Safety, Service & Security :CHP

}Dragon{

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ╯(°□° ╯)
Moto(s)
Your Moms.
Name
Heywood J.
I'm not trying to bag on CHP Traffic Officers;

I called the non-emergency# for CHP SAC to report a bike with a punched ignition parked/11-24 IFO a fire hydrant.

Talked to a few neighbors and they said it was parked up the street. One said "some guys" tried to steal it the other night and they left it there.:nchantr

So CHP arrives 30 mins after I call. The Officers says, why do you think it's 10851? I said look at the ignition!

Not reported as a 10851- reg is out of SoCal and current.

So the Officer says - I'll tag it yellow- call back after 72 hours.

I pointed to the the fire hydrant and said, I'll do the 180 for you.

Officer goes back to his car and comes back and sez "You mind if I move it away from the hydrant?":rolleyes

----------------

I'm a lil upset the thing didn't get towed. Another neighbor called it in a few days back.

Would you call this in?:

Attachments

• 2012-07-06 19.41.02.jpg
    2012-07-06 19.41.02.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 2012-07-06 19.41.13.jpg
    2012-07-06 19.41.13.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 95
I pointed to the the fire hydrant and said, I'll do the 180 for you.

Officer goes back to his car and comes back and sez "You mind if I move it away from the hydrant?":rolleyes

:

Under what authority would you store it for? 22651(e)CVC states: (e) When a vehicle is illegally parked so as to prevent access by firefighting equipment to a fire hydrant and it is impracticable to move the vehicle from in front of the fire hydrant to another point on the highway.

There are always threads about cops over stepping their authority, but if it affects an individual member, it becomes a separate cop bashing thread because the cop didn't overstep their authority to benefit the complainant.

We always talk about individual's rights, so I would think that it is my right to hot wire my own bike to start it, especially if my ignition got messed up in a botched theft attempt. Just because its a hooptie that looks stolen doesn't automatically mean I should incur tow fees for safe keeping just because a concerned citizen thinks its stolen and an eye sore.

i think if there was a firetruck that needed to get to the hydrant, they would just shove it over and do their thing. I've seen pics of a mercedes parked in a red with a fire hose poking through both windows of the back seat !

We always talk about individual's rights, so I would think that it is my right to hot wire my own bike to start it, especially if my ignition got messed up in a botched theft attempt. Just because its a hooptie that looks stolen doesn't automatically mean I should incur tow fees for safe keeping just because a concerned citizen thinks its stolen and an eye sore.

It was left abandoned for a week "according" to another neighbor and no action was taken after they called CHP. The VIN is plate is also missing + the plate is out of SoCal.

The bike was not marked for removal (72 hr).

BTW: This is not a cop bashing thread. I'm not happy with the service

I would think if the VIN plate was missing they would tow it right away. Isn't that in the vehicle code somewhere that there has the be a VIN on a vehicle for it to be on the road?

It was left abandoned for a week "according" to another neighbor and no action was taken after they called CHP. The VIN is plate is also missing + the plate is out of SoCal.

The bike was not marked for removal (72 hr).

BTW: This is not a cop bashing thread. I'm not happy with the service

Can't do anything without finding the RO, which if its out of Socal probably means whoever bought it up here didn't register it. If they can't be bothered to report it stolen then it has to sit for an additional 72 hours after tagging.

i think if there was a firetruck that needed to get to the hydrant, they would just shove it over and do their thing. I've seen pics of a mercedes parked in a red with a fire hose poking through both windows of the back seat !

Yes the firefighters will still get the hose hooked up but that isn't the point. When you are arriving on scene you want to get everything hooked up and running in a quick manner, and when you have to move a motorcycle out of the way or work around a car in your way you are wasting valuable time to respond to the emergency.

Can't do anything without finding the RO, which if its out of Socal probably means whoever bought it up here didn't register it. If they can't be bothered to report it stolen then it has to sit for an additional 72 hours after tagging.

I understand that- but the Officer didn't even mark the wheels and said to call back in 72 hrs. I'm not current on dealing with 11-24s (not sure on the details in Sac), but when I played a cop on TV- the tag/sticker was different and we marked the wheels to ensure it was abandoned/not moved before towing.

For the record: Not bashing anyone, but I can't stand lazy team members that pass stuff on to others.:nchantr Yes, it's more fun (and advantageous) to give tickets and arrest DUI's, but towing shit is time consuming, sucky and part of the job.:shocker

PM me if you want further info; I'm not trying to get anyone into shit and I have not asked for a supervisor.

Ummm, those were stills from Backdraft... :rofl

Lazy pigs with their fat cat pensions retiring as millionaires and can't be bothered to tow a bike.... :p :laughing

Nick ..you get a time out. Considering just banning you ass.

Very respectful of you.

Very respectful of you.

With all do respect Budman, I think Nick was joking or employing sarcasm to emulate a "typical" bashing response.

I initially had the same kind of reaction, then I realized the source. As always, it is your board and decision. :thumbup

OK.. I can see that on a second read. I am sensitive to the bs in this forum that serve teh barf. Apologies Nick.

Sorry guys. I was kind of pissed off because a bunch of chicks cut while I was waiting in line to see Magic Mike. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

OK.. I can see that on a second read. I am sensitive to the bs in this forum that serve teh barf. Apologies Nick.

Thanks Bud. I too had an itchy trigger finger until I saw the poster.

Lazy pigs with their fat cat pensions retiring as millionaires and can't be bothered to tow a bike.... :p :laughing

Very respectful of you.

I have a comment on this. Anyone who frequents the Barf LEO fora often knows that Nick is a LEO and that sometimes he makes sarcastic/humorous comments like this. Knowing where he is coming from, his comment doesn't bother me at all. In fact, sometimes I make sarcastic and humorous comments too.

I would just suggest toning it down a bit. The problem is that people who only search or check in here occasionally might not know he is a LEO and might read comments like this as bashing. Unchecked, that could create an atmosphere that invites real bashing that none of us want.

It also could set up the appearance of a double standard where LEOs are allowed to make certain comments that others are not. Well, let's be honest, there is a double standard, but this is not anything exclusive to this forum or to LEOs, it exists everywhere. I just hope it is done in a way that doesn't give the appearance of, or encourage, actual bashing.

That is all.

That's a good point, Dave. I didn't think of that.

I was also joking about being in line to see Magic Mike... Not that there's anything wrong with that. :p

Last edited:
I have a comment on this. Anyone who frequents the Barf LEO fora often knows that Nick is a LEO and that sometimes he makes sarcastic/humorous comments like this. Knowing where he is coming from, his comment doesn't bother me at all. In fact, sometimes I make sarcastic and humorous comments too.

I would just suggest toning it down a bit. The problem is that people who only search or check in here occasionally might not know he is a LEO and might read comments like this as bashing. Unchecked, that could create an atmosphere that invites real bashing that none of us want.

It also could set up the appearance of a double standard where LEOs are allowed to make certain comments that others are not. Well, let's be honest, there is a double standard, but this is not anything exclusive to this forum or to LEOs, it exists everywhere. I just hope it is done in a way that doesn't give the appearance of, or encourage, actual bashing.

That is all.

Dave-

I knew Nick':clowns evil intentions. (Nick this is for you:twofinger) :rofl

Me? I'm way beyond a smartass, and I really try to bite my tongue in the LEO forum, do my best when I post in here and try to help folks out with their questions. If I can answer a question, I do have some experience as a Peace Officer (not a LEO). Traffic? Not so much- I was a Deputy Sheriff on TV.:cool

I'm sorry if I stirred up a hornets nest. I have an issue with lops/slackers/people that "won't/can't" do their jobs. :2cents

I have a few more pix and I have no intention on making a complaint to management:nchantr

Mods- you may close this thread if you choose. Anyone else that would like to talk further more- please PM me.

Back