Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Net-Moto   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Community > Kitchen Sink

Old Today, 03:07 PM   #856
Dubbington
Slamdunk Champion

Contributor

Motorcycles: EX Street Triple ;(
Name: Dubs
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowling4Bikes View Post
man, that sucks about cp3. now there's excuses if the Ws end up winning.
I was thinking this however, that why itís a series of 7 games. Fault to Rockets not winning one of the first 2 games. You gotta bear a team 4 times. Game 6 looks doubtful for Rockets. Game 7 I honestly feel cp3 will be out or very limited. Baring Warriors win tomorrow.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion!

Quote:
Barack Obama ain't taking my shotguns, so don't buy that malarkey. Ö I've got two, if he tries to fool with my Beretta, he's got a problem. -Biden
Dubbington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:14 PM   #857
Dubbington
Slamdunk Champion

Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Arean View Post
I am completely confused by Kerr's coaching bit on the sideline to KD. KD was the reason they dominated in first win. I remember the expert panel afterwards saying that the Rockets had strategies for all of the Dubs EXCEPT KD becuase he made shots right over the top of other guys...

Last night, for the first half, KD played the Rockets-style game and charged the paint for fouls. Fine, if that's what it takes but it wasn't pretty. But to tell him to pass it off and trust, who, quin cook? Draymond? DWest? And he stopped charging that way, or maybe he got called, its a bit of a blur.

He looked distant and disengaged in second half.

What a weird turnabout. Harden seemed out of it, too, making the CP loss even more perilous for Rockets and fans..But in a way, he seemed repeatedly miffed that he didn't get his auto foul bit.

What is it about this particular set of millionaires? I have NO idea who wins next two games.

A part of me feels the Warriors don't deserve to win this series or Finals because they have been trying to phone it in this year and it pisses me off. They have finally gone to the brink of the brink of the brink, yet may still win.

On the other hand is the constant: what do I know anyway, just a fan, not much of a bball player at that....How can they not be affected by going to three Finals in a row? They actually DO know about conserving energy, they do know what its like to win 73 and lose the Finals.

Perceptions are such an odd things. Watching that game made me feel like neither team wanted to even be there anymore though obviously the Rockets are hungrier. All that money and fame ain't enough. I got this feeling over and over watching Durant, fantasizing him leaving the sport (or the Dubs) as nuts as that sounds...And Harden too, though he was moving pretty quickly trying to defend. I always get a low-energy vibe from Harden but he truly seemed out of it last night. At home! Go figger.

PS About CP. Thing is, I have been wondering who of the Rockets was going to get hurt anyway. It's kind of inevitable at the level and desperation of playoffs. Our guys are getting banged up and now one of them is too...
Warriors arenít used to playing close games or with pressure. Thatís my assumption with their late game failings. They get nervous and timid and then iso ball sets in. Then harden, cp3, or Gordon drive to the rim and get fouls. Happening last 2 games. Warriors miss, Rockets get a foul, stop clock and 2 free points. Rinse and repeat especially when Warriors in the 4th stop driving and take bad shots.

That layup curry tried to tie it was terrible. Off glass on the angle? They stopped setting screens and double screens. Then Quinn cook got scared.

Warriors need to drive more, stop clock and get rockets into foul trouble. Their assists have dropped too. Part is rockets defense and man on press ball.

Quote:
Barack Obama ain't taking my shotguns, so don't buy that malarkey. Ö I've got two, if he tries to fool with my Beretta, he's got a problem. -Biden
Old Today, 03:17 PM   #858
Dubbington
Slamdunk Champion

Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXCLM5 View Post
He is doing what the coach tells you.

He got lectured, then he passed the ball the next 3 times when he brought it up from back court.

All 3 times the players missed on his assist.

So KD iso the next possession and nails it.

Also Kerr kinda downplayed KD iso and said its never ever a bad idea to let KD post up in the after the game interview
Kd keeps getting guarded by cp3. In the 2nd half heís go to shoot over and a helper would come over and double Kd. They need to pass more early
In the clock. If the Kd post up is there great but too often itís happening early and warriors are standing around.

Weíll see what adjustments are made for game 6 and 7.

Quote:
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #859
asdfghwy
Veteran

Motorcycles: Fast one
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbington View Post
Kd keeps getting guarded by cp3. In the 2nd half he’s go to shoot over and a helper would come over and double Kd. They need to pass more early
In the clock. If the Kd post up is there great but too often it’s happening early and warriors are standing around.

We’ll see what adjustments are made for game 6 and 7.
The thing is, KD shouldn't even be able to get guarded by cp3. He has almost a foot of height on him + his shot would be another few inches above that.

CP3 switch on KD should be buckets all night
asdfghwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:54 PM   #860
jdhu
Veteran

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: 2014 R6
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfghwy View Post
The thing is, KD shouldn't even be able to get guarded by cp3. He has almost a foot of height on him + his shot would be another few inches above that.

CP3 switch on KD should be buckets all night
Agreed. Hasn't KD done OK with CP on him? He's burned Capela, and pretty much everyone else.
jdhu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:55 PM   #861
jdhu
Veteran

Contributor +++

Name:
I say this hopefully among friends...it is refreshing to see nervous GSW fans!
Old Today, 04:07 PM   #862
Bowling4Bikes
turn 6 party crew

Contributor + BB

Motorcycles: '02 Ducati ST4s, '97 Triumph Speed Triple, '92 XR250L
Name: D
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhu View Post
I say this hopefully among friends...it is refreshing to see nervous GSW fans!
hey your team is earning it for sure. they've pulled out the close games. they have an answer for the Ws runs. It'll be real tough to get the 4th game, even with cp3, but I think Houston has well-earned the respect they should be given. And if they win the series, there should be no excuses or asterisks.
Bowling4Bikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:10 PM   #863
jdhu
Veteran

Contributor +++

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowling4Bikes View Post
hey your team is earning it for sure. they've pulled out the close games. they have an answer for the Ws runs. It'll be real tough to get the 4th game, even with cp3, but I think Houston has well-earned the respect they should be given. And if they win the series, there should be no excuses or asterisks.
Thank you sir. I've enjoyed the discussion.

I also think GSW has to be favored at this point, even though they have to sweep. Rockets missing a key player is just too much to overcome.

Having said that, the Rockets probably win tomorrow, lol....
Old Today, 04:15 PM   #864
Bluehot
Veteran

Motorcycles: Triumph
Name:
I told my wife with 4-1/2 minutes left to turn it off. I just get frustrated with the high school caliber ball GS displays at times.
I think someone should explain target fixation to Draymond before he throws another pass. When he gets sloppy the whole team seems to follow.
I'm no expert but a crisp pass works better than a lob to cut down on turn overs.
Bluehot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:26 PM   #865
Bay Arean
Veteran

Motorcycles: Bonneville
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbington View Post
Warriors arenít used to playing close games or with pressure.
Yeah, they were saying it on the radio especially given their playoff record where they won most games by over 13 points or some darn thing.

In the regular season, it seemed like any time it was that close, they just went ahead and lost the game, now that I think of it, no matter whether opposing team was high or low in the standings.

What happened to all that swagger? Bizarre. Oh well, just human beings after all.

Surprise me tomorrow.
Bay Arean is offline   Reply With Quote