Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Riderís Rights. Presented by Cycle Gear > Streetriders Rights

Old 06-14-2017, 08:52 PM   #1
atxej

Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple
Name:
Vote on San Francisco Proposal to Allow shared Scoots to park in metered motorcycle spaces for free

Scoot is lobbying to allow their scooters to park for free and indefinitely in metered and unmetered spaces. The proposal also allows them to park between metered spaces for free. The vote will be June 20 at 1 pm, room 401 in City Hall.

I don't mind Scoot, but I don't like the terms of this proposal. If Scoots start taking reserved motorcycle spaces, that leaves fewer spaces for riders with their own bikes, and leave them susceptible to receiving tickets or hit and runs if parking between cars.

At a minimum, I don't believe that Scoots should be allowed to park indefinitely at meters, and that private motorcycles should be treated equivalently, if Scoots are allowed to park between meters.

Please email your opposition to:
ed.reiskin@sfmta.com
MTABoard@sfmta.com
mayoredwinlee@sfgov.org

https://scoot.co/stories/parking-fre...m_content=blog

https://www.sfmta.com/sites/default/...une%202017.pdf
atxej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:56 PM   #2
KrustyKruser
El Chingon

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 2013 Zero DS 13.0 Enginecycles: DucAudi and Buell
Name:
Am I allowed to voice opposition while not being SF resident? I do visit and ride my bike, and I think the Scoot Proposal is BS.

Just cause your piece is at the gunsmith, it doesn't mean you're not a gunfighter. You need a back-up piece. ↔ russ69
KrustyKruser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:12 PM   #3
atxej

Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple
Name:
If you park in the city then you're relevant. I'm sure they'll tally your opposition via email.

I've already run into the problem where a scoot is taking up a motorcycle stall in a non-metered residential neighborhood, instead of parking between cars or somewhere else. It's a dick move, except most of their riders don't know any better.

The only plus will be if they let everyone park between metered spaces for free.
atxej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:30 PM   #4
oaklandish
Lion of Judah

AMA #: 2912175
Group Rider
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor +

Motorcycles: Japanese
Name: Rowan
I think this already happened. I work in SF and scoots park for free out front on the street in motorcycle parking.
I remember reading that they already paid something like 200-300 dollars a year per bike to allow this.

Last edited by oaklandish; 01-12-2018 at 05:31 PM..
oaklandish is offline   Reply With Quote