Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Community > Kitchen Sink

Old 02-11-2018, 01:50 PM   #46
KooLaid
Hippocritapotamus

Motorcycles: 2 wheelers
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climber View Post
The rats were over-running the properly, you could easily see at least 6 rats with a 4 minute walk through the barn at the start of the summer, by the end you could walk through the barn for 15 minutes and not see a single one. On one day, I had 8 dead rats down below the barn, I shot one, and when the next came out to chow on it I'd shoot that one.

You know that young boys are all natural born killers.
I think I read about this somewhere, white, male, liked killing helpless animals as a youth....
KooLaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:20 PM   #47
Climber
Ride to live

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Motorcycles: 02 F4i
Name: Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by KooLaid View Post
I think I read about this somewhere, white, male, liked killing helpless animals as a youth....
It's easy to take cheap shots at people.

Rats are bad, I eliminated them, nothing wrong with enjoying the challenge of doing so.

You can read it any way you want, I didn't turn into a serial murderer, nor a wife or girlfriend beater, nor a criminal. So much for your insinuations.
Got tired of the CHP-funded P.O.S. incident page and made my own for motorcycles in the Bay area and surrounding zones: Bay Area CHP Motorcycle Incidentsj**NOTE** I added Sacramento, Monterey and San Luis Obisbo on 4/22/2018.

Hollywood depends on the suspension of disbelief. Trump depends on the suspension of critical thinking skills.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:44 PM   #48
bruceflinch
I love Da Whores

Contributor ++++++++++

Motorcycles: Present: Cage Past 305SS RD400 CB500 RD250 CB360 XS650 R1200R XT225 ST1300 Vstrom 650
Name: Bruce
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM74 View Post
If only we had an army of feral cats...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankpage View Post
I hear they make for great emotional support animals and not afraid of flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchslip View Post
Exactly, my first thought.

It is amazing how vermin go wild because humans eliminate all the predators, first. Then we are all upset that we have too many vermin. Wait till the deer really return in earnest and people are demanding their annihilation because the deer eat their stupid roses and posies.

Humans are selfish, dumb, violent and over populating the planet worse than anything ever imagined. Virtually all world problems (and arguments in the kitchen sink) could be resolved by having fewer people.

Quote:

Rats are bad, I eliminated them, nothing wrong with enjoying the challenge of doing so.

You can read it any way you want, I didn't turn into a serial murderer, nor a wife or girlfriend beater, nor a criminal. So much for your insinuations.
I think Kool Aid was yankin your Franklin.
as kids,We loved going to the city dump to shoot rats.
Namaste!
bruceflinch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:46 PM   #49
Brokenlink
Read only user

Contributor++++

Motorcycles: FZ-09 DRZ400
Name: Mike
Quote:

Well that's the problem. It's not that you killed rats, it's that serial killers are rampant these days. If they would have stuck with rats, they could have made a difference in society. Instead they kill people. What the hell? They deserve the death penalty.

How do you feel about the death penalty? And are you republican?
Brokenlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:48 PM   #50
KooLaid
Hippocritapotamus

Motorcycles: 2 wheelers
Name:
LoL. I didn't insinuate anything. I just remembered reading something about that. Its not like I called you a crazy gun loving, helpless animal shooting republican.

Last edited by KooLaid; 02-11-2018 at 02:50 PM..
KooLaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:48 PM   #51
Ridley
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2007 Ducati Monster S2R800
Name: Justin
This has turned into a conversation between the owner of Chick-fil-a, Burger King and a psychiatrist.

If someone is worried about climber being a serial killer after a few rats, can imagine what I’m thought of because of the elk, deer, pronghorn, and countless birds I’ve killed and eaten.

Last edited by Ridley; 02-11-2018 at 03:50 PM..
Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:54 PM   #52
Schnellbandit
Read only user

Motorcycles: Suzuki Bandits Italian stallion
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_the_koi View Post
I for one have a problem with people raising chickens in their back yard.

It's a public nuisance and creates nothing beneficial to the public. It takes away from the hard working chicken growers and egg Farmers across the country because Joe suburbia wants fresh eggs.

He doesn't even realize all the good stuff the government puts into those eggs to help him.

I could post a bunch of links to egg farming standards but I feel I've made my point.
Wait until you see the petition going around that all chcikens must be cage fee in California.

What we really need though are more eagles. Eagles can deal with the Nutria, the Turkey Vultures will help cleanup.

Wait, before someone turns loose a breeding pair of Harpy Eagles, I was just kidding. I read where they pull monkeys out of trees so they need to stay away from playgrounds.

Not enough Harpy Eagles, too many Nutria. A match. With higher temps, they'd make it.

Last edited by Schnellbandit; 02-11-2018 at 03:58 PM..
Schnellbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:00 PM   #53
Climber
Ride to live

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Motorcycles: 02 F4i
Name: Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnellbandit View Post
Wait until you see the petition going around that all chcikens must be cage fee in California.

What we really need though are more eagles. Eagles can deal with the Nutria, the Turkey Vultures will help cleanup.

Wait, before someone turns loose a breeding pair of Harpy Eagles, I was just kidding. I read where they pull monkeys out of trees so they need to stay away from playgrounds.

Not enough Harpy Eagles, too many Nutria. A match. With higher temps, they'd make it.
You're assuming that the Eagles would like the taste of these rodents...
Got tired of the CHP-funded P.O.S. incident page and made my own for motorcycles in the Bay area and surrounding zones: Bay Area CHP Motorcycle Incidentsj**NOTE** I added Sacramento, Monterey and San Luis Obisbo on 4/22/2018.

Hollywood depends on the suspension of disbelief. Trump depends on the suspension of critical thinking skills.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:15 PM   #54
Yakoo752
USN

AMA # 3164290
Contributor ++++++2%

Motorcycles: CRF450x, TT600, M900
Name:
They enjoyed eating the patriots
Cygnus 12.02.10
Yakoo752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:35 PM   #55
Schnellbandit
Read only user

Motorcycles: Suzuki Bandits Italian stallion
Name:
Quote:
You're assuming that the Eagles would like the taste of these rodents...
Has to taste better than monkey. If not, thats what Tapatio is for.
Schnellbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:09 PM   #56
Ridley
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2007 Ducati Monster S2R800
Name: Justin
Mmmmm tapatio!!!
Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:41 PM   #57
CABilly
Splitter

Contributor + + + + + + + + +

Motorcycles: M900
Name: Billy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CABilly View Post
Here's a great show about this exact problem and how it was addressed in a relatively small ecosystem.

http://www.themeateater.com/podcasts...h-eradication/
Cool story bro I emailed the biologist from this show and he wrote me back a few hrs later. He says he and his team have been in fact contacted by CA DFW. Hopefully we're able to nip this infestation in the bud.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:28 AM   #58
bruceflinch
I love Da Whores

Contributor ++++++++++

Motorcycles: Present: Cage Past 305SS RD400 CB500 RD250 CB360 XS650 R1200R XT225 ST1300 Vstrom 650
Name: Bruce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakoo752 View Post
They enjoyed eating the patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABilly View Post
Cool story bro I emailed the biologist from this show and he wrote me back a few hrs later. He says he and his team have been in fact contacted by CA DFW. Hopefully we're able to nip this infestation in the bud.
Typical CA GOVT move. Nip the problem in the (20 year old) bud...

Just like eradicating feral pigs.
Pigs are nocturnal. CA says Open Season All Year. Can only hunt from 1 hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset...
Namaste!
bruceflinch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:33 AM   #59
Eldritch
is insensitive

Top Percent Poster

Motorcycles: Honda 919: Apocalypse Edition
Name: Asmodeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by lam@barf View Post
Florida is having good results from authorizing citizen volunteers to trap or kill Burmese Pythons. Point your local legislators to info on that program?
These Nutria are immigrants to California and deserve protection under the law. I demand Eleventybillion dollars from the State to protect them from Trapping, Hunting, Bullying, Bad Feels, Automobiles (which are racist to drive), Meat Eating (which is only for nazis), and Ghostgun bullet clips that can shoot a 30 magazine ghost clip in seconds of magazine clip.

If you do not support this legislation you are a racist.

"I approve of any development that makes it more difficult for governments and criminals to monopolize the use of force. ~Eric S. Raymond
Eldritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:03 AM   #60
RRR70
The Gun Guy

AMA #: 1019218
Friendly Ukrainian Gun Dealer
BARFIE winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor ! +++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++BB

Motorcycles: KTM 1190 - orange pig. 2005 FXSTI
Name: Roman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldritch View Post
These Nutria are immigrants to California and deserve protection under the law. I demand Eleventybillion dollars from the State to protect them from Trapping, Hunting, Bullying, Bad Feels, Automobiles (which are racist to drive), Meat Eating (which is only for nazis), and Ghostgun bullet clips that can shoot a 30 magazine ghost clip in seconds of magazine clip.

If you do not support this legislation you are a racist.
Can I kill them just a little bit? They making bitchin hats.
Is it time for the revolution?
Steven Hempler 12/02/2010
"I don't go around looking for trouble, but I'm ready when trouble comes looking for me."
RRR70 is offline   Reply With Quote