorry man. I guess different bike/conditions, etc matter!

Nice wheelie brother, doesn't seem like your bike is lacking any power
Old 10-12-2018, 04:33 AM   #42
JesasaurusRex
Veteran

Contributor ++++

Quote:
haha, sorry man. I guess different bike/conditions, etc matter!

Nice wheelie brother, doesn't seem like your bike is lacking any power
All good homie

Know what, if i didn't think the bike was already over priced I guess it'd have been a bit of an easier pill to swallow. Another $700 on top of what's already a few grand more than it should be was just kinda yuck. I've got over 3000 miles on it now and most of that is on the rott map. Trying the pc5 map felt noticeably down on power. My thinking is the factory map is already leaner than both the maps we're using but my bike/environment doesn't like as much fuel which is why it didn't feel like it picked up on as much power since it went from lean to a bit richer. Your bike/environment needs the fuel and you went from lean to a lot richer so your bike picked up more. Just speaking out loud here

Anyways, i still think you should give the -1 a try. Probably the easiest mod to install out of all the ones you've done so far.

111mph with the -1 and 130 with the 0...or so i've heard

Old 10-12-2018, 07:04 AM   #43
Junkie
re-tarded

Contributor + 3%

Motorcycles: SV1000,WR450tards (03 for sale),YZ426tard
Name: Daniel
Do you have straight gas there, vs E10 here maybe?
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:25 AM   #44
JesasaurusRex
Veteran

Contributor ++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Do you have straight gas there, vs E10 here maybe?
every once in a blue moon you can find a gas station with straight gas but most of it is E10. High octane is all 93 though and E85 isn't too hard to come by.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:44 AM   #45
JesasaurusRex
Veteran

Contributor ++++

I just spent a little more time than i initially did and compared maps side by side and the 2 maps are almost identical with ignition advance exactly the same @ everything above 4250 rpm. rott seems a c*nt hair richer

which rott map do you have stan?

Last edited by JesasaurusRex; 10-12-2018 at 09:48 AM..