• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Crashed on redwood road

Moto(s)
Hey guys, I lowsided my bike on redwood road and its not rideable. Would someone be able to give me a tow home to Palo Alto? Thanks!

Edit: handled

Last edited:
IM'd

if you can call me I have a pick up and ramp, I'm about an hour from redwood road

Last edited:
If Tux can't get you...

I can't go to Palo Alto tonight but could get your bike and stash it in my garage in Richmond and deal with getting it south later.

All good. He's taken care of. Solomon AKA Flying Pig to the rescue.

Last edited:
Glad you are okay. I remember meeting you at t hill

Hope you're ok.

(Lowside sale price on fj now?) Too soon?

I got dibs August. He offered it to me yesterday during a ride...:teeth The price was a bit higher then though...

(Sorry Rag, couldn't resist. Heal up man)

Hand is pretty swollen and ankle hurts but I need to get the bike home first.

very sorry to hear about the wipeout cookiemonster, i'm glad to hear you are relatively ok and thinking if I remember your impressive engine protectors on your rad yeahmaha, that the low side was not so significant that it totals the bike and most importantly that if your are out getting xrays on the hand and ankle that nothing is broken?

Hope you're ok.

(Lowside sale price on fj now?) Too soon?

I got dibs August. He offered it to me yesterday during a ride...:teeth The price was a bit higher then though...

(Sorry Rag, couldn't resist. Heal up man)

:rofl

I was asking Solomon if he thought I could sell it for $2k now. :laughing

very sorry to hear about the wipeout cookiemonster, i'm glad to hear you are relatively ok and thinking if I remember your impressive engine protectors on your rad yeahmaha, that the low side was not so significant that it totals the bike and most importantly that if your are out getting xrays on the hand and ankle that nothing is broken?

Unfortunately the engine cage got bent up when I got hit last month so I removed it. There are quite a few more battle scars on it now

Maybe if I sticker bomb it enough no one would be able to tell? :teeth

Are you ok? I'm spending the night at a friends house and my phone is dead again, how did you go down?

I stayed and talked with that group of guys a bit, there are some skid marks as if you tried to brake and also some scrapes on the ground from what we are assuming was your foot peg feelers.

Then 20 minutes later there was another officer that came by after you left and talked to the guys that stayed with your bike and he asked if we were with you or if we seen you speeding at any point. We played dumb. He asked if he was "Chasing a faster rider" or trying to lead a group and we again said we didn't know and that you were riding alone.
Seemed like he was really trying to get us to say you were speeding...

I'm pretty sure my peg feeler just dug in. A good chunk of it is gone. I didn't hit the brakes mid turn because I didn't think I was entering the turn too fast and had committed to the turn already. I think a combination of lean angle and bumps caused the feeler to catch and I went down. All I remember was a ton of scraping from the feeler and then sliding on the road.

I felt my line was good and wasn't drifting towards the inside or outside of the corner so I'm not sure what went wrong. Either way I think I got pretty lucky as is.

Happy you are mostly okay cookie and got your bike where it needs to go

Last edited:
Happy you made it out of there with minimal injuries Rag.

Man what a bummer. Glad it wasn't worse and hope you heal up quickly.

Back