Why Test Rides aren't allowed

Junkie

gone for now
Moto(s)
n/a
What do get when you cross a 19 year old kid that shows up at Power Yamaha in Sublimity 45 minutes before they close, wanting to test ride a 650 Ninja?

Unfortunately, I didn't see the acrobatic act, but I sure HEARD it from the service department. From what I gathered, he pop'd the clutch, which resulted in this:
IMAG1657_zps78a1f873.jpg

As you can see, he is still wondering what happened, minutes after the accident. His mother is in the car behind him.

IMAG1658_zpsb318bb80.jpg

IMAG1659_zpsfd4afbb8.jpg

adb47db5-9c1c-45c6-941b-ebe1c0bcdca6_zps480bf90c.jpg

IMAG1661_zpsaf8ce39b.jpg

That's gotta be a record for most bikes purchased in one outing.

Notice what appears to be a TW-200 in the last pic. "Yeah, I hold all you bitches up, no problem"

And that's why noobs should start on a turbo 'busa.

Edit: Love the epic :facepalm in the final pic. At least it looks like only an ego was injured, and maybe some rashed plastics.

Thankfully, no real bikes were damaged.

I'M KIDDING! JEEEEZZZ......

Epic facepalm of him in the car in the last picture.

Lol takes one squid to ruin it for all of us. He must have had no experience with any sort of clutch at all and a real twitchy throttle hand. I started on a 650 and you could pop the clutch and gas it and not much would happen. You REALLY had to gas it to get it to wheelie or shoot forward.

Looks like a good time to get a brand new bike at a steep discount yo.:laughing

Sublimity -- is that in Oregon just off 22? Somehow I don't see this whole thing as a big problem. The dealer is sure have enough "general auto"- insurance to cover some minor scratches on dirtbikes and will be happy to total the 650. This whole thing is actually a dream of any bike-dealer to get the money back from insurance company. What insurance company is going to do to "the guy" and his mother(considering that she is the who is policyholder) is entirely different story.

Can you imagine the MONTHS of pleading, reassuring, promises, teen logic and chores that went into getting his mom to drive him to test ride a moto?

Obliterated in seconds. :cry

Too much fast & furious and watching ROC videos on youtube LOL. Pretty obvious this guy has never been on a bike before. He grabbed a whole shit load of throttle haha. Before I started riding, i my buddy let me rev his bike in neutral. I swear i barely even moved my wrist and that thing was at WOT...scared the crap out of me. I imagine same thing with this kid got on and did the same thing, cept in gear haha.

Also, I think the sales guy are partly to blame. Everytime I asked to start a bike up, they pull it out of the line up so if something happens, you don't wreck the rest of the bikes.

Back