• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Attempted theft, need to get bike home

Moto(s)
Hey guys,

I just walked out to my bike and found another rider (non barfer) trying to start his bike but someone cut the ignition wires so obviously it won't start.

Would someone be able to get his bike back home? He's at Jessie and 2nd in the financial district and lives in potrero hill, so not too far.

His number is 415 246 4222 and his name is Gustavo. Sorry if this isn't allowed... Just don't know how to help him get his bike back and don't want it to sit in the street all night for the thieves to come back.

Thanks!

There is a sticky on top of this page for road assistance. Post there. People who signed up will get notified.

I no longer have a truck to help him but kudos to you for posting this up. :thumbup

We tried to reconnect the cut wires but it won't light up when the key is in the on position.

Oh wow, I wish I had seen this earlier I was in the City with my truck this afternoon. Does he have AAA, AMA, or full coverage. Often he can get a tow through any of these. If not I may be able to help tomorrow or Wednesday.

Shit, I didn't see this either.
would have gone and got him if another could have arranged a ramp

Last edited:
Check the main fuse. When they cut and stripped the wires they may have touched the hot wire to the frame blowing the fuse. Hence why they abandoned the theft.

Sorry you two are dealing with this.

This spot seems to be dangerous... Keep parking on stevenson, in front of the hotel parking....

Oh wow, I wish I had seen this earlier I was in the City with my truck this afternoon. Does he have AAA, AMA, or full coverage. Often he can get a tow through any of these. If not I may be able to help tomorrow or Wednesday.

Thank you Gwynne! I will text him tomorrow and see if he's figured out how he'll get his bike home and let you know! That's very nice of you.

Shit, I didn't see this either.
would have gone and got him if another could have arranged a ramp

Thanks! I didn't know what to do other than post here since I don't have a truck and was on my bike.

Check the main fuse. When they cut and stripped the wires they may have touched the hot wire to the frame blowing the fuse. Hence why they abandoned the theft.

Sorry you two are dealing with this.

I'll let him know about the fuse. I didn't even think to check the fuse box since I've never actually dealt with a hot-wired (or attempted hot wire) bike before.

This spot seems to be dangerous... Keep parking on stevenson, in front of the hotel parking....

Yeah, I've been parking on Jessie just because it's a bit cheaper, but I guess I'll start parking on Stevenson more often. Do you know how late the security in front of the hotel parking stays around for?

I just saw this thread. I can grab my trailer after work and head up to get the bike. Just let me know via PM if my services are required.

In the future, if you need roadside MC assistance, sign up for http://www.russbrown.com/.

Its a network of MC riders (free to join) who help each other for free. I have gotten free jumps and a toe from this before. Awesome community of bikers helping bikers

Are these the lawyers who set up at Alice's? It's a well organized service.

kinda of got me thinking.. I just started commuting into the city. Im in china town.. Are the garages like st marys or surrounding garages pretty safe for the most part? I never park on the street.

Back