• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BARF Spring Rally Extension, 5/20/12 (cause we just don't want to go home!)

ThumperX

Slayer of Deer
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Location
Off Elk Mtn
Moto(s)
Different strokes
Big Bore and little bore Thumpers and a Twingle
BARF perks
AMA #: 2817058
WHEN?? May 20th Sunday morning in Paso Robles, we bid our friends farewell mount our ponies and head Southeast towards Ojai. New Cuyama, CA to be exact.;)

WHY? 'Cause we ain't done riding and Henry needs an honest to Christ campfire and Happy promised to leave something on behalf of Craig Hightower. Most of all we're mainly there already so why not?

WHERE?? Song Dog Ranch http://songdog.com/ranch/index.html

How?? on motorcycles of course and the best route we decide on while a little tipsy at the bar the night before :dunno

Who?? that's what I'm here to find out. If there are enough of us I can arrange with Jenny to bring up the chairs, lay out the fire, ice and stock the coolers, and have dinner ready and breakfast prepared Monday morning.

COST $10/head + whatever you want to throw in. Jenny has left us firewood and the lodge is open for us. Sleeping mats, chairs, and a grill are provided bring your own food, charcoal, drinks and sleeping bags.




Once we get a head count we can figure out if we all can fit in the lodge or if we are better pitching tents and sleeping out under the stars.

Song Dog Ranch is a private piece of property where friends are invited to gather and behold the beautiful night sky, tell stories, and enjoy some amazing roads paved or uncivilized whatever floats your boat.

Let's see what kind of interest we can muster, I mean really, what's the best thing you can do after a BARF Rally? KEEP RIDING WITH YOUR FRIENDS :teeth


Nemo Brinker
Revnort
Slowblood
Terma Gant
Uniporn Power
Brewbacca
HIglesias
R3DS!X
 

Attachments

  • riverbed.jpg
    riverbed.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
well, shit, i gotta be down for this one!!!! i will strong arm my employer into giving me the extra days.

now i just have to decide, FJ1200 or Tiger Triumph?
 
looks like 4 so far?
The camping is $5 per head...If we have a large enough group I will get the pricing to have Jenny do the grocery shopping, wood gathering, cooking, and overall comfortizing of the place.

Happy Hornet
Revnort
HIglesias
Unicorn Power
 
Word of mouth Yo
 
Sounds fun, but I need to save my days off for Crater Lake ride in July :D
 
I did order a new tent from PolerStuff.com! Might have to have it's maiden voyage after the rally. Will have to see how the AMA races at Infineon go and figure out our plans to head to Utah the weekend after the rally for the WSBK race weekend.

I suppose if we get everything in order before we leave for the rally we could camp an extra day and then hit the road to Utah.

Will have to see but this sounds awesome!
 
I'm on it. Will see if Terma Gant can join us, too. I'm normally a huge tent fan, but the lodge would be lovely--lighter load to carry and all.

Great idea, G.
 
so i'm putting in my request off stuff for work. i'll need monday the 21st off for sure, but tuesday are well?
 
Up to you. We have a ton of stuffs going on so I will probably head out Monday afternoon :(

It would be good to get a head count together so I can arrange with Jenny how many sleeping mats we need.
 
Up to you. We have a ton of stuffs going on so I will probably head out Monday afternoon :(

It would be good to get a head count together so I can arrange with Jenny how many sleeping mats we need.

alright, sounds good. Friday through Monday, back to work on Tuesday! this is gonna be fun!
 
brewbacca is totally down for this, I've been wanting to go here for years put me down as a plus 1, try to drag nolanomad along to for this epic adventure.
 
btw how many of you are looking forward to riding dirt on your way to or from song dog?

I have an epic ride that I made for saturday, but if this all goes down I might just cut it in half and then head to LA on monday morning instead.
 
Terma Gant and I are gonna do this instead of the Sheetiron after all. IN--all over again!

I'd prefer the lodge to bringing camping gear, but will do what we gotta do. Rode by Songdog on my way through the Carrizo Plain/Hwy 33 area last month, looks like a sweet place.
 
Back
Top