Mellow Group Ride Sunday 3/29

calai

Moto(s)
Honda 599
Name
Charles
Meet Place: Starbucks at Calaveras & Park Victoria (1197 East Calaveras Blvd, Milpitas)
Meet time: 9:30 AM, stands up 10:00 AM (Please be on time)
RAIN CANCELS THE RIDE.

Arrive with a full tank of gas. There's fuel stations at corner of Calaveras & Park Victoria. Make sure your bike is in good operating condition.
As usual we will break into groups depending on who shows up (to accommodate varying skill levels) if necessary. Everyone is expected to ride within their comfort level. Safety is our priority.
Experienced riders who wants to ride a mellow pace are always welcome.
Volunteers for lead and sweep always welcome and appreciated.
Goal is for newbies & not so newbies to have a safe fun ride, learn new routes and meet new riders.
Maybe, even learn from the more experienced riders.

Route:
Calaveras
Stop and rest at end of Calaveras (Sunol & 680)
Continue on Niles Canyon Rd
Right on Palomares Rd
Left on Paloverde Rd
Left on Castro Valley Rd
Stop and rest at Shell station on corner of Castro Valley Rd & Redwood Rd.
Right on Redwood Rd
Stop and rest at corner of Redwood Rd and Skyline Blvd
Back down Redwood Rd
Left on Castro Valley Rd
We will break for lunch at :drool Top Thai :drool on Castro Valley Road
Continue on Castro Valley Rd
Right on Paloverde Rd
Right on Palomares Rd
Right Niles Canyon Rd
Left at Mission Blvd
Stop at fuel station on corner of Mission Blvd. & Las Palmas Ave. This is the end of the ride.

been a long time! i'll be there! :thumbup

cool beans. nice and early as i have to work in the afternoon. this thai food better not upset my stomach or it's gonna be a long lunch break.

Please sign me up. I am a newbie and this ride seems very friendly.:thumbup

If I wasn't out of town I would definitely attend this ride.

hmmmm I might be able to make this.....would be nice to go out and finally meet some folks

Hi bshum, not sure what you mean by 84 towards 280, those two freeways are nowhere near each other. The part of 84 that we do is actually niles canyon and it's probably the easiest part of the whole ride considering we do calaveras right before it.

Here's a link to the route:
http://tinyurl.com/d8jxx6

OP... I can't seem to map this w/ my head... but we aren't going down 84 towards the 280 right? I did the downhill down 84 tonight for the first time (I usually exit to go up 84) and it's definitely not noob friendly...

If you have a google map of this ride that would be much appreciated!

you're in the wrong side of 84, this is toward 680 not 280... i tried to load my map but for some reason it got all messed up. :teeth i must be a real nood. :rofl

i'll try to redo it again, actually my laptop is having problem...(yeah, blame it on laptop)

thank you jrBruin for the map...

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Ok.. that makes a lot more sense to me :) I didn't realize that the 84 stretches on the east bay side.... I usually do the Woodside ride (think Alice's)

It'll be fun to do the other side (680)

sounds cool. I am a newbie to the forum and riding ( about 7 months) im in. it doesn't matter the type of bike right.. I have a yamaha xv535 virago and also the dang thing only carrys 1.8 gallons of gas and is at times a hassel to stop and get gas

Ok I'm in didn't know if I would wake up in time... "thanks Mr. rooster alarm tone" :p

I happened to be getting my morning coffee at this Starbucks when I saw everyone heading out.

I also happened to have my camera on me and decided snap a few quick photos.

I was in the black evo IX. I don't own a bike, I just registered to share.

Hope everyone is having a great ride right now.

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

Back