• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Need urgent tow help in Fremont

Nistlerooy

Pushin' Limitz MC SD Cnty
Moto(s)
'09 Ninja 650R
Name
Taylor
Currently my bike is stranded at work and I'm looking for a tow to the shop.

Tonight I rode it in and just as I pulled in it seemed rough, I thought it was just because I was in 1st gear after the security check.

When I went to go start it for lunch, it took 3 tries to turn over and once it did it was pretty rough. It would go from idling at 1500 rpms down to about 600, back to 1500, down to 600. When idling low when I'd rev it the exhaust would sound very off. If I put the RPMs up to, say 5k it would drop to 3k, back to 5, down to 3, up to 5, etc. I think a cylinder is not firing, and my guess is due to a spark plug. Which is odd seeing as it has about 16500 mi and had a major service (spark plugs, valves, throttle, etc.) less than 1000 miles ago--done by the dealer.

Anyway, I am in desperate need of someone with a truck, ramp, and straps to get me from Fremont (Blacow and Central) to Hayward to East Bay Motor Sports. I'll compensate with lunch, beer, cash, whatever.

I work tomorrow (Friday the 6th) at 12:30 so the earlier the better. If you can help I would be really really grateful. You can call or text me, I'll be up late (work until 11:30pm):

Taylor 760.705.8160

Thanks for the help.

I actually came back to clarify. The reason it's urgent is because my bike is my main mode of transportation. I have to get it to the shop tomorrow, wether by truck or flatbed tow.

Thanks again.

I hope you're home by now and can get yourself back to work in the morning via public transit or asking a friend. It's a bit late and if Connie hasn't responded by now, she might be busy or out of range. She'll probably see this in the morning, but if not, the rest of the group subscribed to the other thread will have a notification in the morning and hopefully someone near you will step to your aid :thumbup
(Many have most likely tucked themselves in bed or moved away from the interwebs since you posted pretty late at night.)

:bump for the morning crew. :cool

(He works till 11:30, not sure what time he wakes up...)

:teeth
Yana:banana

Hey Yana (and other mods), maybe it might be worth it to move the thread to the General forum? I know there are some users who don't click the "New Posts" button up top or have customized it to not see other forums. But a large majority still check the General section....

Just for the record, Connie has been up for a bit now and has shot out some texts to local volunteers in your neck of the woods, so hopefully one of them isn't terribly busy today and can give you a hand. Chances are you'll hear via your phone before you'll hear from the thread, so keep your phone charged and ready :thumbup

I'm half way free, but could get loose. 501 207 8766 Robert If you don't find a ride.

Thanks for the response and help, guys. I really appreciate it.

My roommate was able to come get me last night so I made it home. Thanks.

It's just shy of 8am now so I'll give it a couple hours. I know the odds are against me since it's short notice and a working weekday.

Thanks again!

I actually just got off work an hour ago and have no classes today. Would be willing to go give you a ride, but alas, I haven't replaced my truck since I sold it a few months ago. Anybody want to donate to the solomonwantsatruckagain fund? :laughing

On the bright side, most moto shops are open on Saturdays when more people will be able to help with a lift if you don't want to go the tow truck option. I'm assuming you aren't an AMA member, nor have tow coverage through your insurance.

For now, it wouldn't hurt to see if public transit is a feasible option to get yourself to/from work, especially in case it takes the shop a day or two to figure it out or get it to the front of the queue. Maybe there might even be a Zipcar station nearby? :dunno

Robert O.T. Is coming to my rescue! I have a car to be able to get to work and such until my bike is back in shape. Thanks again everyone for all your help!

I haven't heard back from the texts I sent out this morning... one of them has been sick, so he may still be sleeping.
I have a wedding to go to tomorrow, and pre-wedding stuff planned for tonight, but if I can't make other arrangements to help you out, I may be able to haul your bike over early tomorrow morning.

Your other option is to shoot a PM to NOS-Nelson (see my sigline) and see if he's available to come to where your bike is and get it fixed.

Please keep me in the loop with your status, OK? :)

Sorry I was one of the messaged ones, and slept until noon (been under the weather). I didn't see the message until about 10 mins ago, and came to check in. Glad he got delivered, sorry about being MIA.

No need to apologize, thanks for everyone so willing and trying so hard to help me out. Very humbling and I'm do appreciative. Maybe one of these days my work schedule will actually work and I can come to an event :D

A very big thank you, again, to Robert.

The bad news is the shop mechanic had never seen the problem mine is showing before. The good news is he thinks it's just a throttle synch issue, that it may be slipping or something causing the cylinder to drop and not something more serious.

^^^^ I'll cross my fingers for good news! :)

No problem glad I could help. If they can't figure it out let me know and I'll get it fixed up for ya.

Back