HWY 17 Accident rider down.

sasquatch

Moto(s)
one or another
OH Shit!!!
7:07PM ALL LANES OPEN
6:22PM 1039 DICKS WITH CORRECT 1020
6:22PM AS SOON WE GET THE DRVR OUT OF THE #2 LANE WE WILL OPEN THE #1 LANE AND LET TRFC THRU
6:20PM 1039 DICKS AUTO--FOR 2 1185 S
6:18PM 26-117 BOTH LANES ARE CLOSED--AIR 1141 ENRT LZ IS DEER CREEK REST --SB JSO SUMMIT
6:17PM NEG CPR--RIDER IS BLEEDING--NO FEELING FROM THE SHOULDERS DOWN PER 26-117
6:16PM 26-117 1097--FIRE WILL BE 1097 SHORTLY--RIDER DOWN IN #1 LANE
6:07PM 1039 AMBULANCE ENRT
6:06PM 1039 1141
6:06PM MC VS BLU CAR

Valgar was headed down that way today/tonight. Has anyone heard anything from him?

I hope the rider, and all parties involved are going to be OK...:(

Hope they're ok.

eisenfaust said:
Valgar was headed down that way today/tonight. Has anyone heard anything from him?

Dave and I passed the accident shortly after it happened. A rider was on the ground in the middle of NB 17 just north of the summit as we passed going south.

Several people were kneeling around the rider, and there were at least two other bikes parked on the side. A CHP car and a fire truck were just a few hundred feet up the road responding to the accident.

It looked like a silver SV, but someone else said it was a 929.

Ah god...that police report sounds awful. I hope it turns out not to be accurate. :(

6:17PM --NO FEELING FROM THE SHOULDERS DOWN PER 26-117

That doesn't sound good does it:confused

:(

Good luck rider. Prayers with you.

:( Prayers sent... get-well-:angel

17 southbound was at standstill at ~9:15pm, seen from an overpass in LG... :rolleyes

Yana:banana

Anyone have anymore info on this? I drove by heading south and saw the carnage. I would have to agree. I think it was a Honda, not a Suzuki. However, there were many bikes there, and it all went by so fast. I wish the best for the rider.

i saw this yesterday on my way home. no chp/fire/ambulances/other motorcyclists were there yet so i turned around once i got to summit so i can make sure everything that could be done was being done. i was the first motorcyclist there, and i passed a guy on a bmw 1150 gs and told him a rider was down. we split through stopped traffic to assist. when we got there, he knew who he was, where he was, and why he was there (check). when i got to the scene everything was about as good as you can get. there was a doctor and 2 nurses trying to keep him stable and stationary (check). i hope if i go down one day that i am that lucky.

some of what is below is what i "know" based on what the other witnesses said. these may not be fact as i did not see the accident:

the rider was the second of two who were splitting lanes. one car lost control (the driver only had a permit and 2 passengers) spun and hit one car and then hit the motorcyclist. another car was involved but i think just as a witness. the first motorcyclist kept going (but i believe he returned about 20 mins later). the bike was not silver, it was black, iirc. i dont remember the make/model, it was new, and shiney. it was very damaged, to the point the key had broken off. it was still on but i couldnt easy manipulate it to turn it off. it was not leaking gas and it was no longer running (check).

after awhile the chp arrived, then fire, then the ambulance. they did the normal routine and i believe he was able to move their left leg as it appeared he was holding it up, but again, this not because i heard it to be true, but what i saw. i believe his name was "glenn" or something close to that. i stayed after he left in the ambulance to vmc. after the first fire truck left, i confirmed with the chp who was leading the situation that i was no longer needed and i left.

glad to see he was alive, and i hope it was all good news from after he left.

edit: the first thing i thought of was to remember if i had the checklist that i saw on barf before memorized enough. i just spent 2 minutes looking for it to see if i missed anything but i cant find it. if someone knows what im talking about can someone post a link?

Last edited:
odyss3y said:
edit: the first thing i thought of was to remember if i had the checklist that i saw on barf before memorized enough. i just spent 2 minutes looking for it to see if i missed anything but i cant find it. if someone knows what im talking about can someone post a link?

Thanks for the additional info, odyss3y.

I think this is the checklist you're talking about:

Accident scene management Part 1 and 2 (long)

I'm glad that the rider seems like he's going to be okay..

But splitting on 17 when cars are moving fast enough for one to lose control and spin? :wtf

I avoid 17 like the plague because I find it a dangerous road even without splitting with poorly graded roads and lousy drivers going faster than their own competence.

Back