Erik Buell is back

TTTom

Moto(s)
Ducati Multistrada
ERIK BUELL RACING AND AMSOIL ANNOUNCE PARTNERSHIP

Erik Buell Racing LLC is pleased to announce that they have reached an agreement with AMSOIL INC. which includes development and supply of production lubricants for the new EBR motorcycles, as well as a three year sponsorship of the EBR race team in AMA Pro Superbike.

“AMSOIL is a great story of American engineering and entrepreneurship, and we are very proud that they recognize similar characteristics in our new motorcycle company and have chosen to work with us,” said Erik Buell ....

**This post has been edited to comply with TOS 4.12
"Members should not post copyrighted materials without permission of author or photographer as applicable. Links to other publications or materials are allowed along with a short introduction to the material."

Please refrain from such violations in the future and provide a link!! ~ The barf Mod Core**

Buell isn't back till customers buy in a volume that is allowing efficient production.

That also requires dealerships adding the line, and Parts and Mechanics.

That also requires customers that have the money to spend, after all the other demands on their money are met.

Customers that rather buy a Buell, than any of the other choices that are there.

It looks real bad right now, out there.

He's baa-aack !

Wonder if he ever sells out to a big corporate board again.

I'm confused. They're talking about street motorcycles and street use. I though EBR was only allowed to build race bikes and none of the designs developed at Buell were allowed to be used for streetbikes per the agreement with HD.

I'm confused. They're talking about street motorcycles and street use. I though EBR was only allowed to build race bikes and none of the designs developed at Buell were allowed to be used for streetbikes per the agreement with HD.

ya that agreement is over

im hoping the side mount exhaust in the last teaser shot is just a joke or a red herring

2zptlvt.jpg

from http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/erik-buell-racing-1190rs-headed-indy-dealer-expo/

Buell isn't back till customers buy in a volume that is allowing efficient production.

That also requires dealerships adding the line, and Parts and Mechanics.

That also requires customers that have the money to spend, after all the other demands on their money are met.

Customers that rather buy a Buell, than any of the other choices that are there.

It looks real bad right now, out there.

The market he's going after doesn't need the economy to recover and they aren't going through dealerships.

ya that agreement is over

I think it actually ends in just over a week. Same thing though.

And I agree about the side-mount exhaust. I like the idea of the under-belly but they've never managed to make it not look like doo-doo.

Ok, so wait. Will he be able to call his machines Buell again, or no? I'm certainly not buying an "Erik Buell 1125r" Just because I don't want to say things like "I rode my Erik hard last night and man am I sore!" and I would have a hard time buying an EBR 1125r for street just because I know what EBR stands for. Personally, using ones name sounds a little too egomaniac to me in the first place.

I would have a hard time buying an EBR 1125r for street just because I know what EBR stands for.

I'd gladly ride and EBR...but that's because I know what EBRmc stands for :laughing

You can rest assured though, everyone is just going to call them Buells even if EBR can't use the name officially.

Ok, so wait. Will he be able to call his machines Buell again, or no? I'm certainly not buying an "Erik Buell 1125r" Just because I don't want to say things like "I rode my Erik hard last night and man am I sore!" and I would have a hard time buying an EBR 1125r for street just because I know what EBR stands for. Personally, using ones name sounds a little too egomaniac to me in the first place.

So...do you have a problem with Harley-Davidsons, Hondas, and Suzukis?

Just curious. :p

Try "Brough Superior". This guy built motorcycles after his father did and called his "Superior" to piss off his old man...talk about ego.

"W E Brough V 1913Brough Motorcycles were made by William E. Brough in Nottingham, England, from 1908 to 1926.[1] Brough motorcycles were flat-tanked motorcycles that used a variety of engines. The first Brough motorcycles had single-cylinder engines but soon William Brough became devoted to the flat-twin engine design.

Originally William Brough's son, George Brough, was a partner in his father's company, but he split from it in 1919 and started his own factory, also in Nottingham. He named his motorcycles "Brough Superior". Upon hearing the name of the new motorcycle company, his father made the comment, "I suppose that makes mine the Brough Inferior". William Brough continued to produce motorcycles under the original "Brough" marque until 1926."

The 1190 is going to be hand-assembled in very small quantities and the price tag is going to eliminate any potential buyer who isn't wealthy - the same people who haven't been hit by the recession and are buying bikes like the VYRUS and Bimota DB7

So...do you have a problem with Harley-Davidsons, Hondas, and Suzukis?

Just curious. :p

:laughing

Seriously except for your BMW. All your bikes are named after people.

AHHH.

Not this shit again...

I mean seriously, a lot of people would like to see Buell as the The American sportbike company. Myself included, because you know...America, Fuck yeah!

But alternately, I wish that company would get their shit together, because rooting for the underdog sure gets old. At one point one might just opt out and call the company for what it is...a mass market failure.

Back